Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2020, 02:58 PM   #91
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
init.d is not present, only:
/mnt/secure/etc/mod
/mnt/secure/etc/terminfo
This indicates etc is failing to extract properly (which breaks a lot of things horribly in the process). There can be bunch of reasons for that:

- running out of space on /mnt/secure partition. if the partition is small this is pretty dangerous actually and we'll have to do something about it down the line (probably moving some stuff to /mnt/ext1).
- terminfo is bind-mounted to /usr/share/terminfo. this shouldn't prevent deletion of it, but older kernels may think otherwise. maybe this prevents proper install?
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #92
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
But, as I wrote before:
v6 services installed without problems
v8 services does have problems, did you change the install procedere?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #93
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Quote:
But, as I wrote before:
v6 services installed without problems
v8 services does have problems, did you change the install procedere?
Yes. But v8 is also significantly larger. Just check the free disk space use...
Old 09-30-2020, 05:07 PM   #94
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't think it is the size
Services v6..
/mnt/secure/
1k-blocks: 102315
Used:70414
Available:26783
Use%: 72

Services v8..
/mnt/secure/
Used:71288
Available:25909
Use%: 73
Old 09-30-2020, 05:11 PM   #95
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
Don't think it is the size
Services v6..
/mnt/secure/
Used:70414
Available:26783
Use%: 72

Services v8..
/mnt/secure/
Used:71288
Available:25909
Use%: 73
Hm. Can you check that /mnt/secure/etc *doesn't* exist after you uinstall v6? The problem might be v6 not uninstalling properly.
Advert
Old 09-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #96
nhedgehog
Guru

Can't check since the uninstaller removes root and services and I don't have access to /mnt/secure without root. Starting services again does not give the possibility to remove services only, just to (re)install.

Edit: But after Rooting we have this subfolders in /mnt/secure/
Legimi
dictionaries
pbpk
runonce
init.d
su
lost+found

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-30-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #97
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
Can't check since the uninstaller removes root and services and I don't have access to /mnt/secure without root. Starting services again does not give the possibility to remove services only, just to (re)install.
Keep ssh open and don't reboot That said, there's now 8.13 that *should* clean up after broken v6 uninstall, though I can't test it as my device can't run v6 anymore.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:37 AM   #98
nhedgehog
Guru

Used 8.13 same behaviour as written regarding 8.1
I tried to produce some logs, hope that gives you a better understanding what is happening.
Just to sum it up:
1) Only going back to services pbjb-v6-3-g671d61c by uninstalling services 8.23, rebooting & installing services 6.3 gives me the menu which is expected.
2) Updating services 6.3 with services 8.23 -> only partial settings as described before
3) Uninstalling services 6.3, reboot, installing services 8.23 -> only partial settings as described before
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (3.9 KB, 176 views)
Old 10-01-2020, 01:02 AM   #99
nhedgehog
Guru

Edit, did some logs with probably more output:
Quote:
/mnt/ext1/applications/Services_6.app > /mnt/ext1/services6_install.log 2>&1
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs2.zip (3.8 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 10-01-2020 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:33 AM   #100
nhedgehog
Guru

Did some more tests since it seems, that the space on /mnt/secure ist the problem:
1) removed 10MB of dictionaries that don't have protection (missing lic files)
2) uninstalled v6 completely
3) installed v8.23, still problem with services even now the space doesn't seem to be enough.

PS: But I noticed that me deleting dics created 10% more space (which corospondents well with the partition size of 100MB of the secure partition):
Quote:
/mnt/secure # df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 63046 21991 37882 37% /
none 49152 276 48876 1% /var
tmpfs 240420 8 240412 0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p2 406149 300929 84742 78% /ebrmain
/dev/mmcblk0p3 102315 59797 37400 62% /mnt/secure
/dev/loop0 231732 231732 0 100% /ebrmain/cramfs
/dev/user_int 14932224 3367576 11564648 23% /mnt/ext1
/dev/mmcblk0p3 102315 59797 37400 62% /ebrmain/share/terminfo
/dev/mmcblk0p3 102315 59797 37400 62% /ebrmain/cramfs/bin/netagent
/mnt/secure # /dev/mmcblk0p3 102315 59797 37400 62% /mnt/secur
e
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log3.zip (2.2 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 10-01-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #101
ezdiy
Zealot

There's something preventing the v6 uninstall still :/

Try pasting the following into the shell, right after v6 uninstall, but before reboot:

Code:
chattr -i /mnt/secure/runonce/*
rm -f /mnt/secure/runonce/*
chattr -i /mnt/secure/init.d
rm -rf /mnt/secure/init.d

*then* reboot and try v8 install.

