Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-19-2021, 11:43 AM   #91
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The PW4. I never had the PW3 so I can't compare. I like the screen on the PW4 better than my Voyage, though. Lots of people feel the opposite. I hardly ever use my Voyage.
I remember my Voyage had a rather dark tan screen, but really crisp text. Unfortunately the dark screen background made it more difficult to read in dim light.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Echo

Retail | Lowest | Sale --- Specs | 25% Trade-In
  1. $200 -- Echo Studio --- $150 (PD 2020)
  2. $130 -- Echo Sub --- $110 (Jan 2020)

3. $100 -- Amz Echo 4 --- $70 (May 2021) --- $120 for 2

4. $50 --- Echo Dot 4 --- $29 (BF 2020) --- $50 for 2
  5. $40 --- Echo Dot 3 --- $19 (BF 2020) --- $20 Alexa
  6. $60 --- Dot 4 Kids --- $39 (BF 2020) --- $35 Alexa
  7. $60 --- Dot 4 Clock --- $39 (BF 2020) --- $35 Alexa

8. $250 -- Show 10/3 --- $200 (May 2021) --- $190 Alexa
  9. $130 -- Show 8/2 --- new (Jun 2021) --- $95 Alexa
  10. $110 -- Show 8/1 --- $65 (BF 2020) --- $70 Alexa

11. $95 --- Sho 5 Kids --- new (Jun 2021)
  12. $85 --- Show 5/2 --- new (Jun 2021)
  13. $80 --- Show 5/1 --- $45 (Jan 2021) --- $60

14. $250 -- E Frames 2 --- $220 (Jun 2021) --- $175
  15. $120 -- Echo Buds 2 --- $100 (May 2021) --- $80
  16. $50 --- Echo Auto --- $20 (BF 2020) --- $15

$$$ Alexa = must order using Alexa

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-20-2021 at 02:57 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2021, 01:37 PM   #93
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I took a chance and went ahead and ordered the new Echo Buds 2nd generation. I don't think they will lower the price any more for Prime Day than they have currently, which is basically a 33% discount. I could be wrong on that though. It was a chance I decided to take. I wanted to take advantage of the 5 monthly payment option while it was still active, and I was concerned they might rescind it for Prime Day.

I've waited too long in the past to hit the buy button on an item, and then decided to get it, but find they have cancelled the payment plan option. So with the thought that they were not likely to lower the price even more for PD, I went ahead and made the purchase yesterday. It isn't scheduled for delivery until Wednesday the 23rd, so if they do lower the price even more on PD I can probably cancel the original order and buy it at the lower price. I've found that they generally allow a cancellation as long as the item hasn't shipped, and I doubt they will ship it until Tuesday, assuming it is in a local warehouse, or Monday if it isn't already warehoused here in my area. On some items I even get same day delivery without an extra fee, but this wasn't one of those items.

Last edited by OtinG; 06-19-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:39 AM   #94
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I took a chance and went ahead and ordered the new Echo Buds 2nd generation.
If they do, you can try contacting support and seeing if they'll refund you the difference. Amazon is generally pretty good about that type of thing.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:10 AM   #95
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I had the 1st gen Paperwhite years ago. Friday Alexa notified me that I could get $50 off if I went ahead and ordered the Paperwhite on my wishlist. I was waiting for Prime Day, but already have it at the Prime Day price which is awesome. I was getting it for Father's Day anyhow
If you are looking for a streaming device that 4k Fire Stick is a steal. I have 2 of them, got them a few years back, they are very reliable, beautiful sound and video, plus Alexa on board.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #96
Old Gorilla
Old Gorilla began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Come on Amazon, match last year's deal on the Oasis.
Old Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:03 PM   #97
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
If they do, you can try contacting support and seeing if they'll refund you the difference. Amazon is generally pretty good about that type of thing.
They used to do that way back when. If the vendor from which you bought the item lowered the price within a set number of days, you could get a refund of the difference. The last time I tried to claim a price match they told me they no longer did that. That was a few years ago.

Normally, items I buy marked Prime, especially Amazon products, ship out and deliver within two days. I bought the Echo Buds two days ago on June 18. They were listed as “free delivery on Wednesday June 23.” I figured that was due to Prime Day, besides the extra days to deliver is no big deal to me. They never process the payment until they ship, so I haven’t been charged yet. I’m wondering, and hoping, if they are purposely waiting to ship until PD officially kicks off in order to apply the $10 PD credit I got for buying from a “small business.” That would be nice. I actually forgot about that credit until a few minutes ago! No big deal if they don’t use the credit on the Buds as I always need some other stuff anyway and will find something to buy with on PD.

The extra few days before shipping might also just be because I basically got an “early” PD deal. Perhaps they don’t want to process the “early” deals until PD officially starts.

Last edited by OtinG; 06-20-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:09 PM   #98
Old Gorilla
Old Gorilla began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
People on Reddit say the Oasis is $100 (Australian dollars) off in Australia.
Old Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #99
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Prime Day Sales

Heads Up

Prime Day sales for Target and Walmart started today. Amazon goes live at midnight Pacific Time.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:23 PM   #100
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Some of the prime deals have started - I just ordered 2 of the $25 Dot+smart bulb bundles...

Edit> Strangely, the qty was limited to 1 - I had to order twice so I don't have to feel guilty about claiming 2 $2 no-rush credits...

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 06-20-2021 at 07:08 PM. Reason: addon
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:23 PM   #101
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Small Businesses -- exp 20 Jun @ 11:59 pm PT

FINAL HOURS

Small Businesses -- spend $10, get $10 credit --> details -- YMMV
Quote:
Prime members: Purchase $10 of select small business products between June 7, 2021 and June 20, 2021 and earn a $10 credit to use on Prime Day. Exclusions apply.

You’ll get $10 to spend on Amazon for Prime Day, starting June 21, 2021 at 12:00am (PT). Limit one per customer. See all terms and conditions below.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:00 PM   #102
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Devices Update

I just updated the prices for Amazon Devices (Echos, Kindles, Fire Tabs, Fire TVs). Some of these haven't been marked down yet. I'll update as needed, so check back. Go to the home page, post 3 for the latest prices.

Be aware that some of these items are bundled with other devices and/or services for even greater savings. Sometimes free, sometimes not. When you're on the product page, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the pricing section to see what you might qualify for.

Current Prices

Early Access Deals

Remember -- YMMV

Amazon's algorithms frequently taylor offers to individuals based on their shopping history. You may see prices that others don't see and sometimes geographic restrictions. So keep that in mind.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-20-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:01 PM   #103
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Some of the prime deals have started - I just ordered 2 of the $25 Dot+smart bulb bundles...

Edit> Strangely, the qty was limited to 1 - I had to order twice so I don't have to feel guilty about claiming 2 $2 no-rush credits...
Old 06-21-2021, 02:20 AM   #104
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
They used to do that way back when. If the vendor from which you bought the item lowered the price within a set number of days, you could get a refund of the difference. The last time I tried to claim a price match they told me they no longer did that. That was a few years ago.
They may still do it for stuff they sell directly, especially when it's one of their devices, and the discount happened on Prime day.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:28 AM   #105
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

I snagged a two pack of Kasa smart plugs normally priced at $20, but with the $7 PD discount and the $10 credit from shopping at a small business I got them for $3.24 including tax. Pretty good deal and I got to use my $10 PD credit.

The Echo Buds 2nd gen I ordered on June 18 are still listed at $80, so no further discount for PD. The 5 month payment option is still in effect too. So I could have waited until now, but I’m glad I already had purchased them early because current purchases are now showing a delivery date of Thursday. So I’ll get them a day earlier than those buying them right now.