Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #91
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Exactly. They'll be available in Borders when they are released, according to Sony.
I thought about pre-ordering one on-line but want to check out the display contrast first in person. I wonder if they will be available in stores on the same day that they posted on the pre-orders.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #92
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I thought about pre-ordering one on-line but want to check out the display contrast first in person. I wonder if they will be available in stores on the same day that they posted on the pre-orders.
I would think so.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #93
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I would think so.
If that's the case, then you'll find me at Borders on Aug. 25. I am so glad David doesn't read my posts. I wonder how I can explain the $299 charge on my credit card?!!?
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #94
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
If that's the case, then you'll find me at Borders on Aug. 25. I am so glad David doesn't read my posts. I wonder how I can explain the $299 charge on my credit card?!!?
You don't. You just look at him, until he turns away. Don't smile, just look. He'll never mention it again

(since when do we women have to explain ourselves?)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #95
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You don't. You just look at him, until he turns away. Don't smile, just look. He'll never mention it again

(since when do we women have to explain ourselves?)
Good point! I actually don't need to explain anything. The house motto is, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" So they all indulge me to help keep the peace.

Forgive the bad grammar, please. I just reread the motto and cringed.
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #96
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
You turn your back to him, glance over you shoulder and say... "Does that charge make my butt look big?"

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #97
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
It's not the display I'm so much interested in, but rather the feature set and how well they are implemented.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go back to the U.S. until (maybe) Christmas, so I'll have to order one if I want one sooner than that.

I'm looking forward to the reports and opinions from actual owners once these two units become available.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #98
adrianemery
adrianemery began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyways taken the plunge and ordered a 505 from the UK site play.com.

£150 and a tri fold cover thrown in, looks like they want to shift stock beofre the 300 and 600 are released.

Local Sony Shop still wanted £250 for them, my how me and my wife laughted when they said that.
adrianemery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #99
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianemery View Post
Anyways taken the plunge and ordered a 505 from the UK site play.com.

£150 and a tri fold cover thrown in, looks like they want to shift stock beofre the 300 and 600 are released.

Local Sony Shop still wanted £250 for them, my how me and my wife laughted when they said that.
That sounds like a great deal (although, I know nothing about pound to dollar conversions )! I am sure you will love your new toy. Congrats.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #100
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
For those of you on the fence, I'm thinking about getting a PRS-600, and I have an unopened NEW PRS-505 that I'm willing to sell, if I do.

PM me if you're interested.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #101
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
Borders is selling Sony 300 and 600 preorder!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and glad I found this very helpful forum. Was surfing the web and looks like Borders IS selling preorders of Sony 300 and Sony 600 with a date of August 25, 2009-

Sorry tried several times to insert the link but it is not coming up right- just go to www.borders.com and in the search box type in Sony Reader.

I have not ordered one yet since I believe they will be sold at places like Target and Walmart and might wait until there in stores- but if the indication with Kindle is a clue they might sell out so I might just preorder a pink one after I complete this post Will be getting the 300- I really like the idea of a touch screen and stylet from my PDA days but like the $199 price tag more.

Take care All,

Michelle
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #102
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
The 5" Astak Pocket Pro price point is now the same as the Sony 300. At least until the end of September. $199.00. After this date, the Pocket Pro will go back up to $229. If the only reason you are considering the 300 was the price, it might be worth reconsidering.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #103
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi, mypolar, and welcome to MobileRead.

As you've probably noticed, there are quite a number of Forums to check for one's interests.

Also, if you're not aware of it, MobileRead carries thousands of free public domain and CC titles, in varying formats to suit one's reading habits.

Feel free to post and ask questions.

Have fun!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You turn your back to him, glance over you shoulder and say... "Does that charge make my butt look big?"

BOb
And his answer is yes it makes your butt look enormous.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #105
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And his answer is yes it makes your butt look enormous.
How does your wife put up with you?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote