Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-16-2023, 03:15 PM   #76
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I had a follow up question about Action Chains.

Yesterday, I noticed about twenty of the titles in my Calibre were modified. However, I didn't update the metadata or anything else on the title myself.

This seemed to impact all the titles that had an "orphan_account" author from AO3.

I'm currently guessing that the Action Chain I added to move items from In-Progress to Abandoned touched on these titles since their last updated date was over a year ago. However, I'm not completely certain it's an Action Chain because I thought I had to select the title and then manually select which action to perform on the title.

Do you know any other way that so many titles could be modified without direct intervention?

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 03:50 PM   #77
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is this the Calibre-default last-modified? It's honestly not a very accurate measure as stuff like running a Quality Check can change it. The plugin Last Modified with a custom datetime column is far more customizable.

But in this specific situation, yes, running single-field edits with Action Chains can modify it, both default and plugin. There's one exception:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
If you want to preserve the last modified column(s), stick to templates, because unlike pre-defined option it will check with the old value before updating. Returning "else $columnname" will not count as modification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Also, in most cases the calibre db layer checks if the item is being set to itself and doesn't change last_modified.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2023, 03:58 PM   #78
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is this the Calibre-default last-modified? It's honestly not a very accurate measure as stuff like running a Quality Check can change it. The plugin Last Modified with a custom datetime column is far more customizable.

But in this specific situation, yes, running single-field edits with Action Chains can modify it, both default and plugin. There's one exception:
I think this is the Calibre "modified" column, I haven't installed the plugin to manage the "Last Modified" date. Though now I'm going to check it out! maybe it'll have a log to say what last modified the title.

But if the Action Chain is only modifying a single field then how were over 20 titles modified? I didn't use any "Action Chain" modifications yesterday. Do you know if the template "Action Chains" run in the background?

I'm not 100% sure that the Action Chain did anything but I can't think of anything else that would modify titles on it's own.

Thanks for responding so quickly!
Amalthia
Old 08-16-2023, 04:10 PM   #79
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Action Chains only runs on-demand. There are a few instances where it can run a chain upon an 'event' (e.g. changing virtual library tabs) but you need to deliberately set that up.

Did you recently make any changes to orphan_author except adding or removing a book? Even adding a URL (or FanFicFare doing that) can cause every book to change (last row before the summary):

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-16 17_07_40-Manage authors.png
Views:	67
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	203185

Name:	2023-08-16 17_08_57-SimCity 4_ Deluxe Edition -Prima's Official Strategy Guide (the current book.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	203186

Name:	2023-08-16 17_09_00-The Movies - Prima Official Game Guide (the current book).png
Views:	60
Size:	877.5 KB
ID:	203187

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-16-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:19 PM   #80
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Action Chains only runs on-demand.

Did you recently make any changes to orphan_author except adding or removing a book? Even adding a URL (or FanFicFare doing that) can cause every book to change (last row before the summary):
Yesterday, I only used FanFicFare to update some anthologies and stories. I didn't do anything else due to lack of time. I did find one of the Anthologies had an "orphan_account" author, so maybe that triggered something with the rest of the "orphan_accounts?" I mean that theory makes sense, they probably all share something in the metadata.opf file.

I've installed a plugin "Audit Log" so I can monitor for the next week and see if this happens again.

Thanks for brainstorming with me and presenting some options.

Amalthia
Advert
Old 08-16-2023, 04:23 PM   #81
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yeah, I've seen mass-modifications after updating a story, especially when I re-enabled author URLs. Jim would likely know better than me what exactly all gets changed, so asking in the FFF thread might get you a better idea.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:25 PM   #82
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

For what it matters, here's all the Last Modified plugin options. You can set up multiple columns with different options.

Name:	2023-08-16 17_24_39-Settings.png
Views:	127
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	203188

Under 'book metadata changed' you can blacklist or whitelist specific columns. (Thankfully, you can ignore composite ones!)

Name:	2023-08-16 17_24_44-Fields Dialog.png
Views:	107
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	203189

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-16-2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:30 PM   #83
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
For what it matters, here's all the Last Modified plugin options. You can set up multiple columns with different options.

Attachment 203188

Under 'book metadata changed' you can blacklist or whitelist specific columns. (Thankfully, you can ignore composite ones!)

Attachment 203189
I'll download this plugin too! It looks useful.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:23 AM   #84
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Sharing my current personal.ini (some lines removed since they were too specific to the fandoms I download from) and how the epub looks with my setup. I'm not sure how these settings will handle anthologies. I only download from Ao3 so I can't help with other sites.

personal.ini

[defaults] section
Spoiler:
Code:
[defaults]
always_login:true

## Date formats used by FanFicFare.  Published and Update don't have time.
## See http://docs.python.org/library/datetime.html#strftime-strptime-behavior
## Note that ini format requires % to be escaped as %%.
datePublished_format:%%B %%d, %%Y
dateUpdated_format:%%B %%d, %%Y

category_label:Fandom
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters
additional_characters_label:Additional Characters
dateRange_label:Date

add_to_extra_valid_entries:,additional_characters,dateRange,icon_bookmarked,icon_subscribed,icons,prefix_category,prefix_rating,prefix_ships,prefix_status,prefix_wordcount

include_in_additional_characters:characters
include_in_prefix_ships:ships
include_in_prefix_category:category
include_in_prefix_rating:rating
include_in_prefix_status:status
include_in_prefix_wordcount:numWords
include_in_dateRange:datePublished,dateUpdated
include_in_icons:icon_bookmarked,rating,icon_subscribed

keep_in_order_category:true
keep_in_order_characters:true
keep_in_order_fandoms:true
keep_in_order_genre:true
keep_in_order_ships:true

keep_in_order_additional_characters:true
keep_in_order_dateRange:true
keep_in_order_icons:true
keep_in_order_prefix_category:true
keep_in_order_prefix_ships:true

add_to_output_css:
 body {
  text-align: left;
  font-family: 'Noto Sans', sans-serif;
 }
 body.fff_titlepage {
  font-size: 2.5vmax;
  font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;
 }
 hr {
  display: block;
  border: 0; border-top: 1px solid;
  padding: 0;
 }
 .hr-sect {
  display: flex;
  flex-basis: 100%%;
  align-items: center;
  text-align: center;
  margin: 5px 0px;
 }
 .hr-sect:before,
 .hr-sect:after {
   content: "";
   flex-grow: 1;
   height: 1px;
   border: 0; border-top: 1px solid;
   font-size: 0px;
   line-height: 0px;
   margin: 0px 8px;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .title h1,
 .fff_titlepage .title h2 {
  font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;
  font-size: 3vmax;
  margin: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .title h1 { font-weight: normal; }
 .fff_titlepage .title h1 a { font-weight: bold; } 
 .fff_titlepage .title a,
 .fff_titlepage .tags a,
 .fff_titlepage .tag-summary-content a {
  text-decoration: none;
  color: unset;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .tag-summary-content a {
  font-style: italic;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .tag-summary-content p {
  margin-top: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .tags {
  padding: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage dl .inline dd {
   display: inline;
   margin: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage dl .inline dd:after {
   content: '';
 }
 .fff_titlepage dl .inline dt {
   display: inline-block;
 }
 .fff_titlepage dd { margin-left: 0.75em; }
 .fff_titlepage dl, .fff_titlepage dt { margin: 0; }
 @media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px),
 only screen and (min-device-width: 768px) and (max-device-width: 1024px) {
 	body.fff_titlepage { font-size: inherit; }
 }

exclude_metadata_pre:
 category=~(.*) - Fandom
 additional_characters=~(Original|Various) Character\(?s?\)?
 freeformtags,genre==Other Additional Tags to Be Added
 warnings==Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
 warnings==No Archive Warnings Apply
## Exclude all entries that don't have / or &
 ships,prefix_ships!~(.*)(\/| & )(.*)
## Exclude friendships in the ship tag
## remove this if you still want to see them
 ships,prefix_ships=~(.*) & (.*)
## Exclude ship tags that are "implied/mentioned"
 prefix_ships=~^(.*)\(?(implied|mentioned)\)?

replace_metadata:
 rating=> Audiences=>
 category,prefix_category=>No Fandom=>Original Work
 category,prefix_category=> \(?(- All Media Types|- Fandom|Movies|Movie [0-9]+|Comics|TV|Video Games?)\)?$=>
## Change / to & if friendship is mentioned
 ships=>(.*)[/](.*) \(?[Ff]riendship(?: only)\)?=>\1 & \2
## Remove unnecessary info in character tags to make it cleaner on the titlepage
 additional_characters,ships=>(\s\(?(Avatar|Disney|Dragon Age|DCU|DWP|Doctor Who.*|Grey's Anatomy|Once Upon a Time|Resident Evil|Station 19|Supergirl TV 2015)\)?)=>
 additional_characters=> - Character=>
 additional_characters=> ?\((cameo|briefly|if you squint|sort of)\)=>
 additional_characters=> \([Cc]haracter\)=>
 additional_characters=>\(mentions of\) =>
 category,ships= - Fandom$=>
 ships=> - Relationship=>
## Standardize names for consistency
 ships,prefix_ships=>(OFC\/OFC)|(Original Female Character\/Original Female Character)=>Original Female Character(s)/Original Female Character(s)
## Prioritize specific Dragon Age/Mass Effect entry
 category_LIST=>^(Dragon Age( \(Video Games\))?\, )(Dragon Age(:? (Inquisition|II|Origins)))(\, .*)?=>\3\6
 category_LIST=>^(Mass Effect( \(Video Games\))?\, )(Mass Effect(:? (Trilogy|Andromeda)))(\, .*)?=>\3\6
 prefix_category_LIST=>^(\[c\] Dragon Age( \(Video Games\))?\, )(\[c\] Dragon Age(:? (Inquisition|II|Origins)))(\, \[c\].*)?=>\3\6
 prefix_category_LIST=>^(\[c\] Mass Effect( \(Video Games\))?\, )(\[c\] Mass Effect(:? (Trilogy|Andromeda)))(\, \[c\].*)?=>\3\6
## Make specific Inquisitor/Warden name the main ship instead of generic
 ships_LIST,prefix_ships_LIST=>^(.*Inquisitor.*)\, (.*(Adaar|Cadash|Lavellan).*)=>\2
 ships_LIST,prefix_ships_LIST=>^(.*(Adaar|Cadash|Lavellan).*)\, (.*Inquisitor.*)=>\1
 ships_LIST,prefix_ships_LIST=>^(.*Warden.*)\, (.*(Amell|Brosca|Cousland|Aeducan|Mahariel|Surana|Tabris).*)=>\2
 ships_LIST,prefix_ships_LIST=>^(.*(Amell|Brosca|Cousland|Aeducan|Mahariel|Surana|Tabris).*)\, (.*Warden.*)=>\1
## Get first item in list for prefixed tag
## only used with category and ships since they can have multiple entries
 prefix_category_LIST=>^(.*?)(\,.*)=>\1
 prefix_ships_LIST=>^(.*?)(\,.*)=>\1
## Determine icons to show in title page
 icon_bookmarked=>True=>Bookmarked
 icon_subscribed=>True=>Subscribed
 icon_bookmarked=>False=>Not Bookmarked
 icon_subscribed=>False=>Not Subscribed
## Show bookmarked icon, show rating, show subscribed icon
 icons_LIST=>^(Bookmarked\, (.*)\, Subscribed)$=>�� \2 ��
## Don't show bookmarked icon, show rating, don't show subscribed icon
 icons_LIST=>^(Not Bookmarked\, (.*)\, Not Subscribed)$=>◈ \2 ◈
## Don't show bookmarked icon, show rating, show subscribed icon
 icons_LIST=>^(Not Bookmarked\, (.*)\, Subscribed)$=>�� \2 ◈
## Show bookmarked icon, show rating, don't show subscribed icon
 icons_LIST=>^(Bookmarked\, (.*)\, Not Subscribed)$=>�� \2 ◈
## Add prefix to tags
 prefix_ships=>^(.*)=>[p] \1
 prefix_category=>^(.*)=>[c] \1
 prefix_rating=>^(.*)=>[r] \1
 prefix_status=>^(.*)=>[s] \1
## Get word count grouping
 prefix_wordcount=>^(\d+|([0-4],\d{3})*|5,000)$=>[w] 0 - 5000
 prefix_wordcount=>^((?!5,000)([5-9],\d{3})*|10,000)$=>[w] 5001 - 10000
 prefix_wordcount=>^((?!10,000)(1\d,\d{3})*|20,000)$=>[w] 10001 - 20000
 prefix_wordcount=>^((?!20,000)([2-3]\d,\d{3})*|40,000)$=>[w] 20001 - 40000
 prefix_wordcount=>^((?!40,000)([4-7]\d,\d{3})*|80,000)$=>[w] 40001 - 80000
 prefix_wordcount=>^((?!80,000)(([8-9]\d)|(\d{3,}))(,\d{3})+)$=>[w] 80000
## Get date range with published date and updated date
## Thanks to JimmXinu for this
## diff dates     1pmonth    2pday        3pyear   4umonth    5uday        6uyear
 dateRange_LIST=>([^\s]+)\s+(\d{1,2})\,\s+(\d{4})\,\s([^\s]+)\s+(\d{1,2})\,\s+(\d{4})=>\1 \2, \3-\4 \5, \6
## same year      1          2            3        4          5
 dateRange_LIST=>([^\s]+)\s+(\d{1,2})\,\s+(\d{4})-([^\s]+)\s+(\d{1,2})\,\s+\3=>\1 \2-\4 \5, \3
## same month     1          2              3            4
 dateRange_LIST=>([^\s]+)\s+(\d{1,2})-\1\s+(\d{1,2})\,\s+(\d{4})=>\1 \2-\3, \4
## don't need regexp for date day, handled by de-dup.

exclude_metadata_post:
## Removes the character in additional_characters metadata if they are already included in ships metadata
 additional_characters=~Char A&&ships=~Char A

add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 additional_characters=>#additional_characters
 bookmarked=>#work_bookmarked
 subscribed=>#work_subscribed
 chapterslashtotal=>#chapters
 dateRange=>#date_range
 freeformtags=>#additional_tags

## first ship, first category, rating, status, word count - all prefixed in Calibre's tags
include_subject_tags:prefix_ships_LIST,prefix_category_LIST,prefix_rating,prefix_status,prefix_wordcount

titlepage_start:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
 <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 <head>
 <title>${title} by ${author}</title>
 <link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
 <meta name="calibre-html-render-data"/>
 </head>
 <body class="fff_titlepage">
 <div class="title">
 <h1><a href="${storyUrl}">${title}</a> by ${authorHTML}</h1>
 </div>
 <div class="hr-sect">${icons}</div>
 <dl class="tags">

## ${id}, ${label}, ${value}
titlepage_entry:
 <dt><b>${label}:</b></dt> <dd>${value}</dd>

## ${id}, ${label}, ${value}
## Used with entries listed in wide_titlepage_entries, typically description, storyUrl, authorUrl
titlepage_wide_entry:

## When using tables, make these span both columns.
wide_titlepage_entries:

## ${id}, ${value}
## For example, if you've set description_label:
## (that is, nothing)
titlepage_no_title_entry:

## metadata
titlepage_end:
## <dl class="stats">
## </dl>
 </dl>
 <div class="hr-sect">${numWords} ◈ ${chapterslashtotal}</div>
 <div class="tag-summary-content">${description}</div>
 </body>
 </html>

[test1] section for test stories
Spoiler:

Code:
[test1.com]
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,additional_characters,ships_all,prefix_category,prefix_ships,icons,icon_bookmarked,icon_subscribed,dateRange,chapterslashtotal

include_in_ships_all:ships
keep_in_order_ships_all:true

additional_characters_label:Characters After Filtering
characters_label:All Characters
dateRange_label:Date
icon_bookmarked_label:Bookmarked
icon_subscribed_label:Subscribed
prefix_category_label:Prefix Category
prefix_ships_label:Prefix Ships
ships_all_label:All Ships
ships_label:Ships After Filtering

titlepage_entries:<div class="inline">,seriesHTML,category,warnings,</div>,ships_all,characters,ships,additional_characters.SHOW_EMPTY,<div class="inline">,dateRange,</div>

add_to_output_css:
 body.fff_titlepage {
  background-color: #1B1B1B;
  color: white;
 }

[teststory] section for additional tests
Spoiler:
Code:
[teststory:defaults]
## http://test1.com?sid=12345
add_to_valid_entries:,icon_bookmarked,icon_subscribed,dateRange,chapterslashtotal,rating
title:{{storyId}} General
author_list:{{storyId}}
category_list:Category 1,Category 2,Category 3
characters_list:Char A,Char B,Char C,Char D,Char E
ships_list:Char A/Char B,Original Female Character/Original Female Character,Char C/Char D
# ships_list:Char A/Char B,Char B & Char C,Char A & Char B,Char C/Char D,Char B/CharC
icon_bookmarked:Bookmarked
icon_subscribed:Subscribed
description:<p>Show all categories, ships, characters (with and without prefix). Show bookmarked and subscribed icons at the top horizontal line if true. Show main ship and category.</p><p>Prioritize more specific categories for Dragon Age and Mass Effect.</p>
chapterslashtotal:1/1
datePublished:2023-1-1
dateUpdated:2023-1-1
numWords:13546
Rating:General

[teststory:10001]
## http://test1.com?sid=10001
title:{{storyId}} Entry with specified Inquisitor as main ship
category_list:Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dragon Age - All Media Types   
icon_subscribed:Not Subscribed
ships_list:Female Inquisitor/Vivienne, Female Adaar/Vivienne
characters_list:Female Inquisitor,Vivienne,Female Adaar
chapterslashtotal:1/2
dateUpdated:2023-1-10
numWords:1132
Rating:Explicit

[epub], [archiveofourown.org], [overrides] section
Spoiler:
Code:
[epub]
include_images:true
make_firstimage_cover:false
jpg_quality:100
convert_images_to:png
remove_transparency: false
no_image_processing: true

[archiveofourown.org]
use_view_full_work:true
include_in_genre:
## originally had freeformtags, ao3categories

include_in_icon_bookmarked:bookmarked
include_in_icon_subscribed:subscribed

freeformtags_label:Additional Tags
freefromtags_label:Additional Tags
ao3categories_label:Category

keep_in_order_ao3categories:true
keep_in_order_freeformtags:true

## The basic pattern used when not using add_chapter_numbers or
## mark_new_chapters
chapter_title_def_pattern:${title}

## Pattern used with add_chapter_numbers, but not mark_new_chapters
chapter_title_add_pattern:${number}. ${title} ◈ ${date}

## Pattern used with mark_new_chapters, but not add_chapter_numbers
## (new) is just text and can be changed.
chapter_title_new_pattern:${title} ◈ ${date} | (NEW)

## Pattern used with add_chapter_numbers and mark_new_chapters
## (new) is just text and can be changed.
chapter_title_addnew_pattern:${number}. ${title} ◈ ${date} | (NEW)

## extra tags (comma separated) to include, primarily for epub.
extratags:

titlepage_entries:<div class="inline">,seriesHTML,category,warnings,</div>,ships,additional_characters,freeformtags,<div class="inline">,dateRange,</div>

add_to_output_css:
 body.fff_titlepage {
  background-color: #980101;
  color: white;
 }

[overrides]
use_basic_cache:true
is_adult:true

strip_chapter_numbers:true
add_chapter_numbers:true

mark_new_chapters:latestonly

replace_xbr_with_hr:3
replace_hr:false
replace_br_with_p:true
keep_empty_tags:p,td,th

Custom columns:
Spoiler:

#additional_characters: long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser
#additional_tags: long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser
#category_all: Text, columm shown in the Tag browser
#category_first: Column built from other columns, behaves like tags (template: {#category_all:list_item(0,\,)} )
#chapters: Long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser
#date_range: Long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser
#ship_all: Text, columm shown in the Tag browser
#ship_first: Column built from other columns, behaves like tags (template: {#ship_all:list_item(0,\,)} )
#wordcount: Column built from other columns, behaves like tags (template: program: getWordCountGroup() )
#metadata: Long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser (used for "Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column" update mode)

#wordcount template function getWordCountGroup (based on ownedbycats' template):
Code:
program:
	getWordCount = field('#words');
	wordCount = re(getWordCount, '[,]', '');
	first_non_empty(
		cmp(wordCount, 5000,  'Less than 5000', '', ''),
		cmp(wordCount, 10000, 'Less than 10000', '', ''),
		cmp(wordCount, 20000, 'Less than 20000', '', ''),
		cmp(wordCount, 40000, 'Less than 40000', '', ''),
		cmp(wordCount, 80000, 'Less than 80000', '', ''),
		'Over 80000'
);

Generate Cover
Utilizes the category_first/ship_first custom columns.

These two are up to your preference, but if you want to fit the text properly, probably best to make the cover size large.
- Font sizes: 100+
- Cover size: 2000+ width x 2000+ height

Field order (image is unchecked, it pushes down author and custom text):
- Title
- Series
- Author
- Custom text

Custom text field:
Code:
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯​
{#category_first}{#ship_first:|\n|}
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯​
{#audience} • {#words} • {#chapters}
{#date_range}
Series text field:
Code:
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯​<br>{series}<br>❖ Book {series_index} ❖<br>⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯​
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Book Details.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	204090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre book viewer with chapter and dates.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	204091   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generate Cover.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	531.7 KB
ID:	204092   Click image for larger version

Name:	FanFicFare Settings.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	551.5 KB
ID:	204093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tag browser.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	700.9 KB
ID:	204094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Epub open on mobile.png
Views:	87
Size:	493.8 KB
ID:	204095  

Last edited by culytera; 10-04-2023 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Added exclude_metadata_post in [defaults] for removing redundant characters already mentioned in ships
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 08:12 PM   #85
shinykari
shinykari doesn't littershinykari doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libre2
I am trying to use "replace_metadata" to standardize fandom tags, and have come across an annoyance. Older fic is often tagged "Hockey RPF," but a few years ago, AO3 changed the official name of the fandom to "Men's Hockey RPF," which is what I prefer to use in my library. I have the following in my FFF personal.ini:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 category,genre=>Hockey RPF=>Men's Hockey RPF
This works great for the older fics, but since the new fics also have "Hockey RPF" as part of their tag, it changes them to "Men's Men's Hockey RPF."

Is there a way to only match the full tag, so that the shorter tag is changed but the longer (already correct) tag stays the same?
shinykari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 08:32 PM   #86
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinykari View Post
I am trying to use "replace_metadata" to standardize fandom tags, and have come across an annoyance. Older fic is often tagged "Hockey RPF," but a few years ago, AO3 changed the official name of the fandom to "Men's Hockey RPF," which is what I prefer to use in my library. I have the following in my FFF personal.ini:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 category,genre=>Hockey RPF=>Men's Hockey RPF
This works great for the older fics, but since the new fics also have "Hockey RPF" as part of their tag, it changes them to "Men's Men's Hockey RPF."

Is there a way to only match the full tag, so that the shorter tag is changed but the longer (already correct) tag stays the same?
Line anchors.

Code:
 category=>^Hockey RPF$=>Men's Hockey RPF
Old 12-04-2023, 08:45 PM   #87
wildfire070
wildfire070 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Scribe, Paperwhite // Boox Palma
On that note, I'm trying to use replace_metadata to replace the "&" character with the word "and". I'm using:

Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags,genre=>&=>and
But it produces "andamp;" instead of "and"

For example:

A & B turns into A andamp; B
wildfire070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:19 PM   #88
wildfire070

Figured it out.

Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags,genre=>&amp;=>and
Old 12-04-2023, 10:14 PM   #89
wildfire070

Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
I remove characters if they're already mentioned in the relationship tag (since you have to manually input each character, I don't cover all of them, only the ones with multiple fics in my library):
Code:
exclude_metadata_pre:
 characters=~CHARACTER_NAME&&ships=~CHARACTER_NAME
 ## The below line specifically to exclude relationship tags that don't have / or & since some authors put "ship_name relationship" in the relationship tags and I want the tags to be consistent and not redundant
 ships!~(.*)[/&](.*)
I can't get this to work with my Ao3 fics since the character names are, for example "Tom", "Bill", and "Sandy" but the relationship are "Tom/Sandy" or "Sandy/Bill". Any suggestions?
Old 12-05-2023, 01:42 AM   #90
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
I can't get this to work with my Ao3 fics since the character names are, for example "Tom", "Bill", and "Sandy" but the relationship are "Tom/Sandy" or "Sandy/Bill". Any suggestions?
Worked fine for me with either pre or post exclude_metadata.

Test story
Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,additional_characters
include_in_additional_characters:characters

[test1.com]
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,additional_characters
additional_characters_label:Characters After Filtering

[teststory:10010]
title:{{storyId}} Filtered character list
category_list:Test Character Filtering with Tom, Sandy and Bill 
icon_subscribed:Subscribed
ships_list:Tom/Sandy, Sandy/Bill
characters_list:Tom, Sandy, Bill, Another character not filtered
chapterslashtotal:1/2
dateUpdated:2023-1-10
numWords:1132
Rating:General
description:<p>Test character filtering with characters placed in different order</p>
Exclude
Code:
exclude_metadata_post:
 additional_characters=~Bill&&ships=~Bill
 additional_characters=~Sandy&&ships=~Sandy
 additional_characters=~Tom&&ships=~Tom
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	char_filtering.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	205047