Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #91
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Cool! I'm getting a refund since they didn't seem to want to send mine back as it was (which was working normally) -- remember I changed my mind about the return. So no I think I'll just standby til I see the money show up and then decide what to do.
problem is that it's going to take a whiiiile... i hate that
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 AM   #92
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNaru View Post
It that normal?
Completely normal. Cell phones never reach their maximum standby time and book readers never reach their maximum number of page turns. That is just the world of advertising.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #93
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
problem is that it's going to take a whiiiile... i hate that
Yep. That's really at the heart of my decision. I was pushing them to just slap a label on the box and return it to me, but Ruby ignored my emails for days and then didn't seem willing to do that, so that gives me the opportunity to re-evaluate and the may be something even better in 4-6 weeks. There are big changes happening in this ebook reader world in the next 6 months methinks and for now I'm quite happy with my Sony 505.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #94
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Big changes?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaNaru View Post
Hi, I'm not sure if I have a battery problem. Just need to clarify.

As the website state, the battery should last about 8000 page turns.
No it shouldn't - that's just hype from PVI, the screen manufacturer, which every reader manufacturer quotes, but which bears no more relationship to "reality" than do the fuel-consumption figures quoted by car manufacturers.

It means that if you fully charge the battery, and then turn the page as fast as it will go until the battery is flat, then you'd get 8000 page turns. That is not the way that an eBook reader is used in the real world, and in reality you'll get nothing even approaching 8000 page turns.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #96
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Big changes?
There are new announcements almost daily....the Sony Daily Edition is due, the plastic logic reader the new irex etc etc.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #97
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Yep. That's really at the heart of my decision. I was pushing them to just slap a label on the box and return it to me, but Ruby ignored my emails for days and then didn't seem willing to do that, so that gives me the opportunity to re-evaluate and the may be something even better in 4-6 weeks. There are big changes happening in this ebook reader world in the next 6 months methinks and for now I'm quite happy with my Sony 505.
I was about to request a refund and order a kindle 2 refurb, but they already sent it back, so I guess it was a signal not to go to the dark side
Old 09-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #98
kennyc

Quote:
I was about to request a refund and order a kindle 2 refurb, but they already sent it back, so I guess it was a signal not to go to the dark side
The PP is a fine reader.

Much better than a kindle in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #99
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
The PP is a fine reader.

Hopefully I'll be able to find out next week. ^_^
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #100
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
The PP is a fine reader.

I was reading yesterday some of the many problems with the kindle 2 and I think I'll stick with the pocket pro
The replacement it's supposed to arrive tomorrow
Old 09-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #101
kennyc

And clearly exhibiting my obsessive tendencies I picked up a second 505 which was on clearance at Target over the weekend.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #102
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
And clearly exhibiting my obsessive tendencies I picked up a second 505 which was on clearance at Target over the weekend.
Fortunately, I am not so evil as to tempt you to buy an M-edge cover for the PRS-700 which still fits the 505 while they are on sale. That would be wrong.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #103
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Quote:
Dear SD:

I actually think the fates smiled on you!! Eventually you are going to love that Pocket PRO and its formats and its replaceable battery and that SD card slot.

Maybe, just maybe, someone was smiling down upon you. I still think you will later become a most ardent fan!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #104
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Fortunately, I am not so evil as to tempt you to buy an M-edge cover for the PRS-700 which still fits the 505 while they are on sale. That would be wrong.
And fortunately I'm not tempted in the least. pretty happy with the INCLUDED leather cover for the 505.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #105
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Actually agreeing with Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No it shouldn't - that's just hype from PVI, the screen manufacturer, which every reader manufacturer quotes, but which bears no more relationship to "reality" than do the fuel-consumption figures quoted by car manufacturers.

It means that if you fully charge the battery, and then turn the page as fast as it will go until the battery is flat, then you'd get 8000 page turns. That is not the way that an eBook reader is used in the real world, and in reality you'll get nothing even approaching 8000 page turns.
Dear All:

Harry knows his stuff. He can be gruff and ornery... but he is smart. Do not expect to get 8,000 page turns in real life. WHY then do manufactruers keep saying it will? Because Kindle said it first and nobody wants to look like theirs gets less time per charge than the Kindle.

Folks, it gives you "one hell of a lot of page turns per charge". I think it is plenty. But, remember that playing MP3 takes power and start-ups take power. Please do not look at the page turn count as anything more than a rough estimate at best. Compared to regular backlit screens, the E-Ink will give you many times as much per charge. That is a blessing.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote