Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
It occurs to me that I might just have one of the most tricked-out non-alien-OS kindles in the world. Next up... prBoom

Ah cmon - you've gotta try ay?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #92
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The runtime Ruby errors are not related to the compiler that was used.

But I am sure Twobob has a plan in mind, so there is the closest compiler, already "in stock".
You were utterly, completely right and also wrong.
Never assume I have a plan ; )

[root@kindle lib]# ruby --version
ruby 1.9.2p320 (2012-04-20 revision 35421) [arm-linux-eabi]

Oooh ruby works. That was lucky! ; )

Last edited by twobob; 08-18-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: poking some fun with knc1 ; )
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #93
twobob

getting prboom to work.

Step one. Get a screen

http://sdl.beuc.net/sdl.wiki/FAQ_Lin...ebuffer_device

EDIT: SDL just is refusing to play nice with AALIB. I'll try a handbuilt one as GM has kindle provided where he put the eips flip in his last go-round.

TBC...

Last edited by twobob; 08-20-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #94
twobob

Okay that's enough low hanging fruit posts. If someone has something serious to offer on where I should go next wade in.

In the interim I will be trying to implement Knc1's ideas for making the TC natively. Much reading to do I fear ; ) well this is an ereader site I suppose : D

EDIT Reading: http://fun-tech.se/stm32/gcc/index.php

Thanks for listening to me talk to you with your new fangled internal voices.
Work of the devil no doubt. Pfft, they'll be developing space-craft next.

EDIT: And tiny books that can calculate moonshot while narrating Beowulf.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../BLBeowulf.jpg

Where's my tea?

Last edited by twobob; 08-18-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: added what I'm reading
Old 08-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #95
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Here is one, well, one pair, of programs to add to the collection:
http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff/

Should be easy to add-in (and push upstream) to Buildroot.
The general use would be to build bsdiff for the host and bspatch for the target but the makefile isn't organized that way.
So just build the pair for both host and target with two calls to GENTARGETS ( ... )

If you haven't added a package file to Buildroot before, for this one just copy one of the simplest ones you can find - text edit the various names.
The GENTARGETS macro will write the actual makefile glue between Buildroot and the package's makefile.

This package depends on one external package, libbz2 but I suspect that package is already defined in Buildroot.

Upstream **might** want a patch included to change that CFLAGS line (which would over-ride the optimization level selected in Buildroot and also contains a LDFLAGS item.

- - - -

Oh, as I am sure you have learned by now - you can build any individual package in Buildroot with the correct "make ... ... ..." Voodo command.
I'm thinking about aalib support. several of the packages in BR would support it (links, SDL, others) so it has value and unless their is some special license requirement I think it's a good fit. Tiny. easy to figure.

Thoughts on that?
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #96
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'm thinking about aalib support. several of the packages in BR would support it (links, SDL, others) so it has value and unless their is some special license requirement I think it's a good fit. Tiny. easy to figure.

Thoughts on that?
I don't recognize that one.

The BR project folks do want to get the build of QT and WebKit fixed before the final release of 2012.08 version.

Of course, I know the only things you wanted out of the entire build was QT and WebKit.
Guess that is just the way the bits crumble.

But the experience will probably come in handy anyway.

Maybe one of the readers here will think of something to do with these things now known to work on the K3.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #97
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I just updated the patch to include the fix previously documented in my X-TC scripts to avoid a nameclash when building headers (so you can use the lab126 kernels as the kernel headers source for your TC build).
I'm thinking a super patch incorporating all the kernel patches. and prefix hacks we need all in one thing.

Make sense? or better plan? Thanks
Old 08-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #98
twobob

in other news aalib refuse to play with sdl in early reports.

meh prboom will have to wait.

EDIT: It might help if I put an ARM binary on the device.. DUH.

Last edited by twobob; 08-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #99
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: What other patches would that be?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #100
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
A long time ago, before the K4 was out, I had mplayer with aalib (in optware) running in a myts terminal. I also had SDL (with some demos I wrote) running on the K3 and DX (with no sound). I did not get sound working in SDL. I added an "eips" call in the page flipping function for eink updates. I did not have problems with resolution or bit depth as I recall.

I was hoping to get SDL sound working "some day". My SDL build and apps look for the SDL libs in /mnt/us/SDL without needing to define any lib paths (built into the programs during the compile).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #101
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
A long time ago, before the K4 was out, I had mplayer with aalib (in optware) running in a myts terminal. I also had SDL (with some demos I wrote) running on the K3 and DX (with no sound). I did not get sound working in SDL. I added an "eips" call in the page flipping function for eink updates. I did not have problems with resolution or bit depth as I recall.

I was hoping to get SDL sound working "some day". My SDL build and apps look for the SDL libs in /mnt/us/SDL without needing to define any lib paths (built into the programs during the compile).
Oooooky, That clearly sounds awesome. *Does large kitten eyes *

The sound stuff is secondary. pretty confident I could get that going.
If I get another moment I'll have a fiddle.

Lot's to pile through today
Old 08-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #102
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Spoiler:
Code:
user@mint745 /mnt/shared/kindle/src/Kindle_src_3.3_611680021 $ find|grep patch
./gplrelease/alsa-lib-1.0.13_patch
./gplrelease/alsa-lib-1.0.13_patch/alsa
./gplrelease/alsa-lib-1.0.13_patch/alsa/alsa-lib
./gplrelease/alsa-lib-1.0.13_patch/alsa/alsa-lib/fix-tstamp-declaration.patch
./gplrelease/uboot-1.3.0-rc3/board/BAK/cray/L1/patchme
./gplrelease/uboot-1.3.0-rc3/cpu/mpc8xx/upatch.c
./gplrelease/uboot-1.3.0-rc3/cpu/ixp/npe/IxQMgrDispatcher.c
./gplrelease/uboot-1.3.0-rc3/cpu/ixp/npe/include/IxQMgrDispatcher_p.h
./gplrelease/mtd-utils-1.0.0/mtd-utils-1.0.0/.git/hooks/pre-applypatch
./gplrelease/mtd-utils-1.0.0/mtd-utils-1.0.0/.git/hooks/applypatch-msg
./gplrelease/syslog-ng-1.6.11/debian/patches
./gplrelease/syslog-ng-1.6.11/debian/patches/CVS
./gplrelease/syslog-ng-1.6.11/debian/patches/CVS/Tag
./gplrelease/syslog-ng-1.6.11/debian/patches/CVS/Repository
./gplrelease/syslog-ng-1.6.11/debian/patches/CVS/Entries
./gplrelease/syslog-ng-1.6.11/debian/patches/CVS/Root
./gplrelease/e2fsprogs-1.38_patch
./gplrelease/e2fsprogs-1.38_patch/e2fsprogs
./gplrelease/e2fsprogs-1.38_patch/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.38
./gplrelease/e2fsprogs-1.38_patch/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.38/no-hardlinks.patch
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch/procps
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch/procps/procps-3.2.7
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch/procps/procps-3.2.7/install.patch
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch/procps/procps-3.2.7/procmodule.patch
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch/procps/procps-3.2.7/psmodule.patch
./gplrelease/procps-3.2.7_patch/procps/procps-3.2.7/pagesz-not-constant.patch
./gplrelease/gst-plugins-base-0.10.17/common/gettext.patch
./gplrelease/glib-2.22.2/glib/libcharset/make-patch.sh
./gplrelease/glib-2.22.2/glib/libcharset/libcharset-glib.patch
./gplrelease/glib-2.22.2/glib/update-pcre/digitab.patch
./gplrelease/glib-2.22.2/glib/update-pcre/memory.patch
./gplrelease/webkit-1.1.7/WebKitTools/Scripts/svn-create-patch
./gplrelease/alsa-utils-1.0.13_patch
./gplrelease/alsa-utils-1.0.13_patch/alsa
./gplrelease/alsa-utils-1.0.13_patch/alsa/files
./gplrelease/alsa-utils-1.0.13_patch/alsa/files/alsa-utils-sys-siglist.patch
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/ifupdown_0.6.7ubuntu7.patch
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050405164921-48b0a-31ba4f33e19477ff10a68ddb24c6bbd7aad63d0d.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404011259-48b0a-db60e8597853894dc22ff0226ecf8ea7dfb2bd0f.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404030039-48b0a-993cd391cfa3d828a35b52da39abed02d69d4d50.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404030334-48b0a-49ae19612c6b7d8211c6b89239397064c53f7cdf.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403161538-48b0a-75ab76ed9925211a1b83efde1cc4a213f429a7be.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403150334-48b0a-1bec190d7c5130a0de8b79579a1e664bdfe6303f.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325174926-48b0a-935743f08e999b2ddb6041e3fbd29ec1298555d8.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404111950-48b0a-360b54b858475ae4e78e2ef4c6e0d84b2dd6a56c.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050326151125-48b0a-c2ed89301d3a7a42fed7174513023f9067a1a347.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403155657-48b0a-a78731fa7b94026a1bce3d86ec14703e4595ad21.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325173537-48b0a-404f6e17843f4e0292bf258e5542e9802a159b14.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050322185711-48b0a-265b47864d2d5eb1b5e40dcae77f4234e83e1e09.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/unrevert
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403164423-48b0a-f4c3920fcf3caefba1297b1ade7338990f1c859f.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050416142311-48b0a-2cc01e8f4873f2281ecea741c173d52e64b2f6ba.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403071601-48b0a-277064f82b402d73dd3e9f4dc18edec161e592f8.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403161634-48b0a-9010b91cdccf9ad2cffd13e848384692469232bd.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404030209-48b0a-3d326cb89210df162b267bc2120ca20066deb39e.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050322190943-48b0a-e970d73397730c0825bb9d37e0ac15607857ce11.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050322191425-48b0a-338ca9e6e811ee13e25fcac84c499fa6ee5b81f6.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403161611-48b0a-5dc34a325877de7548d9f4636b75e75d71f8344c.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325173048-48b0a-f17b1c4e81302f32ea5341c165c72335487c4e0d.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050502135743-bb3ee-eec9c722232316e0040f3ee2baa9df3f4ecd1514.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/pending
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325172759-48b0a-b001b9856880f508cee8ff667615da2c16df3158.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050423030949-48b0a-07da52fd9e90c570754aff473397bbad371dd748.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403161110-48b0a-710fb33717b518175348f16756bc6248934ae15a.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325174738-48b0a-508807aae413654455d5d3c00c7717af85ee4c17.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403130722-48b0a-cc5a3bf9eb540a9ba9e130626912237e96a9609d.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403154821-48b0a-c05c4823816cc11771bd66a8eef9baa14ff29e1e.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403170911-48b0a-1b052d27df2f8d7764bd5aa71c832aa5f73aa122.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050405173454-48b0a-7dd75d1a00e8a35a038628a6fceae4eca9e31fd3.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050405164951-48b0a-c06ed2064f300df62ea7b8b18994d3a314e3b6b3.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403150343-48b0a-02e148db83abd6cd9f9e6ec53a2a1916a38a61cb.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403170919-48b0a-40bc9c8afdf3b2ec6cfb9cc84222991be5495c23.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404111917-48b0a-3666132d54f974fa92dd5402d4570d505724c04e.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050322184259-48b0a-3d7d00a0c38d726902f24ae37090ed7af95dc35b.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403150657-48b0a-15ca5d98146a5b255dd993de9e8ccb07ce586b20.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403161830-48b0a-4cbfbff1753740cb4e4e72b6309621f170caeaae.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050404153209-48b0a-169d4444f3c27466a8d7a3d56ddb15f41d1bb5f1.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050405164755-48b0a-e33319257ad5608206f0abf53c6adf7eb9a3764b.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403164804-48b0a-e909e1e9ed995134a316a22ebc1ffa8d5b3f633a.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050405164913-48b0a-6cb47dfd47e9259a9c588c9a61fc8cf4086d61cd.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403133706-48b0a-ac0145fc85e019fecf12356618aa3ecc6aef73ff.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050405173752-48b0a-3437c72ae180a5c8357dca7a79f16976dd904b10.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403150728-48b0a-ad57c1b54ea04699dd8454be692cf0ac25c599de.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325174749-48b0a-61da41cded8e77e4347a964ee2111d9b21a2ceea.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050325172831-48b0a-6d40f49e987c5c8dbf4ad2f0f6285d84fb51e3fb.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403150711-48b0a-b7a219596d7793c014e937d477b07e8cf5cf9033.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403160952-48b0a-858bcd92fe2ecda0dff3f0f2d6f4bb88791dd336.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050322185930-48b0a-899f2c66d03fccd88c81a91a27ad918e83df8241.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050326151130-48b0a-e655ac6f135e14c6f088be1a687c07774c58e96d.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403142603-48b0a-ea9f259b5bc7061a3cfcb23e791d27dcaffbb898.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050331140306-48b0a-192b390dc5d22de8e61d5e3c21370d44bca6726e.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403160939-48b0a-69fa8a1fcabd5f848efb68b6efb17d88ea9846e2.gz
./gplrelease/ifupdown_0.6.8/ifupdown-0.6.8/_darcs/patches/20050403164757-48b0a-8ad09d3f62ee0d157e4648a67ef16f680abe8933.gz
./gplrelease/sysvinit-2.86/contrib/zefram-patches
./gplrelease/gstreamer-0.10.17/common/gettext.patch
./gplrelease/gst-plugins-good-0.10.6/common/gettext.patch
./gplrelease/e2fsprogs-1.38/e2fsck/pass1b.c.patch
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbinputdevice_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbdatabuffer_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/Makefile.am
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfb_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbimageprovider_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbwindow_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbscreen_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbinputdevice_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbdisplaylayer_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbimageprovider_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbeventbuffer_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfb_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbwindow_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbfont_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbscreen_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbdatabuffer_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbeventbuffer_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbsurface_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbfont_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbpalette_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbpalette_dispatcher.c
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbsurface_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/proxy/dispatcher/idirectfbdisplaylayer_dispatcher.h
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/gfxdrivers/davinci/patches
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/gfxdrivers/davinci/patches/ti-davinci-2.6.10-mvl401-fbio_set_start.patch
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/matroxfb-full-memory-linux-2.4.21-rc2.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/Makefile.am
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/vmwarefb-0.7.0-linux-2.4.22.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/davincifb-triple-osd0-2.6.10.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/README.matroxfb-vsync-irq-patch
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/savagefb-0.3.2-linux-2.4.26.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/matroxfb-vsync-irq-2.4.20.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/README.fusion
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/README.savagefb
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/README.davincifb
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/savagefb-0.4.0-linux-2.4.19.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/matroxfb-g400-clock-2.4.22.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/matroxfb-vsync-irq-2.4.21-pre6.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/DirectFB-1.2.0/patches/savagefb-0.4.0-linux-2.4.21-rc2.patch.bz2
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/ppc/8xx_io/micropatch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/sparc64/lib/NG2patch.S
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/sparc64/lib/NGpatch.S
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/sparc64/lib/U3patch.S
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/sparc64/lib/GENpatch.S
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/x86/kernel/paravirt_patch_64.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/x86/kernel/paravirt_patch_32.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/parisc/math-emu/fpudispatch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/powerpc/sysdev/micropatch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/arch/ia64/kernel/patch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/Documentation/applying-patches.txt
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/media/video/cpia2/cpia2patch.h
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/budget-patch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsobject.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsutils.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsinit.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dswload.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/Makefile
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsmthdat.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dswstate.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dswexec.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dswscope.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsfield.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsmethod.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/drivers/acpi/dispatcher/dsopcode.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/net/wanrouter/patchlevel
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/scripts/patch-kernel
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/scripts/cleanpatch
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/scripts/checkpatch.pl
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/ac97/ac97_patch.h
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/ac97/ac97_patch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/emu10k1/emu10k1_patch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_atihdmi.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_conexant.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_si3054.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_via.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/hda_patch.h
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_analog.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/pci/hda/patch_cmedia.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/sound/isa/sb/emu8000_patch.c
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/include/linux/patchkey.h
./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/include/asm-ia64/patch.h
./gplrelease/gst-plugins-base-0.10.6/common/gettext.patch
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch/module-init-tools
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch/module-init-tools/files
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch/module-init-tools/files/manpagesopt
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch/module-init-tools/files/no_man_rebuild
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch/module-init-tools/files/modutils_extension
./gplrelease/module-init-tools-3.2.2_patch/module-init-tools/files/ignore_arch_directory
./gplrelease/busybox-1.7.2/editors/patch.c
Code:
user@mint745 /mnt/shared/kindle/src/Kindle_src_3.3_611680021 $ ls ./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/scripts/
basic                   cleanpatch                         Kbuild.include        Makefile.modinst  patch-kernel
bin2c.c                 conmakehash.c                      kconfig               Makefile.modpost  pnmtologo.c
binoffset.c             decodecode                         kernel-doc            makelst           profile2linkerlist.pl
bloat-o-meter           export_report.pl                   ksymoops              mkcompile_h       recordmcount.pl
checkincludes.pl        extract-ikconfig                   Lindent               mkmakefile        rt-tester
checkkconfigsymbols.sh  gcc-version.sh                     Makefile              mksysmap          setlocalversion
checkpatch.pl           gcc-x86_64-has-stack-protector.sh  Makefile.build        mkuboot.sh        show_delta
checkstack.pl           gen_initramfs_list.sh              Makefile.clean        mkversion         testlpp.c
checksyscalls.sh        genksyms                           Makefile.headersinst  mod               unifdef.c
checkversion.pl         hdrcheck.sh                        Makefile.host         namespace.pl      ver_linux
cleanfile               kallsyms.c                         Makefile.lib          package
user@mint745 /mnt/shared/kindle/src/Kindle_src_3.3_611680021 $
Look at the contents of the "patch" scripts, such as ./gplrelease/linux-2.6.26-lab126/linux-2.6.26/scripts/checkpatch.pl
Quote:
NiLuJe @twobob: What other patches would that be?
Well. I checked and the BR patch gets applied BEFORE the configure even exists. so a) It may be better to patch the blah35luigi_defconfig - since that exists at that time - or better yet simply create a duplicate via patch and refer to that like

USE DEFCONFIG: patched_luigi_defconfig.

This should allow the changes to be then propagated by BR correctly to the Kernel in the configure via defconfig stage - which is the next thing it does after applying the patch.

and b) GM advises me that there are some patches (above) that I should have applied to the source before building. I'll go read through them today - it was late (well,...early) when I posted that.

Never mind. Having read through those links. the 'patches' AFAICS are actually two perl scripts for APPLYING patches. the others are for the various apps, which I won't be supporting.

Guess I was just letting you know that I may be amending that patch (god help us) to include some more stuff. work automatically. as currently it is executed two folders away from it's target AFAICT and is targeting a file that does not exist at the time of patching.

Thanks mate.

Last edited by twobob; 08-19-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #103
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The patch doesn't touch the config/defconfig right now, but you could certainly do so, although I'm not familiar with buildroot's kernel build procedure, so I'm not sure what's the best way to achieve that...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #104
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The amazon GPL code already has the patches applied. The comments in with the scripts say they are for applying patches to any GPL code that you replace with original unpatched code.

My comments in a previous post were that you may want to apply some of those patches (or modified versions of those patches) to any new code, if it replaces patched amazon code. My point was that it was worth studying to see if it was useful for this project.

@twobob: Now that you have studied the amazon patches, are they not relevant to what you are doing in this thread?

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-19-2012 at 10:35 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #105
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The patch doesn't touch the config/defconfig right now, but you could certainly do so, although I'm not familiar with buildroot's kernel build procedure, so I'm not sure what's the best way to achieve that...
For kernel building, Buildroot tries to be everything to everybody.
But it is easy to get lost in the details.

The most practical way(s):
Build the kernel outside of Buildroot, set Buildroot to use the "external custom kernel" (or words to that effect).

That is how most of the developers claim that they use it in their "day job". Many of the lead developers are using Buildroot in their "day job" to produce embedded systems under contract.

The next most practical way(s):
Open the kernel archive, apply all patches and changes desired, create a new "local" kernel archive.
Then tell Buildroot to use that local archive file.

The situation is similar to that of the cross-tool-chain - -

Buildroot **will** build that, but in commercial production use, that is rarely the common practice.
Same, same with the Linux kernel. In commercial production use, the kernel is built (as a separate build project) outside of the Buildroot system.

The reason for both are the same - once built and working as intended, it is very rare to change either of them during a product's lifetime.
(And it saves a tremendous amount of Q.A. testing to not have to repeat that for the tool chain and kernel.
Note: Running the target binary "tests" (make check) is not currently supported by Buildroot.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buildroot, compile, howto, kernal, kindle 3.3