Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-08-2021, 01:40 PM   #886
snazzy_cauldron
snazzy_cauldron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy_cauldron View Post
firmware v.6.5.765 broke Dropbox sync on my InkPad 3, it was working before update.
Now I just get a Network/Synchronization Error.
I tried re-authorizing Dropbox credentials, but the problem persists.

PocketBook Cloud on web seems lobotomized:
-Uploads claim they are 100% finished, but the books don't show up on the dashboard.
-Deleted books keep re-appearing.
-It seems you have to logout/in to make the changes visible.

Send-to-PocketBook looks so very clunky, I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: I got Dropbox sync working again by factory reset and wiping the internal memory of the device.

It seems factory reset was only a temporary fix with the Dropbox sync - it breaks shortly thereafter.

I had to rollback to firmware v.6.1.1229 to get Dropbox sync working reliably again.
snazzy_cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 04:04 AM   #887
muiwuwei
muiwuwei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Hi,
When you apply the PB Firmware on a Vilvlio Inkpad 3, do you keep your "Le Nouveau Littré" dictionary ?

Thanks
I beg your pardon for the delayed answer.

Yes, it is.
After having applied the PB Firmware Le Nouveau Littré(fr-fr) is kept.
So going through the process as earlier described will keep the dictionary. At least on my device up until today.
muiwuwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 07:44 AM   #888
wirtold
wirtold began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 840, InkPad 740
I have few observations/complaints about new firmware (InkPad 740), it is almost all about reading pdfs:

- When tapping 'next page' (right area on the screen, at about half height) it is sometimes recognized as 'previos page', even more, it is recognized like this for 2 - 3 times in a row. I am using InkPad for years now (still have old 840), I know where the touch areas are, and I have never had such problem before.
- New pdf reading mode (not sure about English name, continuous or scroll-view) works not so good when changing device orientation. In fact it lags so hard after rotating the device that it is unusable.
- Added brightness/contrast/gamma ratios for pdf are ok, but what is missing for me is option to improve text (and only text) boldness and contrast.
- Font size setting when reading epubs shoud be more precise. I really miss 12.5 value!
- It looks like something is wrong with touch after latest update. I have really hard times trying to tap annotations symbol (for example [3]) in epubs, especially at the top of the screen.

Last edited by wirtold; 12-23-2021 at 03:44 AM.
wirtold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:38 AM   #889
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Did you also get the second update with bug fixes?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #890
NicGrover
NicGrover began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Touch HD 3 PB632
Problem opening a PDF file

Hi,

Problem opening a PDF file with Pocket Touch HD 3 PB632.

Files no longer open automatically, either the file opens on a previous pdf (even off the home screen) or it does not open. I have to choose between PB Reader (Fast) or PB Reader (Universal). This has only been happening for about 2 weeks. No changes on my Pocket HD 3 reader, firmware up to date.

I can only choose between PB Reader (Fast) and PB Reader (Universal) to open PDFs.

the last update did not change anything.
NicGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2022, 12:16 PM   #891
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiwuwei View Post
I beg your pardon for the delayed answer.

Yes, it is.
After having applied the PB Firmware Le Nouveau Littré(fr-fr) is kept.
So going through the process as earlier described will keep the dictionary. At least on my device up until today.
Thanks !
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:18 PM   #892
wirtold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Did you also get the second update with bug fixes?
Sorry for the late reply, I just installed the latest version, it's U740.6.5.1379 now, and I don't see any improvements, at least in the points mentioned.

I also checked the accuracy of the touchscreen using the Scribble app and it looks to work perfectly fine. So, inaccuracies in touch recognition during reading must be related to the reading app itself.

Last edited by wirtold; 01-03-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:17 AM   #893
wirtold

New observations after a few days:
- The touch problems seem to come down to sensitivity: if I hold my finger down longer it works ok but as soon as I touch quickly, like I always did, sometimes it is recognized as a gesture ('previous page' or 'next page'). I don't know, maybe the recognition of some gestures is more sensitive now (If I gently move my finger when touching).
- Navigating to annotations and back is very slow, taking a few seconds each time.

Last edited by wirtold; 01-18-2022 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 04:55 AM   #894
Kiruhdu
Enthusiast
Kiruhdu began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Touch Lux 4
Firmware

I have a general issue: Isn't there a way to update without erasing all in the filebase; everytime it updates firmware all books are 'unread' again...

I use Touchlux4
Kiruhdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:25 AM   #895
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
New firmware update for Inkpad 3 is available!
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:24 AM   #896
wirtold

I have one complaint about every software version in InkPad 3 (maybe it's the same on other PB readers). Could you please check if you think this is normal and it is just me, it is about the Next and Prev buttons in landscape mode: for me, their functions should be swapped, regardless of whether you are holding the reader with these buttons on the left or right.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:05 AM   #897
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Send-to-PocketBook looks so very clunky, I haven't tried it yet.
It actually works pretty well. I use quite a bit when I borrow with Overdrive. Just send the small .ascm file to the PocketBook. It does the rest.

Quote:
EDIT: I got Dropbox sync working again by factory reset and wiping the internal memory of the device.
I'm happy to hear that. I haven't tried DropBox yet, but I would like to know that it works if I ever do want to use it.

As for PocketBook Cloud, I agree, it's about worthless. I thought maybe it was because I lived in the United States.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:25 PM   #898
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post

As for PocketBook Cloud, I agree, it's about worthless. I thought maybe it was because I lived in the United States.
It seems to work great for me. But I just got going with it a few days ago. What makes it worthless?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:49 PM   #899
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
NEW FIRMWARE 6.5.2* & 633.6.* EU / EVROPE

Added : (Support of AZW & AZW3 formatted books).
Better performance PDF/CBR/CBZ

Inkpad 3 (PB740) New Firmware 6.5.2922
Relase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...nkPad_3_EN.pdf

InkPad 3 PRO :New Firmware 6.5.2922 Firmware 6.5.2917
Realese Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...d_3_Pro_EN.pdf

Touch LUX 4 : Firmware 6.5.2898
Relase note :https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...x_4_EN_6.5.pdf

Touch LUX 5 New Firmware 6.5.2890
Relase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...h_Lux_5_EN.pdf

InkPad Lite : New Firmware 6.5.2897
Relase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...ad_Lite_EN.pdf

Inkpad Color : New Firmware 6.5.2918
Realase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...741_EN_6.5.pdf

Pocketbook Color "6" : New Firmware 633.6.5.2915
Relase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...lor_EN_6.5.pdf

Firmware number may be different depending on the source
EVROPE https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support
US etc : https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Core changes
1. Support of AZW- and AZW3-formatted books.

2. With this firmware update much more dictionaries are available for download in the
«Select dictionaries» dialog of the Dictionary app and in the Reading app with dictionary
mode on.

3. New sleep logo.

4. More easy Device Setup Wizard, which starts when the device is first turned on or after
factory reset. Authorization to the book shop now automatically provides authorization to
the PocketBook Cloud service. Now it is possible to agree with all the terms of use of the
Book Store app and the PocketBook Cloud service in one click.

5. The user now has the option to purchase a book after downloading and reading its
reading sample from the Book Store. There is also an option to buy a book by selecting a
corresponding item of the context menu on the cover of the rating fragment in the main
menu of the device and in the Library app.

6. Periodical reminder for the user to configure Wi-Fi if the device does not have a configured
network connection. This is important because it allows access to various network services
like PocketBook Cloud, Send-to-PocketBook, periodic firmware updates, the Bookstore on
the device and other functionalities.

7. Adding books from the Wish List of the Book Store to the Main Menu.

8. Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Georgian, Kazakh and Ukrainian languages were
added to the list of possible languages of interface.

Reading program
1. Faster opening of comic book files (CBR and CBZ format).

2. A new faster engine for the Reflow mode that supports up-to-date PDF book formatting
(«Quick» based on Pdfium) for working with PDF files.

3. Quicker processing of PDF-formatted books, fixed the problems which could cause
device freezing while rendering new pages of heavy scanned book pages in PDF format.

4. Fixed the problems that (1) the covers of some books in Mobi format were not displayed
and (2) the section headers of books in this format were not displayed correctly.

5. Fixed a problem that caused the device to hang when displaying pages of a book with
large illustrations.

6. Fixed possible formatting issues with e-books in EPUB3 format.

7. Fixed an issue where a long tap on the text in an e-book would not accurately highlight
some words.

Library app
1. More smooth scrolling of book list.

2. Fixed the problem of slow response speed when typing letters in the search bar.

3. Fixed the problem of not displaying book covers of certain books in Mobi format.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-27-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:16 PM   #900
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'm new to PocketBook, and am a little confused: All of the updates shown above are '6.5.x'. My new Era shows software version of 'U700.6.7.584', which I would think should have all of the features of a '6.5' version plus something new, since it is '6.7'. (but release date is '20220530_170753')

Is this a normal thing with PocketBook software updates and new devices?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote