Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #91
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post

Keep it up for us. Even if I can not watch movies or tv on it, at least it gives me something else to play with. I can use the ipod for movies or pandora, then this for surfing.

Since it uses the rom from the other tablet, is there a manual too? Is there a built in one like the ipod?

You can watch movies, music videos on it. Do you want to know how? Actually the manual in the Maylong M-150 is better than the one you get from China for ePad. You have color pictures we don't have any. Plus not any better. What would you like to know?

Last edited by tipstir; 11-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #92
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
tipstir - sorry to hear that you aren't keeping it. Was hoping you could help out with root as it seems the ones receiving theirs recently have not had any success. As far as I can tell there are only 2 people who were able to successfully root and they seem to have been some of the early buyers. I tried and had to revert back to the replacement you have out.

Do you happen to have a replacement with a later build? Or is there a way for me to copy it off a second Maylong that I got but havent done anythng to. Got them for 2 grandkids and now they're not the same anymore (different builds and home pages, etc). Seems kids will ffind something to fight about if they're not the same.

Thanks.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #93
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

This M-150 uses a different drivers so the ePad community is working on these drivers. So when that happens you should be able to use the same drivers. The odd thing about the M-150 is the connection port. I didn't care for it. Right down to the settings is the same as the ePad except you did have a quick launch feature but I guess that's in the latest ROM. Yes my niece didn't care for the first ePad. She told me uncle it's too slow. Now my second one is faster. But even if you apply the Rooted ROM MOD they still need to be tweaked. I post what I can when I see anything to post about the ROMs. Now they're coming come out with Flytouch ePad 2 out of china so instead of having that connector to connect to you would have all those ports on the unit itself. I don't know if Maylong would carry such a tablet.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #94
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

tipstir - have you any idea why 2 people could root in the beginning and now I'm only seeing posts about being bricked or stuck in loading? I was one and I tried everything before I went to the replacement.

I don't know if there are any more who successfully rooted; no one else said so.

I'm curious how many got it to work and how many didn't.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #95
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Has to be something with the hardware. I've seen the same issue on ePad. Where some can overclock it to 400MHz and some are stuck at 350MHz, 375MHz or 387MHz.
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #96
Kelvin
Kelvin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tipstir: how long does the battery on your EPAD last? I'm just received my M-150 today. I started playing with it after several hours of charging The battery went down to 35% after 45 minutes. I'm not happy with it. Additionally, my eyes were strain looking at the screen for 15 minutes or so. I'm considering returning it as well.
Kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #97
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Yep that's how it was when I got the ePad after Rooted ROM solved that but if Quick Settings you don't need it rooted to use:

Use this and adjust the back-light panel to 50% might even try 25% these panels are different that you get on the more expensive tablets.

Last edited by tipstir; 11-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #98
Kelvin

Tipstir: thanks for the tip. I will play for the next few days and see if I will grow into it. Have you installed Angry Bird on your EPAD? I tried but it didn't work. I haven't rooted mine, it is still running the stock 1.6. Do you think it would help if I rooted it to 1.9? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #99
JBPK33
JBPK33 began at the beginning.

I returned it yesterday to Walgreen's. No hassle. Got a full refund (credit card). When I tried to put the micro sd card in it got stuck. Had a hard time yanking it out. Couldn't download apps, books, etc.
JBPK33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #100
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPK33 View Post
I returned it yesterday to Walgreen's. No hassle. Got a full refund (credit card). When I tried to put the micro sd card in it got stuck. Had a hard time yanking it out. Couldn't download apps, books, etc.
Mine kept on popping out and then wouldn't come out. That's not good off the get go! Got $2 bucks more from the Executive Assisted Manager.

Those of you who have M-150, I am making a new Rooted ROM for it. I have one for ePad which I had released late in the morning today!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #101
NoName
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Those of you who have M-150, I am making a new Rooted ROM for it. I have one for ePad which I had released late in the morning today!
Thanks Tipster! Can't wait to try it and hope it works.

Haven't made a final decision yet on whether I return them, but I might just keep them as they're mostly for being readers for 2 kids. But it would be nice to have a working Market.

Any idea when ths should be ready?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #102
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I received my M-150 today and since all of you were having problems with Micro SD I used a thumb drive to move over the Kindle apk and it works but I can't find the Kindle directory so I can move over some books.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #103
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Thanks Tipster! Can't wait to try it and hope it works.

Haven't made a final decision yet on whether I return them, but I might just keep them as they're mostly for being readers for 2 kids. But it would be nice to have a working Market.

Any idea when ths should be ready?
I am testing out v0.7a 2.0.0.105 now for ePad crowd. The only version that works on M-150 one right now is v3. I going to test v3 with 2.0.0.105 and without updates, but you'll have the new ad-host to block stuff off the web, plenty of games for the kids/adult . I won't be able to test the M-150 version someone I guess will on my tablet zone. Market will be available also.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #104
Kelvin

Tipstir, will it support M-150 with 2.1.1.105? thanks for the hard work.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #105
richardf
richardf began at the beginning.

Device: Maylong M-150
I returned mine to Wallgreens yesterday with some regrets. I was starting to lose battery life and I plan to only buy one tablet pc and I feel that a 10" one would be better. I used a neighbors Ipad today and was super impressed with the speed and apps. What does one do if the battery would fail? Can they be replaced?
richardf is offline   Reply With Quote