So what goes on? We need to make sure there's *nothing* from pbjb - init.d and files *inside* runonce folder must be gone after uninstalling, otherwise it will silently break next install, unless its a pbjb copy that uses the very same files that weren't removed.

v6 is fine with it because its their stuff. But v7 moved that folder into /mnt/secure/etc/init.d and if the old one (and its contents) remains, things will break horribly.

Last edited by ezdiy; 10-01-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:14 PM   #102
nhedgehog
Guru

I did what you asked.
1) Uninstall v6 - reboot
2) jailbreak v8 - reboot
3) pbterm with root
Quote:
chattr -i /mnt/secure/runonce/*
rm -f /mnt/secure/runonce/*
chattr -i /mnt/secure/init.d
rm -rf /mnt/secure/init.d
Just one errormessage on:
chattr -i /mnt/secure/runonce/* - file doesn't exist.
reboot
4) Install service v8.13
! 4.1) I still got the errormessage that v6 exist, if I want to update, said uninstall.
4.2) Installer freezes, killed it via Taskmanager after waiting reasonable time.
4.3) Run it again, now install went through without update question - rebooted, the settings im service menu still missing like before. No I remember that I had 4.2 before.
5) Went back to v6 via service.app uninstall reboot installed service v6.
Menu is fine.
6) Copied via SSH 30MB file to /mnt/secure, went through without problem, deleted it afterwards. Seems to me the filesystem is OK.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #103
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
I did what you asked.
4.2) Installer freezes, killed it via Taskmanager after waiting reasonable time.
I'll try to make a version that just logs what goes on during install. If it says it runs out of space, I'd generally trust it on it. You can view what *exactly* the installer does via:

sh -x ./Services.app, you must be root for this to work. For all intents and purposes your system is "addicted" to v6 through running out of space *somewhere*, and until you figure out where it is, the "not enough space on device" is the only message i can go by. The installer freezing is possibly a give away - there's no place for it to do that on its own - so its probably the point where something goes seriously wrong.

Btw, linux may report not enough space if it runs out of inodes (too many files vs too small device). That can happen if you put 1000s of small files on a small (100MB) partition. I don't think pocketbook does anything like that by default tho.

Last edited by ezdiy; 10-01-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #104
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
To make the point, I uninstalled the services of 8.4, unrooted, rebooted, connected the usb cable to the laptop, copied the two .apps of 8.13, unmounted, rerooted, reinstalled services and rebooted. All went fine without a glitch, each step took just a few sec before the confirmation dialog, and both ssh and samba work (I haven't checked all the services, these two are the ones I find useful).
I have a bit more space in /mnt/secure though:
Code:
/mnt/secure # du -sh
54.0M	.
/mnt/secure # df .
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p3           99150     55345     38685  59% /mnt/secure
Some of my partition sizes are different from those of nhedgehog:
Code:
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                63046     21991     37882  37% /
none                     49152       944     48208   2% /var
tmpfs                   240420         8    240412   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p2          406149    299917     85754  78% /ebrmain
/dev/mmcblk0p3           99150     55345     38685  59% /mnt/secure
/dev/loop0              231732    231732         0 100% /ebrmain/cramfs
/dev/user_int          7136648   4941364   2195284  69% /mnt/ext1
none                     49152       944     48208   2% /etc/hosts
none                     49152       944     48208   2% /etc/localtime
none                     49152       944     48208   2% /ebrmain/share/terminfo
/dev/loop0              231732    231732         0 100% /var/tmp/netagent.orig
/dev/mmcblk0p3           99150     55345     38685  59% /ebrmain/cramfs/bin/netagent

Last edited by EastEriq; 10-01-2020 at 02:51 PM.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:14 AM   #105
nhedgehog
Guru

Appreciate the effort! I did a
1) sh -x /mnt/ext1/applications/Services_v813.app
and
2) selected update from v6*
Here is the log, though I'm afraid it won't help.

BTW: I checked the files on my secure partition, there is no big amount of files there. Only strange thing I saw is a .profile file with some path definitions in it.
BTW2: Secure properties (after installing Services v6): 139 files/17 folders/ 8 symbolic links
Attached Files
File Type: zip v823_update.zip (2.0 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 10-02-2020 at 04:22 AM.

Tags
root