Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2022, 08:11 PM   #76
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
Will this change also affect the other LOCALE dependent values like CURRENCY?
Tried changing to CurrentLocale=en_AU and also tried changing to CurrentLocale=en_GB and neither worked. Still got the 12 hour format.

Never mind, tried rebooting twice and it worked!

Last edited by frquixote; 08-21-2022 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Found the solution
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:40 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Will this change also affect the other LOCALE dependent values like CURRENCY?
Honestly, I don't know. But, the only places with currency will be in the store. That will be associated with the store in your Kobo account. That probably determines the currency details more than the locale. I just tried it with en_GB. Some of the prices in the store show as pounds, but, most, including the price on the buy button shows a dollar sign.

Quote:
Tried changing to CurrentLocale=en_AU and also tried changing to CurrentLocale=en_GB and neither worked. Still got the 12 hour format.

Never mind, tried rebooting twice and it worked!
It worked after the first reboot for me. I only tried en_GB as the 24 hour clock is shown on the home screen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2022, 04:10 AM   #78
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Hi guys, just a quick update.

Don't expect any new version any time soon. I started a new job in a new town a couple of weeks ago, and I currently don't have a Kobo dev setup available.

Could be another month or two before I can get myself set back up, depending on my upcoming living arrangements.

Just wanted to let you guys know what is going on, and why there's been no updates.
sherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:30 AM   #79
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks Sherman, current version is all I for one will ever need. Clock and battery displaying fine

Wishing you well on the new job
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:16 AM   #80
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Hi guys, just a quick update.

Don't expect any new version any time soon. I started a new job in a new town a couple of weeks ago, and I currently don't have a Kobo dev setup available.

Could be another month or two before I can get myself set back up, depending on my upcoming living arrangements.

Just wanted to let you guys know what is going on, and why there's been no updates.

Good luck on the new job.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2022, 01:26 AM   #81
jaceygan
Enthusiast
jaceygan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
I installed this last week and it saved me from being late for an important appointment as my wall clock battery died.

Thank you!
jaceygan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:57 PM   #82
jaceygan
Enthusiast

So i set my nickelclock to show on header, left, auto. From time to time it will disappear. Rebooting doesnt help. What I do is:
1. Connect Kobo to my mac
2. delete nickelclock from .adds folder
3. place Koboroot.tgz in .Kobo directory
4. Disconnect my kobo from my mac

And this brings the clock back.

I am wondering if there is a way to bring the clock back without having to perform this reinstallation? I am using a KA1 if that matters.

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2022, 12:09 AM   #83
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
It sounds like it's crashing on startup some times. What firmware are you running?
sherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:46 PM   #84
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Talking

This is exactly what i was looking for! thank you very much
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:11 PM   #85
jaceygan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
It sounds like it's crashing on startup some times. What firmware are you running?
4.33.19759 20th July 2022.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #86
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Is there a similiar tool to show the battery percentage or icon like the NickelClock ?
Thank you in advance.
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:25 PM   #87
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Is there a similiar tool to show the battery percentage or icon like the NickelClock ?
Thank you in advance.
I second this if it exist, someone please share it lol
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #88
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Thank you in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
I second this if it exist, someone please share it lol
It sounds like you haven't read the rest of this thread. You could try starting at post #52
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:55 PM   #89
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
I haven't, sorry; I tried and worked fine. Thank you!
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:44 PM   #90
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Great addition, thanks!

One feature I like about Nanoclock is the optional battery indicator. Any possibility of adding that?
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote