Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2023, 10:45 AM   #976
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by manotroll View Post
Is it possible to downgrade the Kindle Paperwhite (11th Generation)
I'm on 5.15.1
Only if you are already jail broken.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 07:13 AM   #977
dunik
dunik began at the beginning.

Device: koa3
Koa3

then, i have a koa3 blocked by amazon(cause they send me two), I want to jailbrake the blocked to use it as a normal ebook, my version is 5.16.2.1, can i do something or im fked?
dunik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2023, 08:01 AM   #978
kurnosyi
kurnosyi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
JB on PW5

Hi everyone. I wanna make a JB on my PW5. Will I then be able to register it on amazon and use its tools (like Sent to kindle or goodreads)?
kurnosyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 05:14 PM   #979
jma1
Connoisseur
jma1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I was unable to jailbreak a KV on firmware 5.13.6. Followed the procedure up to Step 7, get error message “Application Error the selected application could not be started. please try again.” Followed Step 8 and Step 9, the User Guide displays and the jb script apparently never runs. Device stays in demo mode and the only way out is the demo menu Resell Device option which does a factory reset.

So is there anything I can do to jailbreak, or is this a one try only procedure? Thanks in advance.
jma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:14 PM   #980
waka
waka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks a lot for your effort!

How do I know if my device is successfully jailbroken?
Tried the method twice with my KT2 with firmware version 5.12.2.2, after bin update and reboot out of demo mode, the home screen seems the same as before.
waka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2023, 10:50 PM   #981
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by waka View Post
Thanks a lot for your effort!

How do I know if my device is successfully jailbroken?
Tried the method twice with my KT2 with firmware version 5.12.2.2, after bin update and reboot out of demo mode, the home screen seems the same as before.
The UI doesn't change.

See the first post in the Open Sesame thread for instructions on installing custom packages.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 05:06 AM   #982
waka
waka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The UI doesn't change.

See the first post in the Open Sesame thread for instructions on installing custom packages.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564
Cheers! I thought there might be something to tell you this device is jailbroken.
waka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:36 PM   #983
diab0lik
diab0lik began at the beginning.

Device: pw5
hi i got up to the final step "Select Update Your Kindle to install the custom hotfix
". i've copied the bin file to root but the update is greyed out. any ideas? thanks
diab0lik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 01:47 AM   #984
kapek
kapek began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 10th
is someone able to jailbreak 5.14.3 with the seriel port?

I am new to this forum so please be kind to me lol. But has someone successfully able to do this??

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
kapek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 06:12 PM   #985
Andreii
Andreii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2015 7thGen
Hey

So I have kindle paperwhite 2015 7th generation and it just updated to 5.16

Is there totally no way to jailbrake it somehow?
Andreii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 06:59 PM   #986
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreii View Post
So I have kindle paperwhite 2015 7th generation and it just updated to 5.16

Is there totally no way to jailbrake it somehow?
You would have to use a serial jailbreak.

Search this forum for threads tagged
serial jailbreak
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 04:53 PM   #987
mmmilo
mmmilo began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
I jailbroken my KV on Firmware 5.13.6 - prompt an all that stuff seems to work but i cant get KUAL to work. Is the KV supported?
mmmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 05:00 PM   #988
mmmilo
mmmilo began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma1 View Post
I was unable to jailbreak a KV on firmware 5.13.6. Followed the procedure up to Step 7, get error message “Application Error the selected application could not be started. please try again.” Followed Step 8 and Step 9, the User Guide displays and the jb script apparently never runs. Device stays in demo mode and the only way out is the demo menu Resell Device option which does a factory reset.

So is there anything I can do to jailbreak, or is this a one try only procedure? Thanks in advance.
Had the sam issue, just redo everything from the very beginning. Restore and set language and all he stuff.

If u got the Aplication error, than ur good to go, just Hard reset and it works.

i was at this step as well and wasnt able to instal KUAL, so i redone the Jailbreak, but it didnt gave me the "Application Error" and hitting "Getting Started" didnt changed anything.

If u guys want KUAL to work on ur voyage you need the azw and both update files to make it work. After a hour of trying i managed to install KUAL

good luck
mmmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 06:12 PM   #989
jma1
Connoisseur
jma1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmilo View Post
Had the sam issue, just redo everything from the very beginning. Restore and set language and all he stuff.

If u got the Aplication error, than ur good to go, just Hard reset and it works.

i was at this step as well and wasnt able to instal KUAL, so i redone the Jailbreak, but it didnt gave me the "Application Error" and hitting "Getting Started" didnt changed anything.

If u guys want KUAL to work on ur voyage you need the azw and both update files to make it work. After a hour of trying i managed to install KUAL

good luck
So I did try twice, jb did not work either time. Will try again. You refer to azw and update fiiles - don't recall that being part of the jb procedure itself so are they in the KUAL step? NB I have previously done this successfully with another KV on 5.13.6. Thanks.
jma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 01:27 AM   #990
No_name
No_name began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hello dear visitors, I tried to jailbreak my kindle - but I went to menu where no buttons working - and I cannt continue my jailbreak or just leave it. It stucks, and after long hold on power button it came baсk to the same menu. I see on the screen in the first line "This demonstration device is either missing content or is disconnected from network" and the second line "configure device" .
No_name is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak