Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #91
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodora View Post
But I beg to differ--publishers aren't going to even publish ebooks unless they have a reasonable chance of making a profit off of them. Since the availability of ebooks has been increasing--it seems that the people with ebook readers must be going up accordingly. I'm sure some of it is sort of preparing for the future--but if there was almost no interest now, the publishers wouldn't be doing anything with them.
Oh but I absolutely agree. I also mentioned that eBooks are the future and that readers will be common in the near future. Publishers aren't stupid and know that they have to be ready by the time the readers are getting main stream (read affordable and sturdy). I even will believe there are tons of kindles sold because of the effort Amazon has put into that hideous device.......
All I'm saying is that I don't believe there are that much Cybooks sold. The device is just too expensive and too hard to come by
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 AM   #92
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
I think this can be compared with the MP3 music files and readers. Some 10 years ago you could convert music files into mp3 files, about 9 years ago the first mp3 readers started to appear in the market (I had a "creative" with 600 M which was really fantastic at the time), and now everyone has an ipod or similar.

I subscribed to a website "Weblisten", for a flat rate of 13.000 Pesetas/month (apr. 80 $) where you could download all the music you wanted, they paid the corresponding authors fees so this was legal and they had a fantastic database.

Probably it's just a matter of time before the same thing happens with the ereaders and ebook files, although I'm aware that we (we= people hooked on reading) are a minority compared to people who listen to music.

anahid
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #93
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
JUst a not for anyone considering ordering one from WH Smith

I just checked the listing online, and it shows they have stock, so it may be worth placing an order before they run out (again)
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #94
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well, I've managed to get a couple of people interested in getting the Gen 3, and as soon as let them know it was back in stock, they rushed to get their orders in.

I'm really keen to see how well their able to keep supply in sync with demand. I think they were probably surprised at the demand, or didn't expect so many people to know a great deal when they saw one.

Still anyone talk to WH Smith about whether their going to have instore demo units like Waterstones, or at least promotion for it. or is it just going to be web only for now.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #95
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Once I realised they were showing back 'in stock' I was rather hoping I'd see some movement with my order today but alas it is still showing 'in progress' which is the same it's showed since the beginning .. I have an email in to their Customer Services asking for a progress report .. they have a 'we'll reply within 48 hours' thing on that tho so we'll see ..

Loopy
Advert
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #96
Tommo43
Enthusiast
Tommo43 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
according to WH Smith web page the bookeen is back in stock at £179. my order for £149 is according to my order page is in progress. Three cheers for WHS
Old 09-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the screen of the Gen3 just breaks without the user causing the break, will W.H. Smith replace it under warranty?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:28 AM   #98
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I doubt it. If you took a glass ornament in pieces back to the store where you bought it and said "it just broke", do you think they'd believe you? Broken glass equates to user fault in most peoples' minds, and how could you prove that "it just broke"?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:29 AM   #99
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
Once I realised they were showing back 'in stock' I was rather hoping I'd see some movement with my order today but alas it is still showing 'in progress' which is the same it's showed since the beginning .. I have an email in to their Customer Services asking for a progress report .. they have a 'we'll reply within 48 hours' thing on that tho so we'll see ..

Loopy
My friend who ordered got his Gen3 last week, so they really are shipping!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 AM   #100
jljones
Enthusiast
jljones is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad
It's now showing "Availability: 4 or more weeks" again.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:52 AM   #101
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I doubt it. If you took a glass ornament in pieces back to the store where you bought it and said "it just broke", do you think they'd believe you? Broken glass equates to user fault in most peoples' minds, and how could you prove that "it just broke"?
I expect them to replace it or prove that I broke it according to EU rules if it was less then 6 months since I bought it. And if the shop has another policy it should be written clearly on their web page or in the shop.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #102
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I expect them to replace it or prove that I broke it according to EU rules if it was less then 6 months since I bought it. And if the shop has another policy it should be written clearly on their web page or in the shop.
I wish you the very best of luck in enforcing your "rights". Perhaps things work differently in Sweden, but you'd have a VERY hard time getting a refund or replacement in any UK store, I suspect.

It might be an amusing experiment to try it and see what happens . I'd like to think that you're right, but I'm afraid that I have a certain degree of cynicism in these matters.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #103
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:
My friend who ordered got his Gen3 last week, so they really are shipping!
yes, it's good to hear that other people are starting to get theirs. Hoping tho that they didn't forget about the one's who are 'waiting' !

Loopy
Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #104
jinibiza
jinibiza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/iPad/Iphone
I've just ordered one. They still show the product as "In stock".

John
Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #105
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I guess it depends on the store and the item. We recently bought a set of dishware for our sons dorm room. Upon opening it we discovered one of the items was broken. Walmart happily replaced the item from another box for us. They didn't accuse us of breaking it.

BOb
Closed Thread