Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #76
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
To be honest I love a good romance. I'd say about 40% of my books both paper and ebook are romances. It's unrealistic, but when I'm reading that's what I want. I have enough troubles and just want a happy ending.

That said, I like many, many kinds of romance.
Main stream, little more than boy meets girl, they fall in love. Both in contemporary and historical settings.
Paranormal, boy meets girl with some sort of supernatural twist. (I would say this is my favorite genre.)
Erotic, well boy meets girl and well it's rather explicit.
Silly: again boy meets girl but the situations are, well silly. Katie MacAlister is my favorite in this sub genre

Now myself I'm not a fan of it, but it's a huge market. But much darker romances are very, very popular. Stories about bondage both extreme and mild are very popular.

Also popular is F/M/M or FM/M/M, one woman with more than one (male) partner.

Edit: Forgot to add M/M seem very popular, yes with female readers. Most of the writers are woman Frankly I don't understand this new trend but there you have it.

Just wanted to comment. I agree with what Bittybye said.

Right now paranormal/shapshifter books are very popular, also D/S (dominant/submissive) stories. Plus menage, including Female with several Male partners.

I've also noticed that some authors write different "levels" of romance/erotica. For instance, Maya Banks writes for Harlequin (Silhouette Desire) but has also written many books involving menage (which some people don't like at all).
So an author might have some books that are pretty tame and others that are very erotic. Just something to keep in mind.

There are many great authors in the erotic romance genre:
Lora Leigh (totally my favorite), Cynthia Eden, Maya Banks, Annmarie McKenna, Shelly Laurenston, Jaid Black, Melissa Schroeder, Kate Douglas

My opinion is probably a little skewed b/c I've been reading this genre for so long. I don't really bat an eye anymore with subjects like menage and some D/S (as long as the writing is good). Plus there HAS TO BE the HEA (Happily Ever After)!

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #77
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I heard Jackie Christian is great also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeziepepper View Post

Right now paranormal/shapshifter books are very popular, also D/S (dominant/submissive) stories. Plus menage, including Female with several Male partners.

I've also noticed that some authors write different "levels" of romance/erotica. For instance, Maya Banks writes for Harlequin (Silhouette Desire) but has also written many books involving menage (which some people don't like at all).
So an author might have some books that are pretty tame and others that are very erotic. Just something to keep in mind.

Lora Leigh (totally my favorite), Cynthia Eden, Maya Banks, Annmarie McKenna, Shelly Laurenston, Jaid Black, Melissa Schroeder, Kate Douglas

My opinion is probably a little skewed b/c I've been reading this genre for so long. I don't really bat an eye anymore with subjects like menage and some D/S (as long as the writing is good). Plus there HAS TO BE the HEA (Happily Ever After)!

Weezie
Dear Weezie:

I agree! Menage and Dominant/Submissive are major. People have that fantasy side in them. People may never act out that fantasy... but their curiosity burns in them. I am familar with this bondage/ submission/ dominant fantasy. There is nothing wrong with broadening horizons. I think MOST of us have a dominant and a submissive side. Being submissive is a thrill as everything comes to you... you have no real voice ... it just all becomes a dark and rich fantasy. Likewise, multiple partners at once is SO intriquing to people. Many of the most dominant in our business world LONG to be submissive and feeling even "well used" for pleasure. I have seen this side.

So, your honesty helps. Now I feel better about trying to meet those needs with appropriate eBooks.

Check out "Todd Brady... Football Star" by Jackie Christian. I heard that is intriguing.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #78
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Manly Man takes what he wants when he wants it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
Ok.. lets edit. One woman. Not statuesque (I like them Michael Jordan built during his early 1990s, Matthew Lillard build types), no dieting. How about he just is a manly man who knows what he wants and takes it when he wants it? None of this playing games kind of crap..lol
Dear SimonSays:

Understand fully. Nobody has times for games anymore. There will be plenty on there that take and enjoy all!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #79
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Weezie:

I agree! Menage and Dominant/Submissive are major. People have that fantasy side in them. People may never act out that fantasy... but their curiosity burns in them. I am familar with this bondage/ submission/ dominant fantasy. There is nothing wrong with broadening horizons. I think MOST of us have a dominant and a submissive side. Being submissive is a thrill as everything comes to you... you have no real voice ... it just all becomes a dark and rich fantasy. Likewise, multiple partners at once is SO intriquing to people. Many of the most dominant in our business world LONG to be submissive and feeling even "well used" for pleasure. I have seen this side.

So, your honesty helps. Now I feel better about trying to meet those needs with appropriate eBooks.

Check out "Todd Brady... Football Star" by Jackie Christian. I heard that is intriguing.
Actually (please forgive the psychology babble) females of any species are hardwired to seek out the strongest alpha male in a group to produce strong offspring. The caveman hitting a woman over the head and dragging her off is a very common example.
In todays society such behaviors are considered barbaric and we're told not to look for that kind of man. Romance novels to a great existent are a way to allow a woman to have that vicariously.

This is why no matter what format you use romance novels will be top sellers.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #80
Robertb

Caveman psychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
Actually (please forgive the psychology babble) females of any species are hardwired to seek out the strongest alpha male in a group to produce strong offspring. The caveman hitting a woman over the head and dragging her off is a very common example.
In todays society such behaviors are considered barbaric and we're told not to look for that kind of man. Romance novels to a great existent are a way to allow a woman to have that vicariously.

This is why no matter what format you use romance novels will be top sellers.
Dear Bittybye:

I think you are right. I think there is that old urge to find the alpha male and be dragged off as a conquest! Yet... such behaviors are only in voque in eBooks or the bedroom (or kitchen table). So, that is where we are kind of left. Longing for the ancient way but respecting present parameters.

I remember when couples wrapped a great night out around watching "Behind the Green Door" in normal movie theaters in 3-D. That was five men on one women and everyone loved it and raved about how great it was. Now, somehow, we are more repressive.

I will get the content!!
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #81
Robertb

Leigh, Eden, Banks, McKenna... all there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeziepepper View Post

Weezie
Dear Weezie:

This certain website does have plenty of eBooks by all of the authors you mentioned. Thank you. At least I know I am on the right track!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #82
gbermor
Enthusiast
gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle/SO
This site is dedicated to romance and every year polls women on their favorite books published the previous year, you could check it out. http://www.likesbooks.com/awardpge.html#b I've found some really good reads there.
gbermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #83
Robertb

Will try that poll!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbermor View Post
This site is dedicated to romance and every year polls women on their favorite books published the previous year, you could check it out. http://www.likesbooks.com/awardpge.html#b I've found some really good reads there.
Dear gbermor:

I am going there now!!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 AM   #84
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Well, I like a good needlework book, myself. And I don't suppose that many men have a collection of knitting patterns.

Conversely, I don't know many women who read military history for fun.
You know one know - I like military history.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 AM   #85
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
You know one know - I like military history.
OTOH, as a male, I find military history a big yawn. Shows it doesn't pay to generalise.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #86
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
OTOH, as a male, I find military history a big yawn. Shows it doesn't pay to generalise.
I think generalising is ok, although it's true there will alway be exceptions.

I'm content to regard Romance as a generally female genre; and mil hist as a male one.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #87
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I tend to go for plot. If it's racy so be it, if it's not, that's okay too. I tend to find authors, that I like and then I read everything they write.

Lora Leigh, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, Jeffrey Carver, Christopher Paolini, Robert Jordan, Zane Grey, Meagan McKinney, Judith McNaught, Amanda Quick (not too much of the Jayne Anne Krentz stuff), Stephenie Meyer, Lauren Kate, Shelly Laurenston, Carole Nelson Douglas, J. R. Ward, Alexis Morgan, Kathleen Eagle, Elinor Glyn, Dana Marie Bell, Lisa Kleypas, etc.

Mostly I will read anything, if the plot is interesting and complex. I read most genres, except war stories. I hope that helps.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #88
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I like reading original male/male romances, science fiction, and fantasy. But not all male/male romances are erotica. I actually really like a good plot and a real romance with the two guys falling in love. The setting isn't nearly as important as the character development. Though it never hurts to have action and adventure. I'm not sure how that would fit as a category though.

I do read tradtional romances and the same rules apply in terms of story and character development being very important.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #89
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Yaoi novels? Well, at least for the happy ending and the romance. The plots tend to be quite the excuse... and I work in a fansub translating them, I've seen already authentic marvels xD
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #90
readinggal
Enthusiast
readinggal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Samsung Tablet w/ Nook App, PC w/ Windows 8 Kindle App
I do not read erotica... The only romance I have read is those written by Janet Evanovich. I like different Recipe Series cooking. For instance, Joanne Fluke, Miranda Bliss, Krista Davis. Then there is Sue Grafton and the other books by Janet Evanovich.
readinggal is offline   Reply With Quote