Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #76
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Fair enough. Still, I'd rather have a device shipped directly to me from the manufacturer, as opposed to something that's been through the WalMart supply chain.
I think I would still rather use Walmart. Free 2 day shipping and you can check your order status online.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #77
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think I would still rather use Walmart. Free 2 day shipping and you can check your order status online.
I agree.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #78
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
For some of us who live in extreme temps, having ship to store is an amazing option. I live in inland Southern California, where it can reach the 120s. My mailbox is too hot for electronics (think: easy bake oven, usps style) as I learned once with a mobile phone. Even Amazon lockers are inside buildings here. The inlaws live in Minnesota, and have had problems with orders in winter getting too cold. Knowing it'll be shipped and stored in a store to pick up is great, so Walmart's a great option in that regard.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #79
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
It’s a plastic device with a PCB. It can handle the heat just fine. It’s not a fruit cake.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #80
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Fair enough. Still, I'd rather have a device shipped directly to me from the manufacturer, as opposed to something that's been through the WalMart supply chain.
Right up the road (near the Amazon warehouses) they've built a huge new Walmart.com warehouse — so Walmart is quickly ramping up for online sales. The advantage of Walmart over Indigo (in my mind) is the two day shipping and easy returns, but I'm not as anti-Walmart as some folks seem to be here. I like some of the moves Walmart's new CEO has made (like treating employers better and paying them more). And I like that Amazon might have to compete with someone bigger than them for a change.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #81
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
It’s a plastic device with a PCB. It can handle the heat just fine. It’s not a fruit cake.
Plastic melts. Batteries can explode. Many user guides warn you not to leave small electronic devices in hot cars — and most products have temperature operating range limitations.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #82
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:

Well, for myself, living in the USA I'd be happier being able to have the option to return easily to Walmart.

My initial experience with Kobo when purchasing my Aura HD was a right pain. The device had issues, flickering lighting, multiple page turns all the time.

I exchanged thru Kobo, then received a device with pin holes in the light guide. That had to go back. Next I received a perfect device ... in the wrong color! I decided to keep that one, because with all the troubleshooting with CS and shipping back and forth, it was THREE MONTHS PLUS before I had a decent device in my hands to read on!

Also, Kobo CS did not feel like they knew their devices well. They seemed to think a factory reset could solve a physical problem like the pin holes in the light guide! They also did not trust that the customer indeed had a problem, I had to take multiple photos of the pin holes before they agreed to let me exchange again.

I was lucky with my Aura ONE ordered thru Chapters/Indigo out of Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #83
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Its Made in China Sold in Canada
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #84
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Well, for myself, living in the USA I'd be happier being able to have the option to return easily to Walmart.

My initial experience with Kobo when purchasing my Aura HD was a right pain. The device had issues, flickering lighting, multiple page turns all the time.

I exchanged thru Kobo, then received a device with pin holes in the light guide. That had to go back. Next I received a perfect device ... in the wrong color! I decided to keep that one, because with all the troubleshooting with CS and shipping back and forth, it was THREE MONTHS PLUS before I had a decent device in my hands to read on!

Also, Kobo CS did not feel like they knew their devices well. They seemed to think a factory reset could solve a physical problem like the pin holes in the light guide! They also did not trust that the customer indeed had a problem, I had to take multiple photos of the pin holes before they agreed to let me exchange again.

I was lucky with my Aura ONE ordered thru Chapters/Indigo out of Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AGREE!!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #85
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I just bought Clara HD despite the fake looking reviews and I pick up at store!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #86
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Let us know how it goes!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #87
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
When I eventually replace my aging Aura, I'll do the same. I don't care for Walmart, but ease of return sure is nice.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #88
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
This is my first kobo and I’m excited. Got a 10 dollar credit from Walmart ebooks and already bought The Tailsman by Stephen King and Peter Straub I believe. Should bee able to pick up after work saterday
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #89
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My local Walmart has the Kobo ebook display but no devices. It looks like they removed half of the print books to make room leaving about 6 feet of shelf space for books.

The movie DVD section is quite large.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #90
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
This is my first kobo and I’m excited. Got a 10 dollar credit from Walmart ebooks and already bought The Tailsman by Stephen King and Peter Straub I believe. Should bee able to pick up after work saterday
Says the lady that needed a new ereader like a whole in the head. (your own words in my attempt to paraphrase)

I wish you luck that the Kobo will be a smoother (buying) experience than the troubles you had/have with the Oasis2.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote