Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #91
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Ok. then I do not open a report
By the way, I just saw the error report too (didn't recognize it before)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen1.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	115922  
Old 11-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #92
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I uploaded fixed builds, re-download and re-install and that error should go away. And as a bonus you can now search in the preview panel as well.
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #93
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Kovid,
split and merge are working.Thanks a lot.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #94
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
WOW.... I just tried this for the first time in a few weeks. I CAN'T believe how it looks and works!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #95
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
I can also confirm the working of the split, nice Kovid.

Further, I noticed that in a test document I can click in the preview on available (and visible) links, but you can not follow the link to it destination. I assume that that feature is not yet implemented? Will it actually be implemented?

Last edited by DrChiper; 11-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cannot click links in the preview. The preview is designed to only show the file being edited currently. CLicking in the preview positions the cursor in the editor to (near) the clicked location.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 11-29-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #97
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DrChiper: I might be able to add the ability to right click on links and add an option to open the linked to file in the editor and the preview. I'll put that on my TODO list.

@PeterT: Thanks
Old 11-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #98
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@DrChiper: I might be able to add the ability to right click on links and add an option to open the linked to file in the editor and the preview. I'll put that on my TODO list.

@PeterT: Thanks
The one thing I miss that Sigil had was the Find Link or Style (emphasis mine as that is what I use 99.99% ) Is this on the TD list or is this what you were just describing above?
Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #99
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@theducks: How did that work? In code view it took you to the class referenced by the tag under the cursor?
Old 11-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #100
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Kovid, that will be a nice addition.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #101
DrChiper
Bookish

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The one thing I miss that Sigil had was the Find Link or Style (emphasis mine as that is what I use 99.99% ) Is this on the TD list or is this what you were just describing above?
I have never seen this function. Do you mean the "Add Link"?
Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #102
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@theducks: How did that work? In code view it took you to the class referenced by the tag under the cursor?
Exactly
Set the cursor on class="calibre29" and right click Goto Link or class
If the CONTAINING style sheet was not already open, it opens the sheet
Otherwise it just jumps focus to the Sheet first definition (there may be multiples in some odd sheets like the old webscriptions ones)
Old 11-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That seems rather simple minded. What happens if there are multiple classes or if some other type of css rule affects the element? If I do implement this feature it will popup a list of all rules that affect the element and allow you to choose which one to go to. However, I dont know how simple it will be to implement. Finding which rules affect an element is trivial, finding the position of those rules in the stylesheet is not, since the css parser calibre uses does not preserve that information, but let's see if I can hack something together.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #104
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
That seems rather simple minded. What happens if there are multiple classes or if some other type of css rule affects the element? If I do implement this feature it will popup a list of all rules that affect the element and allow you to choose which one to go to. However, I dont know how simple it will be to implement. Finding which rules affect an element is trivial, finding the position of those rules in the stylesheet is not, since the css parser calibre uses does not preserve that information, but let's see if I can hack something together.
Simple is good
The property inspector is what you might usse to discover what the cascade does.

Using this is in CV allow you to jump to the indicated, selected class which is extremely useful in over sized stylesheets as it allows you to leave your Search/Replace intact (before this was added to Sigil, I would have to do a Find in the CSS)
Old 11-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #105
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks for your work on this. I just discovered this thread and downloaded the current calibre version. It works just great.

Will there be a save as function for the entire epub? I often save different versions if I want to try something out I may not want to keep. It would be possible to manage things with checkpoints (very useful also). But I may want to head off in a totally different direction with formatting, or something like that.
Closed Thread