Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-25-2024, 01:47 AM   #91
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I started getting this issue too - it looks like Kobo recently enabled some kind of Cloudflare bot protection. It might not be possible to get past it but I'll take a look
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 01:52 AM   #92
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
There's been similar CloudFlare issues with FanFicFare in the past few years, so it might be worth asking JimmXinu.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2024, 08:59 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am not getting any covers from Kobo Metadata.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 02:36 PM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am not getting any covers from Kobo Metadata.
If you try a download cover for a ebook and then check the log file, you are likely to find 403 error.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kobobooks.__init__", line 222, in identify
  File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 241, in open_novisit
  File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 313, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class..httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

No cover found
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 05:22 AM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you try a download cover for a ebook and then check the log file, you are likely to find 403 error.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kobobooks.__init__", line 222, in identify
  File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 241, in open_novisit
  File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 313, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class..httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

No cover found
Is there a way around the 403 error?

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-29-2024 at 05:30 AM.
Advert
Old 05-29-2024, 05:34 AM   #96
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From what I can tell the best way around this is to use something like Flaresolverr, which tbh seems quite involved in setting up
Old 05-29-2024, 05:47 AM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
From what I can tell the best way around this is to use something like Flaresolverr, which tbh seems quite involved in setting up
Thanks, but that won't work at all. I need a Windows based solution.
Old 05-29-2024, 06:10 AM   #98
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Thanks, but that won't work at all. I need a Windows based solution.
This is important!
Quote:
It is recommended to install using a Docker container because the project depends on an external browser that is already included within the image.
Docker for Windows:
https://docs.docker.com/desktop/inst...ndows-install/

So actually it's not simpler to run on Linux than Windows. I don't use Docker for anything.

EDIT
Also on Flaresolverr git page, further down:
Quote:
This is the recommended way for Windows users.

Download the FlareSolverr executable from the release's page. It is available for Windows x64 and Linux x64.
Execute FlareSolverr binary. In the environment variables section you can find how to change the configuration.

Edit 2
This might be a bad idea anyway for metadata downloads
Quote:
NOTE: Web browsers consume a lot of memory. If you are running FlareSolverr on a machine with few RAM, do not make many requests at once. With each request a new browser is launched.

It is also possible to use a permanent session. However, if you use sessions, you should make sure to close them as soon as you are done using them.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-29-2024 at 06:21 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 06:33 AM   #99
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Yeah tbh I'm not a huge fan of this solution but I'm not sure there's much else that can a be done about it
Old 05-29-2024, 10:02 AM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yeah tbh I'm not a huge fan of this solution but I'm not sure there's much else that can a be done about it
I found a possible solution. Yu could try to incorporate Cloudscraper into the Kobo Metadata.

https://pypi.org/project/cloudscraper
Old 05-29-2024, 10:04 AM   #101
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

I tried it already and no luck
Old 05-29-2024, 10:21 AM   #102
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I tried it already and no luck
How about making it a Firefox plugin?
Old 05-30-2024, 08:26 AM   #103
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

I've played around with the api that the Kobo devices use to access the store and I think its a possibility. From what I can tell, it makes some kind of request to get a bearer token, and then that token can be used to start querying without cloudflare stopping us. Problem is that it requires a Kobo device (a unique device id is needed) and some user data to be dumped first from the .sqlite tables.

I'm not a massive fan of doing it this way either tbh.

Quote:
How about making it a Firefox plugin?
What do you mean by that?
Old 06-04-2024, 04:54 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I've played around with the api that the Kobo devices use to access the store and I think its a possibility. From what I can tell, it makes some kind of request to get a bearer token, and then that token can be used to start querying without cloudflare stopping us. Problem is that it requires a Kobo device (a unique device id is needed) and some user data to be dumped first from the .sqlite tables.

I'm not a massive fan of doing it this way either tbh.
We don't need a Kobo Reader to get past Cloudflare. I can do this with Firefox and Microsoft Edge. So is there a way to get the cookie from the browser to use with the plugin so the plugin can be modified to use it to allow us in?

Quote:
What do you mean by that?
Given that Firefox has no problem talking to kobo.com, a plugin to get the cover would work well. Yes we would have to type in the book title for the plugin to find the cover and yes we would have to copy the cover, but at least we'd not be blocked.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-04-2024 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 06:24 PM   #105
Synopis
Synopis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Weird. I'm getting 403's and actual results. For example, I can't find anything via kobo plugin for Werewolf Skin but I find something for Caves of Steel
Synopis is offline   Reply With Quote