Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #76
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden is FREE at most retailers. Published by Bethany House. GR rating over 4.0

http://www.amazon.com/Into-Whirlwind...+the+whirlwind
Old 01-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #77
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Danger Zone by Doreen Owens Malek is FREE at Amazon. Originally pubbed in 1987 by Silhouette Intimate Moments.

http://smile.amazon.com/Danger-Zone-...ds=danger+zone
Advert
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #78
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Here's a couple of sales books I just grabbed.

How the Scoundrel Seduces (Duke's Men #3) by Sabrina Jeffries - $2.99
(Simon & Schuster - released 8/14)
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Spoiler:
Investigator Tristan Bonnaud has one aim in life—to make sure that his half-brother George can’t ever ruin his life again. So when the pesky Lady Zoe Keane, the daughter of the Earl of Olivier, shows up demanding that the Duke’s Men find a mysterious gypsy woman, he seizes the opportunity to also hunt for a gypsy friend who knows secrets about George. Tristan doesn’t expect to uncover Lady Zoe’s family secrets, as well…or end up falling for the woman who will risk all to discover the truth.

Cold Pursuit (Cold Justice #2) by Toni Anderson - $0.99
Kindle

Spoiler:
Single mom Vivi Vincent is thrust into her worst nightmare when she’s trapped inside a mall during a terror attack along with her eight-year-old son. With the help of Jed Brennan, an FBI special agent on enforced leave, Vivi and her son survive the assault. But the danger is far from over.

Vivi’s son may have witnessed critical details of the terrorists’ future plans and is targeted for death, but he’s mute, and he’s traumatized. Still someone launches a strike against the FBI’s safe house, and Jed fears the bad guys have an inside man. No longer knowing who to trust, he hides mother and son in a log cabin deep in the heart of the Wisconsin Northwoods. There Jed and Vivi try to figure out how to unlock the information inside her son’s head. What they don’t bargain for is the red-hot attraction that flares between them, or the extent of the sinister plot that threatens to rip apart not only any chance of happiness they might have together, but also the very fabric of American society.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #79
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Habanera by Cat Grant, an f/m/m ménage contemporary BDSM erotic romance. Grant is a Samhain author, and we've gotten a few of her things as official publisher promo freebies in the past.

Colette DuPlessis is the woman every man wants, with a voice that has catapulted her to an acclaimed career as an operatic mezzo-soprano. For now, she chooses to bestow her favors on her sexy co-star, tenor David Lewis. But that will all end when the final curtain falls and she returns to Paris—and her husband and Master, conductor Aleksandr Petrovsky. But when Colette tries to say au revoir to her American lover, he goes down on his knees to declare his devotion—and to prove he can offer her something her Dominant husband never could.

Colette flees from the feelings that dominating David inspire in her, but when they’re thrust together for another show, it’s hard to bury the mutual passion still simmering just beneath the surface. When Aleks witnesses their onstage sizzle, his own passions begin to stir, and he makes his wife a startling proposal: That they seduce and dominate the handsome young tenor together. The three of them explore the depths of sex and power—pain and pleasure—but the price of their passions could be high as egos clash and hearts entangle.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #80
Christi C
Christi C began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
2.15.0 will work with Windows 7. I don't know of any issues doing such a big jump affecting your library. You may want to ask in the Calibre forum.

There was a slight change in appearence between the 0.xx releases and 1.x, and then between 1.x and 2.x And a lot of new features (Edit Book and Cover Grid spring to mind but I know there are others.
Thank you! I was concerned about doing a big jump so did a couple of updates to see if there were any negative effects and am now running 2.0.0. Will poke around and see what the new features are, will check out the ones you mentioned above. The old version would not "see" my device (Kobo Aura), the new one does but I get an error when I try to send ebooks with calibre (apparently a known error as Kobo has buggy firmware) but I can manually pull the ebooks onto the Kobo.

