Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #91
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Hey you backlist hoarders and paper book replacers... have you read about Matchbook on Kindle yet? If you ever bought a paper book on Amazon you will (eventually, not sure how/when all eBooks will be available) be able to get the eBook for cheap-to-free.

I wondered when something like this would come out (Disney offered something like for VHS owners when DVD's came out), though I usually bought my books direct from stores. Ah well!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #92
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Hey you backlist hoarders and paper book replacers... have you read about Matchbook on Kindle yet? If you ever bought a paper book on Amazon you will (eventually, not sure how/when all eBooks will be available) be able to get the eBook for cheap-to-free.

I wondered when something like this would come out (Disney offered something like for VHS owners when DVD's came out), though I usually bought my books direct from stores. Ah well!
That is awesome, there are a ton of paper books I'd love to replace and quite a few I bought from Amazon! Should be interesting to see what is available in $1 or free category.

Here's the link to Amazon with some details.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #93
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post

Most of the books I still need in digital have not yet been released. Plus most of my books came from Borders. So unless B&N came out with something similar and decided to honor that (ha!) I'll just have to buy them if they are ever released.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #94
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Most of the books I still need in digital have not yet been released. Plus most of my books came from Borders. So unless B&N came out with something similar and decided to honor that (ha!) I'll just have to buy them if they are ever released.
I buy most of mine used as you can get a better price and most are Like New. So it really wont effect me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #95
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks to the generosity of kobo-palooza-code-angels, I have 3, 45% codes left. 1st come, 1st served, and I have errands to run this afternoon so please PM me ASAP. If I don't get back to you right away, then I will tonight.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #96
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just looked at my orders from 2003. And of the 4 books I bought at Amazon in print, I already own all 4 in digital (they were all Harlequins)

It has been very rare for me to buy books at Amazon except for used ones via Amazon sellers as I no longer have a used bookstore near me. Oh well.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #97
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just looked at my orders from 2003. And of the 4 books I bought at Amazon in print, I already own all 4 in digital (they were all Harlequins)

It has been very rare for me to buy books at Amazon except for used ones via Amazon sellers as I no longer have a used bookstore near me. Oh well.
I buy from Amazon Market Place, eBay and Albris. Some really good prices if you know what to look for.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #98
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
I've already replaced a large number but I took a spin through my old Amazon orders and counted 80-90 that I would gladly replace for $0.99. A large portion of the paper I have was bought used and another chunk from the grocery store, Target and Walmart at 25% off cover.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #99
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Amazon Market Place
That's what I meant. Couldn't think of the name.

I miss the used bookstore that I used to go to when I lived in Las Vegas. I got so many books from her. The store closed when the owner retired a few years before I moved. But I loved that store.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #100
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Before I got to excited about the MatchBook I started to wonder if this will only be available to American customers. Hmm. Time will show...

Edit: Turns out I used to buy most of my books from Amazon UK and that I have already bought the digital edition of a lot of the titles...

Last edited by GreyCat; 09-03-2013 at 02:22 PM.
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #101
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I have a question: I am tempted to give Jill Shalvis Lucky Harbor Series a try, but I am wondering how stand alone they are? The reason I am asking is because ARe has book one for 2.99 and book 6 for 1.99... And I am tempted to buy the 1.99 to see if I like the series.

And did I mention that at ARe the only reward eligble Hachette books are the ones from Hachette Digital. Which is 80 books. Hopefully the rest of the catalogue will become available soon... ( But it is bit mindboggling that one imprint is eligible and the others isn't)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #102
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I have a question: I am tempted to give Jill Shalvis Lucky Harbor Series a try, but I am wondering how stand alone they are? The reason I am asking is because ARe has book one for 2.99 and book 6 for 1.99... And I am tempted to buy the 1.99 to see if I like the series.

And did I mention that at ARe the only reward eligble Hachette books are the ones from Hachette Digital. Which is 80 books. Hopefully the rest of the catalogue will become available soon... ( But it is bit mindboggling that one imprint is eligible and the others isn't)
The first six books of the series is on sale @ Amazon for $1.99

Last edited by Blossom; 09-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #103
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The entire series is on sale @ Amazon for $1.99
Not in Sweden. Amazon refuse to sell them to me .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #104
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Be careful the $1.99 might be the novella (Beneath the Mistletoe) as that is its normal price. The first 6 books are on sale at B&N and Amazon price-matched, but I don't think ARe dropped the prices.

I have only read the first book (which I quite enjoyed). I know the first three books are about sisters, so they are more intertwined than the other books may be. The author said in an interview that It Had to Be You was set in Lucky Harbor but could be read without having read the others.

Quote:
I hope so too. I know they are only certain Simon & Schuster books which qualify (at least that was the case the last time I was browsing there).
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #105
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Not in Sweden. Amazon refuse to sell them to me .
Yeah You need a U.S. Account.