Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2022, 01:37 AM   #901
sedgefog
sedgefog began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
The new fit-to-width scroll options in 0.9.31 are a welcome addition. Also noted was the Wiktionary fix, so I added the en-en dictionary available on dictinfo dot com to my device. Between this and the OED, people's English monolingual dictionary needs should be well covered I'd think. Love Plato, thankful as always.
sedgefog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:47 AM   #902
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Where can i get dictionaries for Plato? what format need they to be in order to make then work in it? I am looking for a Spanish dictionary

Last edited by johnydon3; 09-26-2022 at 11:50 AM.
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2022, 10:54 PM   #903
sedgefog
sedgefog began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
Where can i get dictionaries for Plato? what format need they to be in order to make then work in it? I am looking for a Spanish dictionary
It uses the dictd format but can also auto convert stardict formatted dictionaries.

Check the guide and manual on the GitHub for details.
sedgefog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #904
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Plato 0.9.32

I've released Plato 0.9.32.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:37 AM   #905
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
I installed it and tried to launch it with Nickel Menu but the Libra 2 keeps restarting when opening it. How can I see what is going on? Thanks

$ cat /run/media/jospalau/KOBOeReader/.adds/plato/info.log
Add new entry: 508122E80009587A, Libros/Cutter, Nick/Troop, The - Nick Cutter.epub.
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os { code: 2, kind: NotFound, message: "No such file or directory" }', crates/core/src/library.rs:62:42
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

Book exists. After removing it from the device error occurs with a different book

That fixed it for me:
$ cp /run/media/jospalau/KOBOeReader/.adds/plato/Settings-sample.toml /run/media/jospalau/KOBOeReader/.adds/plato/Settings.toml

Last edited by jospalau; 10-19-2022 at 11:16 AM.
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2022, 01:37 PM   #906
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
Add new entry: 508122E80009587A, Libros/Cutter, Nick/Troop, The - Nick Cutter.epub.
thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os { code: 2, kind: NotFound, message: "No such file or directory" }', crates/core/src/library.rs:62:42

Book exists. After removing it from the device error occurs with a different book
The error isn't related to the book. It has to do with one of the default libraries having a problematic path key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
That fixed it for me:
$ cp /run/media/jospalau/KOBOeReader/.adds/plato/Settings-sample.toml /run/media/jospalau/KOBOeReader/.adds/plato/Settings.toml
Which means that the problem probably comes from the default libraries added in d6c5d4a1 (the change wasn't applied to Settings-sample.toml).
Old 10-21-2022, 01:01 PM   #907
Pokemod97
Pokemod97 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
There's a script in the repository, standalone.sh, that creates a standalone package. Please note that it could be problematic on some devices. It was only tested on the Glo HD and the Aura ONE.
Sorry for the late reply but the patches the script tries to apply failed on the update package I tried to use and I couldn’t figure how to apply the changes from the patches manually.
Pokemod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 04:42 AM   #908
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemod97 View Post
the patches the script tries to apply failed on the update package
The current firmware patch works fine on 4.33.19608.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:45 AM   #909
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato 0.9.33

I've released Plato 0.9.33.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:33 PM   #910
Pokemod97

So I've twice now gotten a reset as the only option screen on libra 2 4.33 with the standalone package. The last time was after a fresh install of both and pressing the reboot to nickel button.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:39 AM   #911
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
So I've twice now gotten a reset as the only option screen on libra 2 4.33 with the standalone package. The last time was after a fresh install of both and pressing the reboot to nickel button.
Sorry about that: you need to use the latest version of standalone.sh (putting files in /usr/local was a very bad idea, Nickel assumes that the rootfs partition is left untouched by the user) and the latest firmware (4.34.20097). Before you do that, you'll need to get rid of /usr/local/Plato.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:31 AM   #912
Pokemod97

Ah sorry this was done with the latest standalone.sh and 4.34 I just forgot what version was the latest. I did a git pull after you removed the /usr/local/plato so that version was never installed on my device.
Also I had to switch
tar -xzvf KoboRoot.tgz etc/init.d/rcS
to
tar -xzvf KoboRoot.tgz ./etc/init.d/rcS
Old 11-08-2022, 08:38 AM   #913
Pokemod97

I also installed kobocloud afterwards would that conflict with what plato is doing via standalone?
Old 11-08-2022, 10:45 AM   #914
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
So I've twice now gotten a reset as the only option screen on libra 2 4.33 with the standalone package.
Are you referring to the factory reset screen? I though there was a cancel button present on that screen.

I'm not sure what could be causing this in rcS… assuming that rcS is properly patched.

Have you tried entering shared mode? Are there errors in info.log after unmounting the user partition?

Quote:
The last time was after a fresh install of both and pressing the reboot to nickel button.
I can't reproduce. It might be device-specific.

Quote:
Also I had to switch
tar -xzvf KoboRoot.tgz etc/init.d/rcS
to
tar -xzvf KoboRoot.tgz ./etc/init.d/rcS
What's the output of tar --version?

Quote:
I also installed kobocloud afterwards would that conflict with what plato is doing via standalone?
It shouldn't interfere since it doesn't seem to alter /etc/init.d/rcS.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:31 PM   #915
Pokemod97

tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.34
Copyright (C) 2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
on Arch linux.
I'll take a picture next time but I didn't see a cancel button. It was a black screen with a rectangle with an x in it(I assume this was supposed to be a kobo) and a small button with circular arrow in it. And the screen showed back up after a force reboot.