Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #76
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarly9922 View Post
Hi!

Here there are the first impressions of this ereader from CeBIT...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/03/v...boox-e-reader/
Again, I'm blown away by the software on this thing.

It may be the deciding factor when choosing between this and the txtr reader.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #77
layel
layel began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
I also waiting for txtr if it real look like the picture they show us.
layel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #78
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Also, does it appear to some to have a button on the back too?
Yes, but I was told it will most likely disappear.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #79
layel
layel began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, but I was told it will most likely disappear.
If that maybe a good news.
layel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #80
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Here is a different version (case only?) of the Onyx. Notice there seems to be a bar just below the display that is setup to allow reading with either hand and moving forward a page with your thumb.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdaby/3326792294/

Not sure how well it will work or even if it does, but nice to see more designs (mock-ups) which are hand agnostic.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #81
cheese bogart
Connoisseur
cheese bogart has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505 (Silver), Ipad
I prefer this black one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdaby/3...7614760262716/
cheese bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #82
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
neat. I missed that one because I saw the small shot but didn't really "see" it...I really like the longer bar which muse be intended for control, reading and navigation. I actually do not like the black with chrome case. I prefer the silver version here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdaby/3...7614760262716/

But back to the link you posted. The reader on the right side of that shot is interesting because it looks to have a couple of "jog wheels" or call them "scroll wheel" controls. If you have never use a PDA with those wheels, you would be surprised, if they are properly positioned, at what an elegant solution they are for reading and controlling your device, especially one handed. On the old Sony Clie PDA's the wheel can scroll up/down and also be used to select by pressing it inward like a button. The wheel also works in a context sensitive fashion. If in a menu or file system it works as a navigation/selection tool. When reading it can change pages, select text and activate menu's...pretty powerful and easy to use. If that is what those are, it is a very exciting thing. maybe...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #83
cheese bogart
Connoisseur

I hadn't noticed the jog wheels until you mentioned it. It is a good idea, as it allows the screen to be rotated also. That's the one problem I have with the cybook.

Perhaps I'm stuck in the 80's, but I still prefer the black and chrome one
Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #84
cheese bogart
Connoisseur

Has there been any news on release dates or prices of the various models?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #85
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Although this is an old thread, I thought it might be worth noting I translated the Onyx specifications from their website and this is what came out:
  • 6 inch E Ink® Vizplex® electronic paper display
  • touchscreen display supporting entire screen writing by hand input
  • 8 shade grayscale display
  • 532MHz processor
  • 128MB memory
  • 512MB inbuilt flash memory
  • USB 2.0, supports USB OTG (On-The-Go)
  • SD/MMC, supports SDHC
  • 3.5mm stereo audio jack
  • Wi-Fi network connectivity
  • 1600mAh lithium-ion battery
  • size: 196x121x10.6mm (length/width/height) (7.72x4.76x0.417 inches)
  • weight: 298 grams (10.51 ounces)
  • operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
It should also be noted that they report that the Onyx Boox is the first ebook reader device in the market which has been officially certified for Adobe SDK 9.1.

Last edited by AprilHare; 01-05-2010 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Imperial conversions.. :)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #86
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
and it can be ordered from www.dulinsbooks.com
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx