Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #91
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
HALLELUJA !!!!!!

my best client just called me for our annual project. i was not counting on working for him this year because last year he told me there was a good chance he would not be running the project, and his replacement might not be in paris. it turns out that he is still running the project though so we'll be working together again. they are the only client i have who never complains about the price, pays me the correct tarif, and if the project goes longer than planned (it almost always does) they pay me the extra days i work. plus, we've been working together for 4 years already and we make a good team, and he's a very good person to work with, very organised, and although the project itself stresses him out quite a lot (deadlines and such) he is very nice with me, doesn't care what time i start in the morning because he knows i'll get the work done even if i have to stay late in the evening, doesn't look over my shoulder, and is a friendly guy.

given how slow business has been lately this is the best news i have had in months !!!! wow, suddenly i feel SO MUCH BETTER !!!!!!!!

i won't be starting the project until the end of june and i hope to get some other projects before then but this really takes a huge weight off my chest !
That IS wonderful news. I hope it goes smoothly, you make lots of money, and he doesn't try to get you to work at a discount because of the economy and your past working relationship. Some long time clients turn out to be like that. I hope he doesn't. Congrats.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #92
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
HALLELUJA !!!!!!

my best client just called me for our annual project. i was not counting on working for him this year because last year he told me there was a good chance he would not be running the project, and his replacement might not be in paris. it turns out that he is still running the project though so we'll be working together again. they are the only client i have who never complains about the price, pays me the correct tarif, and if the project goes longer than planned (it almost always does) they pay me the extra days i work. plus, we've been working together for 4 years already and we make a good team, and he's a very good person to work with, very organised, and although the project itself stresses him out quite a lot (deadlines and such) he is very nice with me, doesn't care what time i start in the morning because he knows i'll get the work done even if i have to stay late in the evening, doesn't look over my shoulder, and is a friendly guy.

given how slow business has been lately this is the best news i have had in months !!!! wow, suddenly i feel SO MUCH BETTER !!!!!!!!

i won't be starting the project until the end of june and i hope to get some other projects before then but this really takes a huge weight off my chest !
CONGRATULATIONS! So glad to hear some good news in these bad economic times. Now you can buy eighty netbooks and eleventy-bazillion iPhones so wherever you are you can post to Mobileread
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #93
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
That IS wonderful news. I hope it goes smoothly, you make lots of money, and he doesn't try to get you to work at a discount because of the economy and your past working relationship. Some long time clients turn out to be like that. I hope he doesn't. Congrats.
no, he won't. i told him i'd give him the same rate as last year, and he said that was fine. he has to clear it with his boss, but his boss knows me and knows i'm a hard worker and largely earn what they pay me, so i don't think i'll have any trouble like that. in fact last year i ended the project with a half-day of work only, and since we'd run over by nearly a week i said i'd give him the half day for free ; but since i'd worked late hours on several days he insisted i should charge it as a full day instead.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #94
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! So glad to hear some good news in these bad economic times. Now you can buy eighty netbooks and eleventy-bazillion iPhones so wherever you are you can post to Mobileread
hee ! don't tempt me. already, the second i got off the telephone, i was thinking "hm, maybe now i can splurge and buy that book from baen, and maybe even one from my fictionwise wishlist during the sale...

if i get another project between now and then i just might think about a chearp netbook though, because it would actually be really helpful for me to have my own computer for this project ; since i'm an outside contractor, i never know where they'll find a desk for me, and if i had my own portable computer it would make things a lot simpler ! i have to work in their offices because i need to consult with him frequently so it wouldn't be practical to work at home, but every year i have a different desk, and sometimes i have to move around during the project (depending on who is on holiday).
Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #95
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow, that's good news zelda!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #96
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Wow, that's good news zelda!
you have no idea !!! i love this client. the work is "just shoot me now" boring and a pain in the arse, but the client, man, the client is great !!!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #97
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Congrats, Zelda!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #98
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
HALLELUJA !!!!!!
Excellent news!!

Couldn't happen to a better pinwheel!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #99
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Zelda

I can send no more Karma - but brilliant news .... now you can update how many e-reader devices you have
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #100
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can celebrate : exactly 35 years ago, this minute, my beautiful lady said "YES" ....
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #101
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I can celebrate : exactly 35 years ago, this minute, my beautiful lady said "YES" ....
Wow, 35 years! Many congratulations to you and your beautiful lady.

Did you buy her any chocolates?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #102
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's definitely something to celebrate these days if after 35 years you still call her your beautiful lady. I admire everything about that. Congrats.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #103
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Congrats zelda! That is something to celebrate. Hopefully you can get a small project to keep you going until June.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #104
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Congrats zelda! That is something to celebrate. Hopefully you can get a small project to keep you going until June.
changing the list of her devices ?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #105
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Happy Anniversary to you both and congratulations on 35 years!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote