Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 05:00 AM   #91
fiberbuster
fiberbuster began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus
Boyue Likebook Plus

Hello, everyone. I've recently got a new Likebook Plus. It doesn't come with any dictionaries installed. I've tried several times to install an English dictionary in it, but failed all the time. No manual is available from the company, and I just can't work out how. If anyone happens to know, would you be kind enough to help me? Thank you.
fiberbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:06 AM   #92
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberbuster View Post
Hello, everyone. I've recently got a new Likebook Plus. It doesn't come with any dictionaries installed. I've tried several times to install an English dictionary in it, but failed all the time. No manual is available from the company, and I just can't work out how. If anyone happens to know, would you be kind enough to help me? Thank you.
I am using Goldendict with stardict dictionaries and works great. But don't install the version from Google Play or it won't work inside of reading apps. Check this post
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2017, 06:14 AM   #93
fiberbuster
fiberbuster began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus
Boyue Likebook Plus

Thank you so much for your prompt help, Colibris79. I'll try as advised.
fiberbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #94
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Hello, does anyone with Boyue Likebook Plus, or C67ml know if there is any chance of videos online showing these devices playing YouTube videos, with the “screen refresh” disabled?

I want to use ereader almost like a tablet (as Paperlike, Max2 or Yotaphone2) but (in addition) I noticed in a video of Likebook scrolling in browser, it kept refreshing after he let go of touch. I hope this is possible to avoid with a different setting, using a2mode perhaps, or with another browser.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 12-21-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #95
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Hello, does anyone with Boyue Likebook Plus, or C67ml know if there is any chance of videos online showing these devices playing YouTube videos, with the “screen refresh” disabled?

I want to use ereader almost like a tablet (as Paperlike, Max2 or Yotaphone2) but I noticed in a video of Likebook scrolling in browser, it kept refreshing after he let go of touch. I hope this is possible to avoid with a different setting, using a2mode perhaps, or with another browser.

Check here.

For me, nope for both of devices.
Advert
Old 12-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #96
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post

Check here.

For me, nope for both of devices.
You said it impressed you, did you try videos with less movement?

On the Yotaphone2 Eink screen, artefacts from the previous frame created ghosting, which looked worse when the image changed drastically. So the image was more visible while the preceeding images were similar, and there were no visible flashes of screen or images (partial refresh?), rather, the images bled into one another. This looks best in a video where someone talks to the camera.

If this is the case with the Likebook, it might be usable for me.

I wonder why on the Likebook, internet and PDF do not scroll without incurring the flash on discontinuation of scrolling—despite the options visible in the online HD XL review to set A2 refresh setting and full screen refresh to never? Perhaps I do not understand the technology. Using the Eink screen on Yotaphone2, the screen appeared to never refresh, not in the internet browser, nor PDF (ebook droid), also, in these apps showing mainly text, the screen did not really seem to ghost.

(Unfortunately the Yotaphone is prone to hardware faults, and other options expensive.)

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 12-22-2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: I edit posts too much, grammar problems.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #97
sayonaroo
sayonaroo began at the beginning.

Device: likebook plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberbuster View Post
the only solution I've come up with is to download eReader Prestigio: Book Reader and colordict. you install these 2 apps then install an english dictionary on colordict (it sucks how the dictinoary takse you outta the book instead of just popping up like in the kindle paper white). the ereader works with adobe blahblah so you can borrow epub books from the library.

I've been reading manga on this using comic rack (I love how it saves the zoom) but i notice when it goes from a white page to a black page there's significant ghosting. would changing refresh settings mitigate this? or is there a way to manually refresh it (that hopefully isn't too taxing and strenuous).

Quote:
I am using Goldendict with stardict dictionaries and works great. But don't install the version from Google Play or it won't work inside of reading apps. Check this post

so that's for dictionary use while reading a book? what book reading program do you use?

Last edited by sayonaroo; 12-23-2017 at 10:40 PM.
sayonaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #98
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
Guys I have a kobo touch to read my books, but I'm willing to buy something to read comics. Do you guys think that this likebook could be a good idea? Or should I invest in a tablet?
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #99
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonaroo View Post

so that's for dictionary use while reading a book? what book reading program do you use?
Alreader and Moon Reader
Old 12-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #100
sayonaroo
sayonaroo began at the beginning.

Device: likebook plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Guys I have a kobo touch to read my books, but I'm willing to buy something to read comics. Do you guys think that this likebook could be a good idea? Or should I invest in a tablet?
don't comics come in color? although 7.8 inches is bigger than 6 inches i still think it's kinda small for manga (an actual manga is still bigger than the ereader screen). I would love a 9 or 10 inch at least but the onyx ones are so outta my price range. for me 6 inches is ridiculously too small, 7.8 is okay because the comic rack app saves the zoom I did so without the white margins the size is pretty good. also this ebook reader is pretty fast and responsive so the manga page turns are fast (I remember being bothered by the slowness of page turns in the kindle when i tried to see how manga is )
sayonaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #101
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
Quote:
don't comics come in color? although 7.8 inches is bigger than 6 inches i still think it's kinda small for manga (an actual manga is still bigger than the ereader screen). I would love a 9 or 10 inch at least but the onyx ones are so outta my price range. for me 6 inches is ridiculously too small, 7.8 is okay because the comic rack app saves the zoom I did so without the white margins the size is pretty good. also this ebook reader is pretty fast and responsive so the manga page turns are fast (I remember being bothered by the slowness of page turns in the kindle when i tried to see how manga is )
Yeah most of them are colored but I wouldn't mind reading in black and white. Tbh I enjoy the black and white color. But I think that buying an eReader only for that is quite expensive. I love to read books on my kobo touch, but like you said the screen is REALLY small. So I'm trying to find a tablet that is good and affordable haha.
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #102
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Quote:
Hi guys.
It also seems that installing Xposed could block the device.
I successfully installed xposed on my Boyue Likebook, so this statement does not appear to be correct.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #103
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
don't comics come in color?
In printed comic books usually only a few poster pages are in color. Some anniversary edition may be in full color throughout.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #104
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
I successfully installed xposed on my Boyue Likebook, so this statement does not appear to be correct.
Excellent. Thanks for your post. I had read in a Chinese forum that it could so I hadn't tried just in case. Which version did you install?
Old 01-04-2018, 01:44 AM   #105
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
Agree. What installing xposed does do is block OTA updates tho. Maybe thats what the person meant.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote