Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #91
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
So do that and stop being a jerk!

Really, your adolescent whining about how "it's not fair, it doesn't do what I want it to do" is just getting tiresome.

It's been established that Calibre is not for you, so leave it to the thousands of us for whom it's invaluable and go away.
Yeah, it don't do what I want it to do. But it could....
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #92
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeah, it don't do what I want it to do. But it could....
Yeah, and Angelina Jolie could take me to her bed for a week, but it ain't going to happen; get used to it, disappointment is a fact of life!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #93
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think that was the stupidest post in the topic.

It can't be that hard to get that working, realy. What is needded is ALREAY in calibre, working pretty fine for the save to disk and send to device function. So what the matter ?
Who difficult can that be ?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #94
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think that was the stupidest post in the topic.

Not even in the top ten (you have made at least 10 posts, right?).
Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #95
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Not even in the top ten (you have made at least 10 posts, right?).
No, your was #1 and by far. Idiot, nonsense, and off topic. (Oh, I tried to act idiot here, you you still had no problem to top me).

And that, I'm done trying to make sense in any of you.
Stay in your little egoist won't even try to understand that other might have different needs that mine world.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 12-01-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #96
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
No, your was #1 and by far. Idiot, nonsense, and off topic.

Stay in you little egoist, won't even try to understand that other might have different needs that mine world.
You might want to reword the bold sentence above so that it makes even a modicum of sense. If you can't even communicate coherently then don't even bother trying.

No, as stated, you are the one who has decided that Calibre doesn't work exactly as you want it to so have decided that the best way to get that changed is to demand a change and then insult anybody who disagrees with you (including the people who could actually do some of what you want, the Calibre developers; that's why you qualify for all the most stupid posts in this thread). The hilarious thing is that you can't even see how much your adolescent, rude, ingrateful, puerile whinging is pissing everybody off.

As has been said by myself and others; either stop using Calibre or make the code changes yourself. Either way, STFU!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #97
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
...It can't be that hard to get that working, realy. What is needded is ALREAY in calibre, working pretty fine for the save to disk and send to device function. So what the matter ?
Who difficult can that be ?
You are unbelieveable. I'm just about convinced you're a troll. If it's not that difficult, do it yourself, then, and quit your carping.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #98
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Can't some green person get a lock on this thread already? This is beyond ridiculous.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #99
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Bring up religion and the thread will get censored.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #100
Cuteepatootee
Cuteepatootee is on a distinguished road

Device: Blackberry Curve/Dell Axim x5
I have read through most of the posts here and I'm not sure if this is where I should be. I'll ask my 2 questions and maybe I can get an answer here or I can be pointed in the right direction.
#1 I can't for the life of me figure out where my converted books go. I'm not usually inept but this program makes me feel a little stupid.
#2 I really don't understand the tagging part, I just know it takes my title and throws it away and makes its own. I have my books as author - series name and number if applicable - title. Can SOMEONE tell me how to do this?
I will only be using the program for conversions not for file system, if that is any help to anyone.
Thanks for ANY help you can give me.
Alyce
Cuteepatootee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #101
Cuteepatootee
Cuteepatootee is on a distinguished road

Device: Blackberry Curve/Dell Axim x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteepatootee View Post
I have read through most of the posts here and I'm not sure if this is where I should be. I'll ask my 2 questions and maybe I can get an answer here or I can be pointed in the right direction.
#1 I can't for the life of me figure out where my converted books go. I'm not usually inept but this program makes me feel a little stupid.
#2 I really don't understand the tagging part, I just know it takes my title and throws it away and makes its own. I have my books as author - series name and number if applicable - title. Can SOMEONE tell me how to do this?
I will only be using the program for conversions not for file system, if that is any help to anyone.
Alyce
I just found the folder with completed books. Don't feel quite as stupid, lol.
Cuteepatootee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #102
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteepatootee View Post
Alyce
Alyce??? Until now my Mother was the only Alyce with a "Y" I knew.

Please start a new thread and ask this question with a fresh start. This isn't where answers for you should go. See attached for an idea of how to start a new thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newthread.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	62131  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #103
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
No, your was #1 and by far. Idiot, nonsense, and off topic. (Oh, I tried to act idiot here, you you still had no problem to top me).

Stay in your little egoist won't even try to understand that other might have different needs that mine world.
I can understand your view but I would just avoid using it as you seem to want to do. I just use Calibre as a book converter and keep my books in my own Filing system works for me. easy enough to get the book from the Calibre library. Never saw the need to use it as a book manager...I know many do, but I have no desire to use it for this purpose. bend with the wind not against it...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #104
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Well, nope. My nas alone can't run calibre.
Nope, but a machine that accesses it can. We have people here who keep their libraries in Dropbox* so it would seem to be possible to have a library on a separate device. (note: I only use Dropbox to transfer files around, so I can't tell you how they do it)

Quote:
I'm dual booting windows and linux. Installing calibre on the two OS, and on the same library will most likely conflict right ?
I'm not a dual-boot guru (I have an ever-changing collection of operating systems, but all on different computers) but I'm fairly sure that won't conflict. Calibre decides on its directory names based on the metadata of the books, so since they're the same books, with the same metadata, it seems to me that both instances of calibre would make the same decisions, and therefore expect to find their files in the same places, which is what we're concerned about here. Someone who has actually done this would be the proper person to answer the question, though, as I'm just guessing.

That question might be worth a thread of its own, actually, if there hasn't been one already. With the increasing popularity (at least among people I know) of dual-boot, there have to be a fair number of people who would want to run calibre under either OS.

*link that will get us both more free space on Dropbox
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #105
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
But I'm out of luck when just browsing the folders... I want to be able to browse my book from outside the software, if I feel like to. Just use good old copy past if I want, rather than start calibre / plug e-reader / synchronize.
You have to start file manager, starting calibre does take a bit longer, but your ereader and "synchronize" don't come into play.

Quote:
Or use the library with another software (like ade, or sigil).
I frequently open other software from calibre, the search capabilities combined with tagging make navigating with calibre easily as fast as any file browser.

There have been multiple work flows proposed that would be both efficient and practical. If you must use the browser using the save to disk feature with the proper template can create the file structure you want as a backup to the main calibre library giving you both worlds.

If none of these ideas work for you then you might want to start searching for document management programs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote