Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 06:27 AM   #91
sglinert
Enthusiast
sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPod Touch 5, Illudium Q-42 Explosive Space Modulator
I'm looking forward to the update!
sglinert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #92
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: iPhone [Hyphen Reader]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Got the non free version today...tried the free version and liked it enough to give the paid version a try and to support the app.

I like it though I've only played around with it. Once I spent time reading it I'd like to add my two cents.
Great, looking forward to your impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
My two cents are Hyphen dev needs to release faster. Less big updates and more little ones, to show customers Hyphen is alive.

Even a bug fix only version will be desirable.

Personally, I've stopped using it until at least will sync reading positions across devices because without that is completely unusable for me.
You're right, that dev does need to release faster. Where is he, by the way?!

Kidding aside, I agree with you. As it stands, with 2.0 significant chunks of the core code have changed, and been rewritten. As a result, it's taking longer, and I've oped to focus on it rather than smaller, incremental updates.

Thank you all for using Hyphen
hyphenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2016, 05:10 PM   #93
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
A quick question - how does Hyphen handle series ordering? One of the things I dislike about my Kobo Touch and the iOS Kindle app is that you can't sort by author then by series order, then by title. In some cases, there are up to 20 books in a series, several series and stand alones. If you sort by author, then by title, with a prolific author it's a nightmare reading a series in order.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #94
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
A quick question - how does Hyphen handle series ordering? One of the things I dislike about my Kobo Touch and the iOS Kindle app is that you can't sort by author then by series order, then by title. In some cases, there are up to 20 books in a series, several series and stand alones. If you sort by author, then by title, with a prolific author it's a nightmare reading a series in order.
It's currently Series Name > Series Order.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:54 PM   #95
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
You're right, that dev does need to release faster. Where is he, by the way?!

Kidding aside, I agree with you. As it stands, with 2.0 significant chunks of the core code have changed, and been rewritten. As a result, it's taking longer, and I've oped to focus on it rather than smaller, incremental updates.
Well, please don't release code that is smack in the middle of a giant rewrite with things still in flux, just because one or two users are impatient!

@rfog,
there is no reason to fear whether "Hyphen is alive", not when the developer posted the previous day with explicit mention that a new major version is in the works.

-- An interested bystander who doesn't use iDevices anyway. Why are you listening to me?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2016, 03:30 AM   #96
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz;3276421
@[B
rfog[/B],
there is no reason to fear whether "Hyphen is alive", not when the developer posted the previous day with explicit mention that a new major version is in the works.

-- An interested bystander who doesn't use iDevices anyway. Why are you listening to me?
Ok, ok, this is me, the most impatient man ever...

PS: I used to say iCosas (in Spanish) that can be translated to iThings to relate to iOS devices, and aCosas that can be translated to aThings to refer to OS X machines... Well, we can discuss metaphylosopycal i/a-things...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:46 PM   #97
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Good news: Hyphen 2.0 is going to be hitting beta soon, will be posting a link here when that happens (and on Twitter of course!)

Less good news: It's not possible to have rotation lock *and* split view on iPads, as a lovely little limitation of Apple's. Well, technically it is, but not without doing Bad Things.

See you guys soon.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #98
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Good news: Hyphen 2.0 is going to be hitting beta soon ...
Cool! But what does that mean for the general user? Will we be able to try the beta?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #99
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Cool! But what does that mean for the general user? Will we be able to try the beta?
The beta is open to the public, so yes.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #100
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Can you post here (or in your wiki), new features?

I'm expecting your upgrade like a man in the bus to to see his girlfriend.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #101
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Can you post here (or in your wiki), new features?

I'm expecting your upgrade like a man in the bus to to see his girlfriend.
The feature list will be included in the beta listing. An official one will be posted when the beta ends.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #102
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

If you've experienced a bug where toggling Tile/List can cause a crash to occur, please send a description and steps to reproduce to hyphenreader@gmail.com. Don't forget to include device & iOS version. Thanks!
Old 06-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #103
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

The beta for the 1.2 version of Hyphen is now open! If interested, please visit http://hyphenreader.com/beta-signup to signup.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:13 PM   #104
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

The invites to the Hyphen 1.2 beta have been sent out. Thank you to everyone who signed up to test!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #105
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
The invites to the Hyphen 1.2 beta have been sent out. Thank you to everyone who signed up to test!
Apparently I've been asleep at the wheel and didn't even know about Hyphen or the beta testing until I saw this post yesterday!

So, I downloaded the current free version. I took a few minutes to replicate the settings that I currently use in Marvin. It was like running into an old friend ... hard to tell that I wasn't in Marvin.

Looks like I missed the boat on beta testing, but will definitely give the new version a test drive when it arrives. No more "asleep at the wheel".
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub, hyphen, ibooks, ios