Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #91
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Featured at Indiebooks Blog today.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #92
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Congratulations.

Did you notice that Cory Doctorow went indie as well?
He is publishing his new book "With a Little Help" just by himself, without any publisher. All his previous books (paper form) were published by a big-name publisher.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #93
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Congratulations.

Did you notice that Cory Doctorow went indie as well?
He is publishing his new book "With a Little Help" just by himself, without any publisher. All his previous books (paper form) were published by a big-name publisher.
Yes I saw that. His Limited Edition book selling for USD250-00. His previous books published Tor.

I don't think he's moving away from them - this was an off-site experiment. So far he reckons he's cleared about 50K USD.

All power to him.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #94
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
I don't think he's moving away from them - this was an off-site experiment. So far he reckons he's cleared about 50K USD.
Well, if you begin to write a book with $10k commission from Mark Shuttleworth (the founder of Canonical, father of Ubuntu Linux distro) for a single story ...

Yesterday I have listened to audiobook version of the story "13 epoch", and I liked it very much.
I was avoiding his books lately, because he over-promoted them on BoingBoing, but there isn't a trace of his newest book on BB, so I downloaded one ogg file with "Shuttleworth's" story and had a good time listening.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 AM   #95
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Well, if you begin to write a book with $10k commission from Mark Shuttleworth (the founder of Canonical, father of Ubuntu Linux distro) for a single story ...

Yesterday I have listened to audiobook version of the story "13 epoch", and I liked it very much.
I was avoiding his books lately, because he over-promoted them on BoingBoing, but there isn't a trace of his newest book on BB, so I downloaded one ogg file with "Shuttleworth's" story and had a good time listening.
I've sent Mark an email

Right I am going to go get 13 epoch your recommendations are always good
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #96
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
When I am exhausted at my meetings tomorrow, or fall asleep while assessing a student, I will be sure to blame Simon and this book. Make sure you can sleep in when you start it.... review here!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #97
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
When I am exhausted at my meetings tomorrow, or fall asleep while assessing a student, I will be sure to blame Simon and this book. Make sure you can sleep in when you start it.... review here!
Grace,

Thanks so much for reviewing my book. And thanks for what you do for Indie authors.

You're great.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #98
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A GraceKrispy review will be a factor in decisions I make on indie ebook purchases.

Simon - you got a great review there. But I'd already bought your book so it didn't factor in the decision this time around.

Regards
Caleb
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #99
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
A GraceKrispy review will be a factor in decisions I make on indie ebook purchases.

Simon - you got a great review there. But I'd already bought your book so it didn't factor in the decision this time around.

Regards
Caleb
Cool. Thanks Caleb, so you were the one

The launch has gone really well up to #10 in Technothrillers on Amazon, which is very pleasing.

And I'm sure that Grace's review is a big part of that. I read all of Grace's reviews, because she's honest, fair, and really does get into the heart of the story.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #100
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted say congratulations on Tag's launch.

CONGRATULATIONS

Cheers
Vicki
Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #101
simonroyle
Addict

Thanks Vicki.

(The emoticons made me laugh).
Old 12-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #102
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Caleb and Simon, thank you for the very kind words!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #103
simonroyle
Addict

Tag was reviewed by Vicki Tyley... and it's a great review
Old 01-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #104
simonroyle
Addict

Tag - got a great review from Milo of Milorambles.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #105
simonroyle
Addict

Two nice writes on Tag up from Isabella Morales of the scattering.

100 Suspicious Acts in Progress

100-years-new (review: SF thriller Tag)
Closed Thread