Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #91
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This comment made me realize that the new format doesn't have a "Buy It Now" option on the book page unless it's moved somewhere else. I always wondered how many people actually used that option.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #92
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I like it! It's clean and organized and easy to see.

I'd change two things. The genre list needs to be shorten maybe put popular genres at the top.

The Available or Wait list font is too small on the covers.

I like the rest so far.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2016, 06:43 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The covers are too large and the moving dots should go away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #94
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I like it! It's clean and organized and easy to see.
Sorry, Blossom. I've afraid that Jon's declared it to be awful, so that's that .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #95
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just found advanced search. It isn't available unless you are in landscape. There seems to be a lot of websites that don't have options shown unless you are in landscape.
Attachment 152532
I just figured out that when you are in portrait mode you can click on the search box and then it shows the word advanced on a new row below.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2016, 11:50 PM   #96
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I just figured out that when you are in portrait mode you can click on the search box and then it shows the word advanced on a new row below.
Thanks. I thought I had tried that, but obviously I didn't.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:24 AM   #97
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I clicked on the preview now thing. Big mistake, it was hideous!
Same here, It's just awful!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I clicked on the preview now thing. Big mistake, it was hideous!
I have noticed a few things. The new Overdrive is ugly. But, it is more functional then it was when this new Overdrive originally released in 2015. I would like to be able to select what size of covers we see. Smaller would be a lot better.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:52 PM   #99
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
I'm happy to see the "suspend hold" option.

I use this option frequently for library items on hold that I'm afraid might come in when I'm not ready for them. I don't want to tie them up from others being able to have them, but I don't want to go to the bottom of the queue again either.
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:59 AM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The new Overdrive is missing how many items we can borrow and put on hold. Also, there is no notification that something is now available.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #101
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I find the hold queue information on the new site confusing.

On the current/old Overdrive site, one of my books on hold says "1 person ahead of you".

On the new site, for the same book, it says I am "#29 on 8 copies". That makes it sound like I would be waiting a while.

When I click the "?" button, it says the following:

There are (at most) 2 people ahead of you in line.
Total holds: 32
Your holds position: #29 on 8 copies
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #102
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Using the new Overdrive, does anyone know how to tell how many eBooks can be put on hold and how many eBooks can be borrowed? One library I use has already switched and I don't see any way to tell other then filling up the holds and the loans.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:08 PM   #103
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Using the new Overdrive, does anyone know how to tell how many eBooks can be put on hold and how many eBooks can be borrowed? One library I use has already switched and I don't see any way to tell other then filling up the holds and the loans.
I've asked. Not a lot of hope to get an answer but...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #104
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Looks like they forgot to add that important info. I can't find my loans/hold allowed amount anywhere. Fill 'em up I guess.

I did gain another week in loan period on ebooks though on one of my libraries. They had 14 days as max, now its 21 days max. But only if I go in through the beta site, on the old site it still has 14 as most.

I'll get used it it eventually. I saved the new link on the 2 libraries that have the beta to use now. I might as well do so if they gonna change it anyway. Jump in the cold water so to speak to get it over with.

Have to say though the holds info is really confusing to me now. I am on hold for a book. On the hold page it says:

"#43 on 3 copies"

Ok fine, kind of get it. Then when clicking the questionmark they make my head hurt, popup says:

"There are (at most) 20 people ahead of you in line.

Total holds: 60
Your holds position: #42 on 3 copies"

Its like saying the same thing 3 different ways.
Yet, if I am #42 and there are 3 books, why are there at most 20 ahead of me. Wouldn't it be more like....? Never mind. I do not have the genetics for math. This is like those things they used to do in school like "your house is 3 km to the west, you drive your bike 1km per hour while carrying a basket of apples........

Last edited by Atunah; 11-02-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Looks like they forgot to add that important info. I can't find my loans/hold allowed amount anywhere. Fill 'em up I guess.

I did gain another week in loan period on ebooks though on one of my libraries. They had 14 days as max, now its 21 days max. But only if I go in through the beta site, on the old site it still has 14 as most.

I'll get used it it eventually. I saved the new link on the 2 libraries that have the beta to use now. I might as well do so if they gonna change it anyway. Jump in the cold water so to speak to get it over with.

Have to say though the holds info is really confusing to me now. I am on hold for a book. On the hold page it says:

"#43 on 3 copies"

Ok fine, kind of get it. Then when clicking the questionmark they make my head hurt, popup says:

"There are (at most) 20 people ahead of you in line.

Its like saying the same thing 3 different ways.
Yet, if I am #42 and there are 3 books, why are there at most 20 ahead of me. Wouldn't it be more like....? Never mind. I do not have the genetics for math. This is like those things they used to do in school like "your house is 3 km to the west, you drive your bike 1km per hour while carrying a basket of apples........

I prefer...
It makes sense. It means you are #42 and there are 3 copies.

What I am going to have to do is make a list of the borrow and hold amounts at the various libraries since there seems no way to get this.