Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #76
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@susmoka: You failed to follow step 1.

I have 114 (and growing, there's apparently going to be a metric shitton of KOA3 variants) different models to sort through, so, "Kindle", is a wee bit vague.

EDIT: At a glance, my best guess would be: OOB != factory FW. You need a factory FW, not simply an OOB device. Because that would be too easy .
Maybe you should number the steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susmoka View Post
Sorry, it’s a Kindle 9, and it came with the firmware 5.11.0 so I assumed it’s the factory FW?
You are still not following step 1. "Kindle 9" is meaningless in identifying for jail break purposes.

Factory firmware is the special firmware for use in the factory. Kindles come out of the box with customer firmware, not factory firmware.

If you do not read all the instructions carefully, you are in for many problems along the way.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Maybe you should number the steps.

You are still not following step 1. "Kindle 9" is meaningless in identifying for jail break purposes.

Factory firmware is the special firmware for use in the factory. Kindles come out of the box with customer firmware, not factory firmware.

If you do not read all the instructions carefully, you are in for many problems along the way.
#A: You post to a new thread or you post to a topic thread of your concern.
I.E: You do not just post to the topmost thread you see, the first place you see it.

#B: This forum expects people to read more than just the title of the thread.
I.E: Read the responses to your post shown above.

#1: The first post of a thread, such as this one, contain important information for the reader, please read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section: Identification
First, you need to identify your device. Just follow the instructions on this wiki page.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #78
susmoka
Enthusiast
susmoka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Sorry, it's a Kindle Basic 3 (2019), G0910L, KT4.
So if it hasn't come with a Factory FW, how can I install the Factory FW on it?
Sorry about the questions.

I have read that ''THIS REQUIRES A FACTORY IMAGE RUNNING ON YOUR KINDLE.''
But I don't know how to put a factory image on my Kindle? I assumed that 'Factory FW' just meant original firmware it came with.

Last edited by susmoka; 07-09-2019 at 04:08 PM.
susmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:14 PM   #79
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by susmoka View Post
Sorry, it's a Kindle Basic 3 (2019), G0910L, KT4.
So if it hasn't come with a Factory FW, how can I install the Factory FW on it?
Sorry about the questions.

I have read that ''THIS REQUIRES A FACTORY IMAGE RUNNING ON YOUR KINDLE.''
But I don't know how to put a factory image on my Kindle? I assumed that 'Factory FW' just meant original firmware it came with.
It looks like this is going to take many messages. Please start your own thread and include the above information and also PLEASE write the firmware version number your kindle is running. Nobody can read your mind and nobody can help without information.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #80
susmoka
Enthusiast
susmoka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I opened a new topic: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...97#post3865397

Thank you!
susmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #81
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Tweaked the first post a little bit to essentially warn that FW >= 5.12 should be considered evil, until proven otherwise.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #82
LarrxX
LarrxX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2019 (KT4)
I wanted to install the Screensavers hack, which led me down a rabbit hole on how to firs Jailbreak my device. I hae a KT4 presumably (Serial number GO910L) running FW 5.11.2. Can I install the factory FW 5.11.0? If not is there another way to JB? Or am I simply out of luck?

Btw, I've been hopping around the forum reading about all the amazing custom work you guys are doing in here and, wow! Amazing!
LarrxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@LarrxX: Nope, you're SOL.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #84
LarrxX
LarrxX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2019 (KT4)
Thanks for the lightning fast response, even though it's bad news :'(

Guess I'll have to wait and see and hope for the best...
LarrxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #85
sirezequiel
sirezequiel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hello, sorry for my English, I am using the translator.

I have the KIndle Oasis version of Firware 5.8.2.1, there is no way to do the Jailbreak ?.
sirezequiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #86
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirezequiel View Post
Hello, sorry for my English, I am using the translator.

I have the KIndle Oasis version of Firware 5.8.2.1, there is no way to do the Jailbreak ?.
Yes you can on firmwares up to 5.8.7.0.1.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hius07: Did I miss a factory image? I only have a 5.7.4 on hand for the KOA :?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #88
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@hius07: Did I miss a factory image? I only have a 5.7.4 on hand for the KOA :?
Yes, and versions up to 5.8.7.0.1 allow downgrading.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Huh. Good to know .
Old 07-23-2019, 11:47 PM   #90
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Updated the first post to mention that the brand-new Oasis 3 is unsupported, of course.

Call me the dream-crusher .

(I mean, the code is ready and all, someone "just" needs to come up with an actual exploit is all ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-23-2019 at 11:53 PM.