Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #76
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
the V8 is not going to be available in the western world (US and Central Europe)
Oh, really?
I know people from Germany, US, Canada, Israel and so on, who has ordered V8, and wiil get it in a month But if you pay attention only to official info, but not the facts - it's up to you
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #77
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
interesting indeed...but somehow i'd like to get the V2 model with it's linux OS and better hardware...althoug a really cheap deal on the V8 could make me change my mind...
I'd then use the V8 as an interim device and wait for the next generation of ereaders to get one with all the features I want and some on top then..^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #78
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Quote:
i'd like to get the V2 ... ...althoug a really cheap deal on the V8 could make me change my mind...

No devices - is bad
One device - no choice
More then one device - a problem of a choice...
Difficult decision
Old 06-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #79
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

make a convincing review TaKir....maybe you'll have some german customers then...^^
Old 06-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #80
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:

So nobody can know when the device will actually go on sale here in Germany for example because they have to finish the software for this market which could be done quickly but could also take a long time.
Getting the device in august would then appear probable, thus putting the V2 on line with the Sony Reader (if the rumour is true) in the US and shortly before the Iliad in Europe (if they stick to September).
What worries me about this turn of events is that it's quite possible there will be no distributors lined up for certain markets. I can imagine no company wanting to put in effort to localize a reader in order to go up against Sony and Philips in the US and Europe, for example.

It also seems to indicate that the pricing is wholesale pricing, and that distributors will then be adding a certain amount above and beyond the quoted price, making it a less attractive option :-(

I'm with you, Commander, I wanted one of these a year ago. I am standing here money in hand, waiting for someone to take it and give me a device. It's getting frustrating!
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #81
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I hope somebody gets the work done before I start spending the money for something else...

The fact that the V8 is starting to appear in russia in an "adapted" version is a good sign and maybe enough to let us hope that the Hanlin V2 will actually make it to the european and US market.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:55 AM   #82
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKir
Oh, really?
I know people from Germany, US, Canada, Israel and so on, who has ordered V8, and wiil get it in a month But if you pay attention only to official info, but not the facts - it's up to you
So how did they order it? I cannot seem to find any ordering info anywhere.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #83
Rechard
Rechard began at the beginning.

According to my experience , If you live in China, you can go to any Hanlin's agent to buy V8 directly . if no agent or oversea , send email to marketing@jinke.com.cn to order it.
Rechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #84
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

ic ... sending email to them now ... *twiddle thumbs*
Old 06-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #85
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
I was wondering if there has been a distributer lined up for the UK? Is there anyway of finding out potential distributers? If there is I would love to know so I can get my pre-order/Enquiry for pre-order for the V2 as soon as possible (The more of us that do this the more likely the device is picked up by the distributer)
Oh, and how about us Mobileread forumites arranging a pre-shipment? Since the reason I chose the V2 over the other competing devices is purely the way the company has been communicative here on these boards...thoughts...?
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:42 AM   #86
Snappy!
Addict

Well ... after a few emails ... they got back to me with the price. The shipping is a bit hefty for EMS US$60! *gasp*

So the v8 would cost $359 /w shipping! *yikes* ... compare that with an exporter/reseller like pricejapan ships their zaurus from Japan via EMS for only Y3000 (26.4932 USD) ... is it that expensive to ship via EMS from China??
Old 06-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #87
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

If you get one of those can you let us know how it feels to use it. I am looking forward to try an eink but with the Sony reader delayed, I would not mind getting an Jinke if people who use it like it. This is how I got my Nokia based on good reviews from regular users (with all due respect, professional reviewers ultimately do not really care about how the "device" feels, so while you can get an idea about pro's and con's from them, I put far more credence in a regular user's experiences).

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy!
Well ... after a few emails ... they got back to me with the price. The shipping is a bit hefty for EMS US$60! *gasp*

So the v8 would cost $359 /w shipping! *yikes* ... compare that with an exporter/reseller like pricejapan ships their zaurus from Japan via EMS for only Y3000 (26.4932 USD) ... is it that expensive to ship via EMS from China??
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #88
Snappy!
Addict

I'm pondering over the $359 pricetag right now ... granted its way cheaper than an iLiad ... but not that much cheaper. hmmm

dum dee dum
Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 AM   #89
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
well, its half the price. i'd say thats alot cheaper. But its about the same as the sony will be, and that looks much better.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:44 AM   #90
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

I don't know how to write a review of Jinke V8, but I can answer your questions about this device here.
English isn't my native language, so be indulgently ))