Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-14-2024, 08:43 PM   #91
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Just discovered this plugin, it's great! Thanks so much for all your work on creating it.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:45 PM   #92
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Hopefully, this is a quick question.

If I use this plugin to return a loan, does the ebook get removed from my Calibre library?

This is assuming I used the plugin to download the ebook to my Calibre.

Thanks,
Amalthia
Advert
Old 02-14-2024, 11:10 PM   #93
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post

If I use this plugin to return a loan, does the ebook get removed from my Calibre library?

Thanks,
Amalthia
No, the book won't be removed from your Calibre.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:47 AM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Thanks,
Amalthia
Ummm... since the book is a library loan, you should not be keeping it after the loan period has expired.

Just my opinion but stripping DRM from purchased books is fine since they are mine but stripping DRM and keeping loans whether from Kobo Plus, Kindle Unlimited, library loans, etc. is not acceptable behaviour since I do not own them.

Other people may disagree but I would suggest not posting about doing so. I agreed with Apprentice Alf wrote quite a few years back.

Quote:
I can’t get the tools to work on my rented or library ebooks.

Support for removing DRM from rented or library ebooks is not provided.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 05:39 AM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing-imperial View Post
I suggest you PM @modified as he's not posted since October 2023.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2024, 04:11 PM   #96
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Ummm... since the book is a library loan, you should not be keeping it after the loan period has expired.

Just my opinion but stripping DRM from purchased books is fine since they are mine but stripping DRM and keeping loans whether from Kobo Plus, Kindle Unlimited, library loans, etc. is not acceptable behaviour since I do not own them.

Other people may disagree but I would suggest not posting about doing so. I agreed with Apprentice Alf wrote quite a few years back.
I'm only using Libby to support the authors, otherwise I'd be using IRC.

Also, as a librarian I know how much libraries are paying for the "privilege" of loaning out ebooks, it's a crime how much they are charging and for how few checkouts are allowed before the ebooks are removed.

p.s. I like to know how the plugins I'm installing work and what to expect. It's not unreasonable to ask if the ebooks downloaded would be removed by the plugin after a certain point. It can be very confusing thinking you had something in your calibre and then not finding it. Plus, if the plugin did remove the ebooks downloaded then I would invest far less time in updating the metadata before adding the ebook to my device.

Last edited by Amalthia; 02-19-2024 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2024, 01:57 AM   #97
mikeage
mikeage began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Automatically downloading new magazines

I recently discovered this plugin, and it's absolutely amazing :-)

Is there any way I can automate downloading new magazines (i.e., new issues) when they're released? I'm trying to get my workflow as hands-off as possible, and it would be great if there was a way to automatically fetch a new issue when it's ready.
mikeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:45 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm only using Libby to support the authors, otherwise I'd be using IRC.

Also, as a librarian I know how much libraries are paying for the "privilege" of loaning out ebooks, it's a crime how much they are charging and for how few checkouts are allowed before the ebooks are removed.

p.s. I like to know how the plugins I'm installing work and what to expect. It's not unreasonable to ask if the ebooks downloaded would be removed by the plugin after a certain point. It can be very confusing thinking you had something in your calibre and then not finding it. Plus, if the plugin did remove the ebooks downloaded then I would invest far less time in updating the metadata before adding the ebook to my device.
Why not create another calibre library just for library eBooks?
Old 02-24-2024, 01:49 AM   #99
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not create another calibre library just for library eBooks?
Too much effort to switch back and forth.

I put all my fan fiction and ebooks purchased, IRC'd and borrowed from library in one library.

I have a custom column for the source of the published ebook, like TOR, Baen, Amazon, Kobo, ADL (Library), IRC, and etc...My goal is to eventually replace all the IRC novels with copies from legit sources.

It's not an unrealistic goal many author's have promotions or they have sales during holidays.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:50 AM   #100
Amalthia
Wizard

Plugin question:

Does anyone know if it's on the road map to add the library's "wish list" to the plugin?
Old 02-26-2024, 11:44 PM   #101
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeage View Post
I recently discovered this plugin, and it's absolutely amazing :-)

Is there any way I can automate downloading new magazines (i.e., new issues) when they're released? I'm trying to get my workflow as hands-off as possible, and it would be great if there was a way to automatically fetch a new issue when it's ready.
If it isn't OD/Libby's original feature then it'd not be available here.

Quote:
Plugin question:

Does anyone know if it's on the road map to add the library's "wish list" to the plugin?
No. Developer also has stopped checking in both here & in Github.
Read https://github.com/ping/libby-calibre-plugin/issues/12 for further info about wishlist.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:43 AM   #102
mikeage
mikeage began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_p1nky View Post
If it isn't OD/Libby's original feature then it'd not be available here.
Yeah, I see it's not in the plugin. Wondering more if there's a calibre way to automate something like this; a cron job to trigger the plugin API, except that I'm not familiar with either cron->calibre integration or calibre -> plugin API possibilities :-)
mikeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:22 AM   #103
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeage View Post
Yeah, I see it's not in the plugin. Wondering more if there's a calibre way to automate something like this; a cron job to trigger the plugin API, except that I'm not familiar with either cron->calibre integration or calibre -> plugin API possibilities :-)
Previously developer has stated he's not interested in adding more functionalities and planned to stop at one point. And true to his words, he hasn't come back til now even when I notified him of an issue. Hopefully he'll check back soon but for the time being, I think this is it.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:43 PM   #104
KindleAZWorKFX
Connoisseur
KindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and Samsung 10.1 tablet
Exclamation

So, under Advanced Search under Query, I searched for Racehorse, which are publisher brand eBooks in a library it crashed with the message below, some calibre plugins are listed in error,

ERROR: Unhandled exception

ValueError:time data '2-19-12-03T00:00:00'*does not match known formats ('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%z', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%f%z', '%m/%d/%Y')

Quote:
calibre 7.6 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins:
Spoiler:
DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 8, 1) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 8, 1) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 2) && Epub Metaguider GUI (intellireading.com) (1, 0, 1) && Epub Metaguider output format (intellireading.com) (1, 0, 1) && Epub Metaguider post processor (intellireading.com) (1, 0, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 8, 1) && From KFX (2, 8, 1) && KFX Input (2, 8, 1) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 6, 1) && KFX Output (2, 6, 1) && KePub Input (3, 6, 6) && KePub Output (3, 6, 6) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Metadata (1, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Skoob Books (1, 5, 5) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.models", line 1077, in data
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 337, in parse_datetime
ValueError: time data '2019-12-03T00:00:00' does not match known formats ('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%z', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%f%z', '%m/%d/%Y')
it does not crash if you put Racehorse in the Query and specify the Author name, not sure what triggers this error, if the search does bring up too many titles maybe my guess, if you try just the publisher without a title or author input, I wanted to report this error here, in case there is a bug in your plugin that needs fixing. this type of error is only closeable if you use alt control delete keys and end task on Calibre itself. otherwise, it just keeps prompting the error after you hit Ok box. it's that type of error, that you have to end task on calibre in windows 11. I hide the third party plugins since I don't think they have anything to do with your crashing bug in this plugin, otherwise you can click on them to see the plugins I have currently installed in calibre, I don't think they help get this bug fixed, for whatever reason they are displayed in more details, but since Successfully initialized third party plugins were successfully loaded into calibre, I don't think their related to the crash which is why I put them behind a spoiler in this feedback report I did here.

So the Overdrive Libby v0.1.9 is able to be closed if you can go from Avanced Search to Loans, I was able to close it then , you have to get the app there before it brings up that bug, I did a second search in Query without using the other boxes and I was able to close it without having to use end task from task manager in windows 11. another short search topic did cause the same problem, so it's not the one word that will cause this. ok it only seems to work sometimes to switch from search box to loan box, sometimes it doesn't allow you too click on it, like that error box keeps coming up since I just hit that bug again tonight.

Last edited by KindleAZWorKFX; 03-02-2024 at 03:08 AM. Reason: about searching a book with publish, if author is provided it does not crash, sometimes works without end task on bug problem
KindleAZWorKFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:30 AM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I suggest sending a PM to the OP so he gets an email and may respond.