Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #91
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
Hi David,
I have some encouraging news.
It is funny that Irex's announcement becomes an encouraging news...
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #92
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
David Spitzer

I am assuming the announcement is that they are waiting to ship out (in less than 1 week) units with a larger battery and updated power management software oh and a free case. Might as well dream big...
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #93
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I am assuming the announcement is that they are waiting to ship out (in less than 1 week) units with a larger battery and updated power management software oh and a free case. Might as well dream big...
I am 100% sure they will NOT be announcing that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #94
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

update

I would be happy with an actual ship date that is in October
Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 AM   #95
joshualee1983cn
joshualee1983cn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000s
I order mine in Oct 4th, still not shipping now. I phoned their customer support, she just said that ‘we ship every day, just wait'. Oh, bullshit
joshualee1983cn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #96
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

announcement at ereaderoutfitters

does not really have any update in terms of expected ship dates
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #97
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

hmmm

no ship date in site and a battery life of 3-6 hours? I am wondering like a saw in another thread if I would be better off with a thin slate tablet PC like the Motion LE1700? I see them on ebay for about the same price
Old 10-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #98
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
3-6 hour battery life was because of a software bug, they said they will be releasing a fix for that soon. Probably before yours is shipped.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #99
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Shipping Date

by the time it starts shipping again the plasticlogic reader will be out

here is a timeline of emotions I have felt so far trying to buy one of these

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #100
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
no ship date in site and a battery life of 3-6 hours? I am wondering like a saw in another thread if I would be better off with a thin slate tablet PC like the Motion LE1700? I see them on ebay for about the same price
Well... if you want a tablet you would. However, I don't think many tablets these days do more than 3-4 hours on battery either.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #101
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Irex 1000

I really want the Digital Reader - I am just so impatient - I wish they could get their "stuff" together and issue firm ship dates for people whose money they are holding
Old 10-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #102
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
Ereaderoutfitters says they shipped some today...did anyone receive an email from them? I ordered at Oct 9th and the status page still displays backorder.
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #103
Morffius
Enthusiast
Morffius began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone / Paper
Mine shipped today from eReaderOutfitters.
Morffius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #104
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Backordered

I also ordered on the 9th and it still says

BACKORDERED

Morf when did you order yours?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #105
Morffius
Enthusiast
Morffius began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone / Paper
I'm not sure when the date would be because I was on a list and paid when he got to my name, but we were in contact since the 29th of September.
Morffius is offline   Reply With Quote