Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #91
alefor
Edge User

Just an aside, but I wouldnt hold my breath for the Adam, given its history so far, and the fate of the Courier and Que (both Dead BEFORE arrival). This market is changing at an incredibly rapid rate.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #92
MichaelV
Edge User

Adam got the investors and production is happening now!! Pixel Qi are producing screens for them NOW! I have a pixel qi that installed in my acer d250 an every day I am amazed with it.

Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #93
Chubulor
Edge User

I was about to post a snarky reply to MichaelV, but luckily I checked google first. According to Slashgear and several other sites, Notion Ink has actually produced a price list ($349-$499 depending on features) and more specifics on the Adam today, and claims the only variable remaining for release is FCC certification, which could happen anytime between November and January. This is more specific than NI has ever been before, so perhaps my doubts about them were unfounded.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #94
alefor
Edge User

I still have doubts...major doubts....but i agree that this is better than it has looked before.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #95
Chubulor
Edge User

Yeah, I've had a "too good to be true" feeling about the Adam since I first saw the Slashgear video on it back in January. In a way I'm not happy about the new news because I was originally planning on waiting for the Adam and only bought the Edge when I was convinced it was vaporware.

Of course the features have been scaled back a bit and the price is higher than they were speculating back then. It was originally supposed to ship with dual boot Ubuntu and Android but now it's going to just have Android.

Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #96
MichaelV
Edge User

I know a retailer in continental Europe that placed an large order, but due to confidentiality of my work I can not say more. They will be in for Xmas at least in Europe and UK. Do not know about USA, but production is happening and I may get a pre-released Adam through my work which will be identical with the production batch. It will be an Ipad killer, not a Edge killer. I hope next version on Edge to be better than this Fisher Price design and feature both E-ink and multitouch pixel qi. than Edge will be both an Ipad and Adam killer. and guys at edge upgrade that uber crappy camera that costs 1 dollar to add!! it is not usable.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #97
shinkamui
Edge User

ha ha, yea, I laughed when I activated the camera for the first time. That is a first and last. That space would have been better off on the other side as a pop out LED for reading the eink screen in teh dark .

Old 08-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #98
MichaelV
Edge User

agreed! that is a not feature. also applications have the habit to crash the camera!

Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #99
Snow
Edge User

For the sake of organizing ideas, we will close this thread on Tuesday as it is getting to be quite long. You can continue the conversations, I'm not trying to discourage them, merely organize them.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #100
robot
Edge User

About donations, PM me, 'cos I don't want to publish my email on forum (where spambot can harvest it).

p.s. vBulletin can handle several thousand of post per thread without any drawback. But if it really necessary then continue here http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...nswers-etc-etc

Old 08-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #101
Snow
Edge User

vBulletin can handle the amount of posts, but it's undeniable that the original topic (what people will think the thread is about) will not be maintained.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #102
MichaelV
Edge User

And Entourage is here to censor the matters!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #103
Chubulor
Edge User

Actually the title topic wasn't even maintained by the first post in that thread.

We should start a Tag Team Debate thread...that one will stay on topic!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #104
robot
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermarkitos2004 View Post
Could you install Ubuntu Netbook Remix for ARM Processors in our Edge Entourage (in USB-Stick, dual-boot... maybe)? You could use your EDGE as a real netbook, with Firefox, Openoffice, and thousands of other programs.
I succesfully installed Debian just to test if it's possible Also I tried to install Ubuntu, but all Ubuntu versions which I found were targeted to ARMv6 and higher (in eDGe we have ARMv5). So it's not so easy as I thought. If someone close to Ubuntu community, ask for version which support ARMv5.
P.S. is anyone interested in win95 on e-ink side?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #105
D4N14L
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
P.S. is anyone interested in win95 on e-ink side?
well, I WOULD be, but isn't win95 based on x86 code, not ARM?