Appreciate the help!
Advert
Old 01-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #81
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • It's a Dog's Life by Dale Mayer (D/normally would be 1 star, but I just deleted)
  • Trust No One by Jayne Ann Krentz (B+/4 stars)
  • Baby, I'm Yours (Guys and Daughters #3) by Karen Templeton (D+/2 stars)
  • Alaskan Adventure (Destination: Desire #4) by Crystal Jordan (B/4 stars)
  • Ice Princess by Eric McCarthy (D-/deleted)
  • Turning Up the Heat by Laura Florand (B-/3 stars)
  • Crime Wave in a Corset by Stacy Gail (A-/5 stars)
  • The Bridal Arrangement (Sundown, Montana #1) by Cindy Gerard (B-/3 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-11.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	133664  
Old 01-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #82
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I bought a shiny new Samsung galaxy tab 4 10.1, and am selling my first gen N7 to a co-worker friend but don't have a clue what to charge. Any suggestions? I figured $50-75, but not sure.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I bought a shiny new Samsung galaxy tab 4 10.1, and am selling my first gen N7 to a co-worker friend but don't have a clue what to charge. Any suggestions? I figured $50-75, but not sure.
I'd hang out to it. Reading on a 10" might not be the most comfortable experience in the long run unless you plan to buy say Kindle Fire 6 instead with the money which I think is perfect size for reading.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #84
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Checking in:

I bought books! 4 books last week. 3 for 79 cents and one box set for 99 cents so I think I am still good on my resolution not to buy alot of books.

I've stopped the book I am reading and decided to finish it next Christmas. I can tell it's going to be a good Christmas story so I want to save it for when it's the right time to read it.

So that means I got to find something new to read! So I guess I need to go through my TBR getting a late start this year and decide what books I want to read this year.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #85
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'd hang out to it. Reading on a 10" might not be the most comfortable experience in the long run unless you plan to buy say Kindle Fire 6 instead with the money which I think is perfect size for reading.
I thought about keeping it, but have been reading on the tab 4 since I bought it and I love the size. The N7 sat for almost two weeks without use, and I don't I'll miss it.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #86
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Rogue's Honor (The Saint Of Seven Dials #1) by Brenda Hiatt is FREE today at all retailers. Originally published by HarperCollins in 2001.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=IsjiBQAAQBAJ
Old 01-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #87
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Kobo and Smashwords (DRM-free):

Just in Time by Kathryn Shay - this appears to be self-published, but Kathryn Shay has written numerous books for Harlequin.

Quote:
The PORTALS OF TIME trilogy combines heart-wrenching emotions and biting social commentary with unique futuristic elements. Three women travel back from the 26th century to right the wrongs of society today so that humankind can continue to exist. Journey with them as they fight for both the future and the men they unexpectedly come to love.
In JUST IN TIME, Dorian Masters must save the life of research scientist Jess Cromwell by preventing his murder in five months. Cromwell’s work would eventually set the standard for eradicating all carbon emissions. But Dorian has to find the assassin first, while Jess’s brother, Luke, cynical New York cop and exasperating man, seems determined to stand in her way. Unaware of her background, Luke questions her suitability as a bodyguard and challenges her on the mistakes she makes about everyday things, including how she talks. But the stakes are high and together they race against time to save Jess’s life.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #88
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.amazon.com/Rogues-Honor-S.../dp/B005Y4EM0Q
and
http://www.amazon.com/Just-Time-Port.../dp/B00HATNY9S
Old 01-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #89
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Here is my summary (short this week):

* Purchased:

Name:	Compras_20150101.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	133709

* Read:

Name:	Leidos_20150101.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	133710

JAK's books has been only good, not much more.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #90
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Sea Urchin by Adelaide Q Roby Endeavour press reprint, freebie

It is the turn of the eighteenth century.

A boat is wrecked on the Cornish shore, and an orphaned baby is rescued by local fisherman, John Prother.

`Sea Urchin' is a dark regency romance exploring the dangers of passion and ambition.

As well as `Sea Urchin' (which was published posthumously), Adelaide Q Roby is the author of `The Pindars', `Siren Song' and `White Harvest'

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QM82AM0/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QM82AM0/
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00QM82AM0/
Closed Thread