Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #91
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Noy all books are eligible for discounts. If a book is, the option appears in the same area as the gift-cards.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #92
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Many thanks, got it all working now & paypal still good too
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #93
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
That's definitely the way it is in the old layout - haven't yet seen the new one so far here in Germany; but what's new is that after I cancel a purchase, Kobo starts pestering me with emails telling me to have another look at the book. Rather annoying, I have to say.
They just send one per aborted purchase and I ignore that one (unless more codes are posted and I want a quick link back to the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just registered a new account with an old email address I rarely use instead. Bugs me that I can't just use my normal email address though! Stupid reading life and facebook integration when it's not wanted
I have my Facebook account linked to my Kobo account, but it still offers me the choice to login via Kobo or Facebook and I always choose Kobo.

Last edited by hwlester; 09-05-2013 at 10:12 AM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #94
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
About the issue of how to tell whether a book is PDF on the new site, I found these two versions of a book on the US site and checked the ISBNs on the old site, so I know the first one is Adobe DRM EPUB and the second is Adobe DRM PDF:

(EPUB) ISBN: 9781616961190, Read this on: Desktop, eReaders, Android, Tablets, IOS, Blackberry.

(PDF) ISBN: 9781616961183, Read this on: (no devices listed)

So it seems possible to tell PDF from the devices listed. This is just one example though, I don't know if it is consistent for all PDFs.

Last edited by GeoffR; 09-05-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: same book, two versions
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #95
SWCaffeinated
Enthusiast
SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.SWCaffeinated solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Way Too Many Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Many thanks, got it all working now & paypal still good too
I know I'm late, but I also had the same problem as you when I was using Chrome. Particularly with purchases. When I would log-on using Firefox (using the same ID, etc.), the problem went away.
SWCaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #96
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
The new bookstore is available on and off in France. So far, nothing new from other comments, but I like the ability to see only titles allowing coupons (I wasn't sure if it would be implemented in the French website), I miss the format of the ebook (epub ou PDF) and I dearly miss the choice to browse only free ebooks. Maybe it's somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
I've used the new website a little bit more, but I'm still viewing the old one from time to time.
1. I don't like the misaligned books, it looks messy.
2. When I add a free book to my library, a pop-up window says "Preview added to your library". It took me some time to realize that the "preview" was actually the whole book. Kind of misleading if you ask me
3. Lastly, I didn't find a way to browse only through free books whether on the website or the ereader. Of course, books can be sorted by price, but that's not the same and the previous ability to do that was very neat. I couldn't find a "classic" category or something along those lines. So now, I'm a little lost when I try to read classics from other countries.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #97
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Does anyone know why some books don't have the Adobe DRM epub option? I just purchased a book and it doesn't have an Adobe DRM epub download. It is new so that might be the reason.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #98
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
Does anyone know why some books don't have the Adobe DRM epub option? I just purchased a book and it doesn't have an Adobe DRM epub download. It is new so that might be the reason.
When I asked customer service about this they said it sometimes takes longer for the publisher to provide the Adobe DRM version and it was out of Kobo's hands. For my book, the Adobe version was available about 10 days after the kepub version.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #99
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
When I asked customer service about this they said it sometimes takes longer for the publisher to provide the Adobe DRM version and it was out of Kobo's hands. For my book, the Adobe version was available about 10 days after the kepub version.
Thanks for the info. I've asked for a refund and if they comply (they probably won't) I can get it from Amazon.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #100
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCaffeinated View Post
I know I'm late, but I also had the same problem as you when I was using Chrome. Particularly with purchases. When I would log-on using Firefox (using the same ID, etc.), the problem went away.
That's strange. I did also try it using IE, and still had the same problem. I don't have Firefox installed so can't try it. It's a little bit frustrating that it keeps trying to link the log in to facebook but I guess its really just a minor inconvenience having to use another email address. I was tempted to try and change the email address once logged in, but then I'd be worried I'd get stuck at the same log in circle again
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #101
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Speaking of Kobo bookstore: I just noticed that there are now magazines available. Just scroll down a bit and you'll run right into 'em.

Hmmm. Looks like it isn't ready for primetime because there's almost nothing to choose from.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #102
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Looks like New Zealand is getting the new style site now too

Can anyone still get the old site anywhere?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #103
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Still getting the old site here (in Australia).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #104
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Never seen the new site yet here in Germany.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #105
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Looks like New Zealand is getting the new style site now too

Can anyone still get the old site anywhere?
I still get the old site here in Canada when I use IE8.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo books, rdlecoeur