Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #91
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
version 6.3 doesn't work at all.
I downloaded it twice and when trying to install says no exe file or corrupted exe file .
I downloaded 6.2 and earlier versions no problems, you might want to check it and correct it. Thanks.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #92
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
I installed it on windows as usual, no problems.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoGonzalez View Post
Great program, but with a fatal bug:

I have version 0.6.2 on Vista-64. When I try to import 136 books (most in PDF format) from hard drive, system slows down to a crawl (I have Quad-Core, 8 gig of ram, 20 Gig free space on HD), runs out of memory in about 5 minutes and becomes unresponsive. SEEMS LIKE SOME MEMORY IS NOT BEING PROPERLY RELEASED.

When computer stopped responding completely (about 10 minutes, 30% of books imported), I managed to terminate it. Then I checked hard-drive- 20 Gig of space was GONE! Just like that. The Calibre book directory was only 20 MB, so I went to check windows temp directory, and, voila- it was overfilled with thousands of files named "magick-something", each one about 4 meg long. So, also- temporary files are not properly released.

What is going on?
Actually, there's no way the program can delete the temp files if you've terminated it before it's done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
version 6.3 doesn't work at all.
I downloaded it twice and when trying to install says no exe file or corrupted exe file .
I downloaded 6.2 and earlier versions no problems, you might want to check it and correct it. Thanks.
I didn't know we are up to version 6.3 yet.

But, I did install 0.6.3 with no problems on my Windows XP Pro system.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #95
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Installation feedback...

Just wanted to request an update to the windows installer. When installing a new version the "installer" defaults to the "C" drive. Caliber 0.5.x as well as other windows apps actually show where an app is currently installed which may or may not be "C".
Thanks for a great product!!!
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket, or I will forget
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #97
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I didn't know we are up to version 6.3 yet.
But, I did install 0.6.3 with no problems on my Windows XP Pro system.

Thanks Jon!
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #98
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
thanks too, I was troubleshooting the problem and wasn't sure if it was me or the program, and getting feedback helped me to cross off the program as being the problem. I did install tuneup utilities 2009 yesterday and that is what caused the problem, I rolled back my computer to right before I installed the program , and now the calibre program installs again.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #99
DhuGall
DhuGall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Version 0.6.x not seeing Sony 505

I am having trouble since updating from 0.5, since installing 0.6 I have not been able to upload to the Sony reader. It all worked perfectly in the earlier version. Any suggestions
DhuGall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #100
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What model of Sony Reader? I have a PRS-500 and I find it has to be plugged in before I start Calibre to be able to upload to it. In the 0.5.14 release I could plug it in at any time.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #101
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Open a ticket, or I will forget
I created ticket #3003.

Thanks,
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #102
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Epub file size limit

Is there a file size limit for epubs in calibre 6.

I tried loading a 18 mb epub and I get error messages. But I was OK on a 2 mb file.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not hard coded, depends on the amount of memory your computer has. What error are you getting?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #104
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Epub 18 meg book

Since your 6.03 worked OK on a 2 meg book, it is possible it is the 18 meg book, however the messages under the download indicated it worked OK.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52321

---------------------------

When I tried opeing the above book in Calibre 6.03 I got the following:

When I hit View, it opens the window, acts like it's opening the book, then I get:

Error: Could not open ebook
(267, 'The directory name is invalid')

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\viewer\main .py", line 56, in run
File "threading.pyo", line 477, in run
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.pyo", line 140, in __enter__
File "calibre\customize\conversion.pyo", line 217, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\epub\input.pyo", line 106, in convert
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.pyo", line 1013, in extractall
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.pyo", line 1001, in extract
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.pyo", line 1037, in _extract_member
File "os.pyo", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: 'c:\\users\\sharon\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre_ 0.6.3_umezmf_ebook_iter\\OEBPS\\images\\aux'

When I hit "next page"(? the purple right arrow) I get:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception
AttributeError: "EbookViewer' object has no attribute "current_index'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\viewer\main .py", line 247, in <lambda>
File "calibre\gui2\viewer\documentview.pyo", line 549, in next_page
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\viewer\main .py", line 607, in next_document
AttributeError: 'EbookViewer' object has no attribute 'current_index'

Hopes this helps you, I'm not anxious about this, just a book I thought I'd peruse.

Thanks for all your hard work.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #105
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that's a very weird error message and it has nothing to do with file size. Indeed that book works fine for me (albeit in linux) Can someone else try it in windows please.