Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2023, 07:39 AM   #946
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
I will no longer post new release notifications here.

If you need to be notified, go to this project’s page and select WatchCustomReleases.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:05 PM   #947
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
word highlight default action

When I highlight a word in a book I'm always looking for a definition. Currently I'm presented with a dialogue with a choice of actions. Is there some way to make "define" the default and get rid of the choice?

Thanks
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2023, 02:19 PM   #948
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc630 View Post
Is there some way to make "define" the default and get rid of the choice?
Just keep holding your finger on the word you want to define (instead of releasing it when the highlight appears).
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:43 PM   #949
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Do you think the project will ever reach 1.0? Is there any feature you're hoping to add to make it 1.0?

Last edited by jasius; 07-13-2023 at 12:10 AM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 05:48 PM   #950
tlc630

Dictionary w/ style sheets

Hi,
The Oxford Shorter English Dictionary comes with style sheets. Should I put the ".css" files in the dictionary folder or the css folder? Does it matter? Does plato care?

Thanks and thanks for the answer to my "define" question.
Advert
Old 07-14-2023, 12:44 AM   #951
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mbrisco made Shorter Oxford English Dictionary version for KO reader it has .css and dict.dz and .idx and .ifo I put all of them except for .css in the dictionary and then the .css in the css directory.

Plato acknowledges it but it's definitions are empty, is this because it's only for KO reader or is there an easy way to use this with Plato?

Link for his dictionary file
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=13
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:35 PM   #952
tlc630

Previous location

Sometimes I do something that takes me to a different place in my book. Sometime this is intentional like a footnote but sometimes accidental and I don't exactly know what I did.

Is there some gesture/swipe to "return to previous location"?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2023, 09:10 PM   #953
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc630 View Post
Sometimes I do something that takes me to a different place in my book. Sometime this is intentional like a footnote but sometimes accidental and I don't exactly know what I did.

Is there some gesture/swipe to "return to previous location"?

Thanks
Tap upper left corner. You can read the manual here

https://github.com/baskerville/plato.../doc/MANUAL.md
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:38 AM   #954
tlc630

Thanks! I skimmed the manual but I missed this.
Old 07-18-2023, 01:23 PM   #955
curiousdreamer
pseudo-intellectual
curiousdreamer began at the beginning.

Changing military time to standard time

What the title says, is there any way in Plato to change the military time to regular/standard/Imperial (or whatever you call it lol) in settings?
curiousdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 10:41 PM   #956
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousdreamer View Post
What the title says, is there any way in Plato to change the military time to regular/standard/Imperial (or whatever you call it lol) in settings?
I take it you mean to change from a 24 hour clock to a 12 hour clock? I suspect that Plato inherits this from your Kobo's setup.

Quick check on the Plato manual seems to show the default in settings.toml would use a 24 hour clock:
Code:
time-format = "%H:%M"
while to use a 12 hour clock, you would set:
Code:
time-format = "%I:%M"

Last edited by DNSB; 07-18-2023 at 10:49 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 01:06 PM   #957
curiousdreamer
pseudo-intellectual

@DNSB

Yes that's what I meant haha. Thank you so much for this, your solution worked! Kinda wish there was an AM/PM indicator next to the time but it's NBD.
Old 07-21-2023, 01:40 PM   #958
curiousdreamer
pseudo-intellectual

Custom screensaver option in Plato?

I can't seem to find a setting to set my .png image as a custom screensaver within Plato? Does the option not exist or am I not looking in the right place?
Old 07-21-2023, 01:45 PM   #959
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousdreamer View Post
@DNSB

Yes that's what I meant haha. Thank you so much for this, your solution worked! Kinda wish there was an AM/PM indicator next to the time but it's NBD.
I think if you add a %p or %P after the %M, it will show %P=am/pm or %p=AM/PM (backwards that the lower case p will show upper case AM/PM).

Code:
time-format = "%I:%M %P"
This is lifted from the link in the settings.toml file's link to Module chrono::format::strftime so you may want to check there for more information.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:32 AM   #960
FakenessCrumbles
FakenessCrumbles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2e
I love Plato. It made my Kobo Clara 2e usable. Out of the box, the 2e was painfully slow and prone to freezing multiple times per day. Plato is not exactly lightning fast, especially with 500-page books, but is much faster than stock, and easily acceptable. I haven't seen it crash once in months of using it.

Plato does all I need, quickly and intuitively. Trying to get KOReader to do what I wanted was like pulling teeth, and I never ultimately succeeded. Using KOReader's menus was like playing the game "Concentration" and starting over with a shuffled deck every time I tried to use it.

So I love Plato!
FakenessCrumbles is offline   Reply With Quote