Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #76
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That (the DRM load fail) is just part of the entire log. In most cases, that should not stop other stuff (although there were 'thread safe' issues that I believe have been addressed)

If I read the last line: Your Catalog WAS created.
Preferences: Plugins: is where you can manually do Plugin managment
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #77
queenducky
queenducky began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I backed up my library. I deleted the app with the new update. Rebooted the PC. I reinstalled a previous version. I tried converting the new books, and it didn't work. I then deleted the new books, and rebooted the PC again. Re-added the new books, and they converted just fine.

Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions. I should have checked BEFORE I updated. You'd think I'd learn.
queenducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2020, 03:08 PM   #78
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenducky View Post
I backed up my library. I deleted the app with the new update. Rebooted the PC. I reinstalled a previous version. I tried converting the new books, and it didn't work. I then deleted the new books, and rebooted the PC again. Re-added the new books, and they converted just fine.

Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions. I should have checked BEFORE I updated. You'd think I'd learn.
DRM removal is done on import so yes, removing and re-adding the books would be needed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #79
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Easy peasy.
I ran a 4.23 standalone version on the desktop, installed kfx and dedrm plugins from file, imported my books from newly installed copy of Kindle for windows v1.16 and imported and converted all my books.
Shut that down and opened Calibre v5.1 and installed all the new books from the 4.23 library.
Doddle. All is good in my world.
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #80
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRoger View Post
Easy peasy.
I ran a 4.23 standalone version on the desktop, installed kfx and dedrm plugins from file, imported my books from newly installed copy of Kindle for windows v1.16 and imported and converted all my books.
Shut that down and opened Calibre v5.1 and installed all the new books from the 4.23 library.
Doddle. All is good in my world.
Yes, it seems as running a portable and installed version is becoming rather popular.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2020, 01:34 AM   #81
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you run 4.23 portable, you can safely open your main Calibre library with it. Though because of the 32-bit limitation, larger libraries might have memory problems.

The reason I suggested it the way I did in the first post is for those who use versions other than 4.23. I use 3.48 since I already have it available for the cases where I need the old viewer.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:53 AM   #82
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
If you run 4.23 portable, you can safely open your main Calibre library with it. Though because of the 32-bit limitation, larger libraries might have memory problems.
Pretty big might.

Calibre 32 bit portable opens my 160,000+ book media clippings library OK. Admittedly, there are no large comments or annotations, and only two composed columns.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:29 AM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

The reason I suggested it the way I did in the first post is for those who use versions other than 4.23. I use 3.48 since I already have it available for the cases where I need the old viewer.
But you are a different case. For most others, 3.48 and 5.x will not work together. 4.23 is needed with 5.x because of the database changes with 5.x. 4.23 is the only pre-5.x that fully works with the 5.x database. So when you mention running 3.48, please also mention that your specific situation so others don't think they can do the same thing and then have errors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #84
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Did you not see what I said to do in the FIRST POST. I wrote the instructions so that there was no sharing of libraries.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you not see what I said to do in the FIRST POST. I wrote the instructions so that there was no sharing of libraries.
Yes I did. But not everyone reads the entire thread. That's why I suggest you say when you say you also use 3.48.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:54 PM   #86
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Well I got tricked and had to uninstall and go back and re-install 4.23. But now I'm back at the problem that I started with- Calibre tells me that my version of Kobo isn't supported. Can I just ignore it? Or is it going to screw with my book transfers?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:00 AM   #87
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Well I got tricked and had to uninstall and go back and re-install 4.23. But now I'm back at the problem that I started with- Calibre tells me that my version of Kobo isn't supported. Can I just ignore it? Or is it going to screw with my book transfers?
Just follow the instructions in the warning message. It is a well discussed issue.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
What you could do is run 4.23 portable and the full install of 5.x. That way you can still remove the DRM and also run the latest Calibre. You do have to run Windows for this solution to work.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #89
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What you could do is run 4.23 portable and the full install of 5.x. That way you can still remove the DRM and also run the latest Calibre. You do have to run Windows for this solution to work.
You can use calibre portable in Linux.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #90
TRR
TRR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Owned,
I installed Calibre portable 5.1.0 and searched plugins for DeDrmand could not find it listed in plugins available. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
TRR
TRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm