Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #76
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
TIRWAL tried but HANLIN library was not good.
He will have success integrating xPDF sooner than later, no doubt.
the Hanlin XPDF works ok. It is missing a few features like panning but is much better than nothing. What do you mean not good? They ship it as an alternative reader for PDF on both the V3 and V5.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #77
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirwal View Post
Hi:

Zoom 1 is fixed size (original size). Then, you choose rotate, and read it like XPDF.

Bye
Text is too small at that zoom level.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #78
angeloc
angeloc began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook V3
To Tirwal:

Is not the same because ADE doesn't scale the pdf to fit the page. So characters that can I read perfectly with the previuos firmware (xpdf) are tediuosly small on ADE.

It's really annoiyng ...
angeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #79
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Stupid question: are the above described features already available in the download link you provided?
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #80
angeloc

I've installed the latest version of HANLIN firmware, 2.20EN.

That's great! xPdf works well out of the box and the fit to width scal option is fantastic.

The annoyance I found is the status bar always visible, it wast a preciuos amount of screen space. I really hate it
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #81
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
What do you mean not good? They ship it as an alternative reader for PDF on both the V3 and V5.Dale
Beign more precise:
"Good" in the sense that was not easy to make it work after recompiling it with the rest of the mod firmware.

The fact is that BUGGINS is also having problems to make it work in his new SDK firmware.
http://mipapyreebookreader.blogspot....h/label/NewSDK

I didn't mean it was good in itself as reader.
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #82
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

To angeloc: I've a trick that perhaps may help you with that book looking so small:

You have to "cut off" the white margins on each side of page an read it in landscape view. It will get much better.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #83
angeloc

I know the trick, I'm not a totally noob.

But I don't want to modify my pdf if there is a predefined feature that should work.

I hate only the status bar alway visible. I have 800 pixel and 20 o 30 are waste ...

Really disappointing
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #84
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Wow, the Tigor-firmware is really impressive in comparison to the older Hanlin-versions.

Would it be possible to compile a V5-version as well?
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #85
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
Wow, the Tigor-firmware is really impressive in comparison to the older Hanlin-versions.

Would it be possible to compile a V5-version as well?
Probably Soon
Old 01-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #86
acolsandra
Enthusiast
acolsandra began at the beginning.

Device: bebook1, pocketbook 302
I downloaded 1.9. Wow, it's so quick with pageturning . I really love it. One question, is it possible to give a link in this thread to the newest software after it's uploaded? I went to the spanish site and I managed to download it, but my spanish isn't very good.
Tirwall
acolsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #87
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolsandra View Post
I went to the spanish site and I managed to download it, but my spanish isn't very good.
Tirwall
You have several translations in my blog TIRWAL FOR DUMMIES and you are welcome to ask in English whatever doubts you may have.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #88
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi:

New version Tirwal 2.0 with lastest CoolReader 140110 compilation, based in Old Kernel.

http://www.4shared.com/file/19977356...20_170110.html

Thanks
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #89
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
NEWS,
Russians are working on multiple viewer on each format.
for example, you can choose to use Adobe Reader for EPUB or back to the EPUB viewer. http://files.mail.ru/AF7VP5
Amended bookshelf:
- You can run the alternative reading room for multiple formats
Thank you very much for that link! For my reading preferences, the firmware that you linked to, seems to be a really great fit. Now I can read EPUB and FB2 with the same renderer and can avoid having to use ADE for EPUB. I had just about given up on EPUB because of the need to use ADE to render it.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #90
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
A couple questions from a Pocket Pro owner...if you don't mind

Hey there Hanlin Cousins!

I hope I'm not too off topic, but I have a few questions relating to this firmware project. I sort of overheard your conversation about new firmware for the V3, including speculation about a re-compilation (if that's proper computer programmerese) for the V5 so I've been reading through the thread and checking out some of the links posted by LARdt and Tirwal (¡Saludos Primos!).
  1. Can any Hanlin device use the firmware of any comparable Hanlin device, no matter the brand. For example, can the various V3 users here download the V3 firmware from the Astak (theEZReader.com) website and use it on their devices, and vice versa?
  2. If the latest build by Tirwal et al is compiled for the Hanlin V5, could I update my Pocket Pro 5 with it?
  3. If I did, could I easily go back to the original Astak firmware by re-flashing the device with it? (I know that's a n00b question...sorry.)
  4. Is the resident V3 software from whatever brand of V3 you're using inadequate? I assume it must be. I'm curious about the need to develop new firmware for it at all (although I applaud the effort, which seems to be executed very well, with positive results).
  5. Do you folks have any suggestions for me regarding my Pocket Pro? We're waiting for new firmware with better FB2 support, amongst other things. I only recently learned of FB2 and rather like what I've learned about it thus far.

Thanks for putting up with this little intrusion, which I hope was not too OT.

¡Gracias por aguantarme!

Cheers!

Last edited by Xochipilli2012; 03-10-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: clarity
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote