Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #91
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Thanks! It does help a lot.

As far as the FB app goes, I think it might be an Android thing. We haven't had the best of luck with dedicated Facebook apps in the past, and FB has recognized it and is trying to address it, but it still has a long way to go.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #92
joey301
joey301 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
got mine last night

I like mine so far. I have some pdf files I want to put on it this morning. I wanted to share an account but not a credit card, so we put a second credit card on the same account. That works pretty well. I wish we could just lend books as long as we want. If there is just one copy, we should be able to do that.

The setup was flawless. I did have to read the instructions to find out how to set a book mark. I also wish there was a back button. Sometimes, you get to a screen and there is no way out other than to go home and start over.

This one has a password protect when you turn it on, the B&W does not have that yet.

Joey
joey301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #93
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Picked mine up last night, so far so good the UI is really impressive, Cnet was spot on calling it elegant.

was impressed in the quickness web pages loaded up, albeit I have a strong wi fi connection. but it loaded pretty darn fast.

read on the way in this moring using the "Gray" background. I found very little eye fatigue. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought.

Will play all weekend and give it my full assesment. But so far this is really really cool.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #94
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

by the way was anyone else really impressed with the packaging? It's like you don't want to throw out the box. LOL
Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #95
AnnaKuz
AnnaKuz began at the beginning.

Device: Nookcolor
Nookcolor

I think my friend and I were the first ones in our city to get them! And so far, we both LOVE them. I am sure there are some functionality that is better on other eReaders, but what you get for the money, this one is a keeper! Believe me I have looked at them "all".
Anna
AnnaKuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #96
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Mine is currently on the UPS truck, touring the area.

*fingers twitching...must not hunt UPS truck....twitch twitch*
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #97
joey301
joey301 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey301 View Post
I have some pdf files I want to put on it this morning.

Joey
I got the pdf files on. It is a breeze. I wish I could book mark the pdf files..think they can ever program that ability into the current Nook?

Joey
joey301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #98
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Checked Best Buy online. Store 45 minutes away has one! Called and reserved. Heading over there now. Woot! Woot!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #99
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Checked Best Buy online. Store 45 minutes away has one! Called and reserved. Heading over there now. Woot! Woot!
Now no speeding tickets
Old 11-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #100
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I have the NC in my hands (Finally, even though it is not mine, *sob*). The screen is OMG gorgeous. I tried out the Galaxy Tab in Best Buy and in my opinion, the NC is even better. The design is sleek, elegant and certainly a head turner. 7” is really a good form factor for reading and portability. Even though it weighs nearly 1 pound, holding it in one hand doesn’t seem to be a problem. Overall, UI seems to be very smooth. Response is quick; touch screen is spot on, pinch and zoom is a little finicky. I love how vibrant the magazine looks; the article view is a great plus. There is some glare and is a fingerprint magnet. Reading on black and white is as pleasant as my old nook. I don’t have a chance to try out WiFi or the web browser.

This is my co-worker’s nook that she picked up from the store; mine is somewhere in transit or it is lost by USPS. My friend is an avid reader and an early adopter of the Classic Nook. I’ve never seen her without her Classic Nook but today she has left it behind, giving way to the new favorite, the Nook Color.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #101
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
UPS finally came at 7pm - been playing with it for a little while - like it so Far! Getting used to the quirks.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #102
Ghiizhar
Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I originally ordered and NC on Nov 5th, had a flash of doubt, cancelled on Nov6.

Did a little more research, and decided I had to get one, and reordered on Nov 7th.

Received it yesterday, and must say I have NO REGRETS. Screen is beautiful, web surfing is more than acceptable. Love reading magazines on it.

Granddaughter read the two sample books and had a "hoot" with it. She wants one for Christmas - so the cost of my NC may have just doubled

Last edited by Ghiizhar; 11-19-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Ghiizhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #103
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiizhar View Post
I originally ordered and NC on Dec 5th, had a flash of doubt, cancelled on Nov6.
I want to borrow your time machine.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #104
Ghiizhar
Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
I want to borrow your time machine.
D'oh!
Ghiizhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #105
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I went and tried the demo on one today again and decided to cave in and buy one. They were sold out until December, but Best Buy still had a few so I bought one and then grabbed the author cover at B&N for it.

So far I am fairly happy with it. It has a few specs of dust stuck under the gorilla glass which is a minor annoyance. I don't like that the daily section is now gone. I liked checking that on the old nook and also there are no coupons on the nook color. I still need to figure out setting up my sideloaded books. I figure I will create bookshelves for them, but I next have to figure out how to get the covers to show up.

As far as the reader goes though I'm finding it a very nice reading experience. Page turns are smooth and the font looks great. Also like that we got a couple of free kids books to try out that feature.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote