Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #76
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That's why I asked you what sort of Kindle you are using.

And why I followed up by asking everyone else whether you would be better off using AZW3

Didn't know coronavirus effected people's comprehension - maybe I'll report to the WHO Ψ³

BR
I'd say your own comprehension was going here Red It's been stated that azw3 CAN'T be emailed.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #77
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lurker View Post
Yes, you asked that question. And I explained multiple times that I use whatever Calibre's default mobi format is. How was I supposed to know what the default format is off the top of my head? I needed someone knowledgeable with Calibre to say "this is the default mobi output in Calibre." Or, alternatively, I needed someone to point me to the place in preference where I could figure it out.

Thankfully in post #62 DNSB told me where to look.

Do you understand your question was literally impossible for me to answer unless someone told me where to look? In other words, do you understand that before post #62 your question was unanswerable?

Perhaps I'm reading the tone of your message wrong, but it comes across as condescending, like I'm some sort of idiot for not answering your question. Which would be ironic.
It was a note of IRONY directed at bookstooge - nothing to do with you. If he's offended I am sure he can speak for himself.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2020, 06:05 PM   #78
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
I'd say your own comprehension was going here Red It's been stated that azw3 CAN'T be emailed.
As I wrote back in post 30 I know diddlysquat - but you will also see that, until now, none of the other responders, including yourself, had the courtesy to respond to my proposition that the OP might be better of using AZW3.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:04 PM   #79
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
As I wrote back in post 30 I know diddlysquat - but you will also see that, until now, none of the other responders, including yourself, had the courtesy to respond to my proposition that the OP might be better of using AZW3.

BR
I responded multiple times that AWZ3 can't be emailed.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #80
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Save to disk does not have the use Author Sort feature.
Note: this jams the metadata into the book. Kindles do not use filenames for metadata
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2020, 11:05 PM   #81
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Save to disk does not have the use Author Sort feature.
Note: this jams the metadata into the book. Kindles do not use filenames for metadata
Not sure what you mean about save to disk? You can't use author_sort in the save to disk template? That save to disk does not place the author_sort in the ebook metadata? Well, at least for epub and azw3, it seems to.

Code:
    <dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Norton, Andre &amp; Lackey, Mercedes">Andre Norton</dc:creator>
    <dc:creator opf:role="aut">Mercedes Lackey</dc:creator>
The results in the attached image were from using this save to disk template:
Code:
{author_sort}/{title}/{author_sort} - {series:| |}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{title}
My normal template for save to disk truncates the author_sort to the first author for both directory and filename:
Code:
{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title}/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)} - {series:| |}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{title}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dir_list.png
Views:	58
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	178736  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote