Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #76
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
How does it work with audiobooks? Are there any improvements over the stock audiobook player?
Haven't been on in a while so just saw this. I have no idea, as I haven't listened to any audiobooks on it. I think with Rockbox you can change the playback speed, but I don't really know anything else about the audiobook functionality.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #77
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
So, speaking of SanDisk players. I had to bring up a chat with Audible and have them deactivate the 3 clip zips. It didn't work when I tried it. I managed to get my 2 Clip Sports activated (he said so in the chat) but have yet to get any audible books on to the devices. So irritating. Maybe I'll just save them for library books and listen to all Audible books on my Windows NCP.

ETA: WOW. How did I not know this? (Apparently neither does tech support)

NOTE: Sansa Clip Sports and Sansa Clip Jam are not compatible with .aax file formats.

This is from Sandisk.com.

Quote:
So the Clip Sport Can NOT play Audible files.
ETA - I found out the problem. I didn't realize I could choose a different format when downloading Audible files. I downloaded format 4, and it loaded onto the Sport with no problems. Yay!

Last edited by booklover6; 09-09-2016 at 01:07 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #78
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
So, speaking of SanDisk players. I had to bring up a chat with Audible and have them deactivate the 3 clip zips. It didn't work when I tried it. I managed to get my 2 Clip Sports activated (he said so in the chat) but have yet to get any audible books on to the devices. So irritating. Maybe I'll just save them for library books and listen to all Audible books on my Windows NCP.

NOTE: Sansa Clip Sports and Sansa Clip Jam are not compatible with .aax file formats.

ETA - I found out the problem. I didn't realize I could choose a different format when downloading Audible files. I downloaded format 4, and it loaded onto the Sport with no problems. Yay!
All this hassle about activating/deactivating devices and worrying about the file formats and possible future lack of support are reasons I convert everything to mp3 before loading on my Sansa device.

Glad you got it straightened out, though.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:24 PM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

Wow! SanDisk needs to correct the descriptions of these players.

EDIT: thanks for the heads up. I changed the specs in the OP to read as such:
  • Books --> Audible 4, MP3 --> Audible e (.aax) not supported

Quote:
PLAY AUDIO FILES IN MANY POPULAR FORMATS
You’re free to play your whole music collection on your Clip Jam™ player. Simply drag, drop and play the tunes you want to hear—whether they’re MP3, WMA (no DRM), AAC (DRM-free iTunes), and Audible (DRM only). The Clip Jam™ player is your own personal DJ.
Quote:
COMPATIBILITY AND WARRANTY
The SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Player is compatible with common MP3 and AAC audio file formats, along with Audible (DRM only), FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, and WMA (no DRM) files. It is backed by a one-year limited warranty (United States only). See warranty period for your region.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-10-2016 at 03:55 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #80
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Firmware Updates -- latest firmware versions for all 5 models per support pages (also linked in OP)
Advert
Old 09-12-2016, 02:02 AM   #81
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:

Yet my sansa jam plays audible enhanced format
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #82
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Firmware Updates -- latest firmware versions for all 6 models
Note: red = discontinued models

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-27-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 AM   #83
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

One of my Clip+s will no longer hold a charge. I won't replace it. I still have another Clip+ and 2 Clip Zips. I find myself using them less and less as time goes by. Instead, I'm relying more on no contract phones for audio playback. My current NCP is an LG Tribute HD.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #84
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
One of my Clip+s will no longer hold a charge. I won't replace it. I still have another Clip+ and 2 Clip Zips. I find myself using them less and less as time goes by. Instead, I'm relying more on no contract phones for audio playback. My current NCP is an LG Tribute HD.
I was just given a new phone by Republic. (Yeah, totally free, because it's apparently costing them more to support older phones like my first-gen Moto E than it is to just give me a Moto G4 Play.) I stuck a 128GB sd card in it and I'm testing out using it for portable audio. I've never liked mixing my phone and audio, but the sound quality is just as good as my iPod Touch and Clip +, so I'm gonna try it.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #85
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I was just given a new phone by Republic. (Yeah, totally free, because it's apparently costing them more to support older phones like my first-gen Moto E than it is to just give me a Moto G4 Play.) I stuck a 128GB sd card in it and I'm testing out using it for portable audio. I've never liked mixing my phone and audio, but the sound quality is just as good as my iPod Touch and Clip +, so I'm gonna try it.
Could you give me some details in how you got the updated phone? Pretty sure I have a first-gen Moto E too from Republic Wireless.
S

Oops, never mind! Son just informed me it is a G not an E.

Last edited by silverraven; 05-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #86
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Could you give me some details in how you got the updated phone? Pretty sure I have a first-gen Moto E too from Republic Wireless.
S

Oops, never mind! Son just informed me it is a G not an E.
Yeah, I don't think they'll be replacing the earlier gen G phones for a while. But what they did is send me an email offering to upgrade me. All I had to do was agree to give up my grandfathered refund plan and select a new plan, but I'm not spending any more money than I was before. In fact, on those months when I use most of my data, I'll come out ahead because the full cost of my refund plan was $24 and my new one is $20.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have two clips collecting dust. I use my Fire Phone or LG Volt for audio. First is they do Audible, Overdrive and Hoopla with no need for connecting to a PC and transferring anything. The Fire phone wont play Scribd books but my Volt will.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #88
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
If any Clips are gathering dust, you might want to consider trading them in at Amazon for a gift card. Generally, the older the model, the higher the price--as long as it still works.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #89
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Or, offer them on here for sale. I bet there are a few people that would love to buy them!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Or, offer them on here for sale. I bet there are a few people that would love to buy them!
S
Wanna buy my broken Clip+? It has a dead battery and the clip is missing.