Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #76
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
How do I find that setting?
It is in

Preferences:Behavior On the right
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #77
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Thank you so much, I've been through the tweaks 3 times, but couldn't find anything.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #78
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you so much, I've been through the tweaks 3 times, but couldn't find anything.
My memory ain't what it used to be. Sorry for the false start.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #79
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

That's okay. I have now made at note for future reference
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #80
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is it possible to auto-fill an existing custom column based on another column?

I would like my ratings column to be auto-filled with Adults Only if the Publisher is Adult.Fanfiction.org. Can anyone help me with that?
Advert
Old 07-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #81
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Tanjamuse: Based on the site name, I assume you are downloading these with FFDL. If so, you can configure it to set the value of the column for the site. There was also a discussion earlier in the year about setting a rating based on the site or different ratings for the story.

For the stories you already have, you can select them all in the library and use the bulk metadata edit to set the value for the column.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #82
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I think I'll use the bulk metadata. Thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #83
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have a problem:

I would like to add icons to show what I have in my user categories, but it's not possible at the moment. Do any of you have any ideas?

Thanks BR for the image:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	126138  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #84
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I need some new help.

I would like to make a template (if you can) for adding an icon if there are more than 3 different fandoms connected to the same story.

I hope it's understandable.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #85
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think the multi column icon feature may be what you want, I think it works something like this

in column whatever display if fandom contains Christmas,
in column whatever display if fandom contains Idea,
in column whatever display if fandom contains I am a fool

You would get displayed in whatever if all three were true,
You would displayed in whatever if only Christmas and I am a Fool were true.

But see Multi icon column selector - broken ? for Catch-22

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #86
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have seen your post. I'm waiting for someone to correct it Do you know if I can make a custom column based on a user category?
Old 09-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #87
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have seen your post. I'm waiting for someone to correct it
What's wrong with my post? Did I use a banned word

Quote:
Do you know if I can make a custom column based on a user category?
That harks back to this problem

Seems that apart from thee and me no one had any ideas

I suspect both multi column icons and user categories are lesser used calibre features, hence integrating the two is not something many people would want to do.

Quote:
'My dear young friend,' said Mr. Micawber, 'I am older than you; a man of some experience in life, and - and of some experience, in short, in difficulties, generally speaking. At present, and until something turns up (which I am, I may say, hourly expecting), I have nothing to bestow but advice. Still my advice is so far worth taking, that - in short, that I have never taken it myself... .' - David Copperfield, Ch 16, Charles Dickens
BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-13-2014 at 08:23 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #88
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have a suggestion for the next update (I just don't know where to put it)

I would like to be able to see the icons I've added when I choose "Show book details".

Maybe above/in the top of the cover like when you choose to see the Cover grid.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #89
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I need some new help.

I would like to make a template (if you can) for adding an icon if there are more than 3 different fandoms connected to the same story.

I hope it's understandable.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think the multi column icon feature may be what you want, I think it works something like this
I read the request as "add an icon if (some column) has more than 3 values.

You do this with a custom rule, something like:
Code:
program:
	cmp(count(field('tags'), ','), 3, '', '', 'someicon.jpg')
where you replace 'tags' with the lookup name of the fandom column and 'someicon.jpg' with the name of the icon file you want.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #90
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I have a suggestion for the next update (I just don't know where to put it)

I would like to be able to see the icons I've added when I choose "Show book details".

Maybe above/in the top of the cover like when you choose to see the Cover grid.
Enhancement requests are made using the bug reporting system.

FWIW: this isn't something I am interested in doing, so unless Kovid takes it on it probably won't happen.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote