Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2022, 02:48 PM   #76
Rouge One
Enthusiast
Rouge One began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
Well I know that not the issue because I know exactly why that came to be was because I was moving some books around in collections before the update came out and now I can’t access them because they are in the uncollected.
http://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q00008f8nZASAY/new-kindle-update this forum right here the person called Ruth52 is having the same issues with the uncollected and she doesn’t have a Kindle Paperwhite
Rouge One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #77
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouge One View Post
Well I know that not the issue because I know exactly why that came to be was because I was moving some books around in collections before the update came out and now I can’t access them because they are in the uncollected.
http://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q00008f8nZASAY/new-kindle-update this forum right here the person called Ruth52 is having the same issues with the uncollected and she doesn’t have a Kindle Paperwhite
Okay I don’t understand: ‘now I can’t access them because they are in the uncollected.’ You are not forced to access them using a collection, much less Uncollected (which is not really a collection, it’s more of a database query result). Aren’t they in List or Grid view? Can’t you find them there and add them to a collection from there?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2022, 06:31 AM   #78
Gripweed
Enthusiast
Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: PW5-v11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Can’t you find them there and add them to a collection from there?
I don't have the newest firmware yet so I haven't seen the Uncollected folder on my actual Paperwhite. The other day I loaded up my Android Kindle app for the first time in I don't know when and spotted the Uncollected folder. I simply went through the few books found in it and moved them into what should be their proper collection folders. Simple. It was no harder than moving a newly bought book into a collection. I don't understand what all the angst is about.
Gripweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:43 AM   #79
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Yea. The books in the Uncollected 'collection' are all there. It's really no different than turning off the 'collection' filter. The 'new' UI just made it so you can still view all your books even if you have the 'collection' filter on.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:55 PM   #80
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Ok but on my end I can’t access the uncollected all it does it says opening and then goes back to the top page of collections and it has been doing this for over a week now and nothing has been fixed from Amazon
Advert
Old 02-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #81
Gripweed
Enthusiast
Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: PW5-v11
Have you tried using a Kindle app, rather than the Kindle itself, to access the books in the Uncollected folder? Once you can access the books, you can move them to their proper collections.
Gripweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:43 PM   #82
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripweed View Post
Have you tried using a Kindle app, rather than the Kindle itself, to access the books in the Uncollected folder? Once you can access the books, you can move them to their proper collections.
Well I have looked a couple times and the uncollected collection is only available on the Kindle devices not the app for some reason that I don’t understand
Old 02-23-2022, 09:46 PM   #83
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well I have looked a couple times and the uncollected collection is only available on the Kindle devices not the app for some reason that I don’t understand
I see my Uncollected on my Kindle app.

Go to Library, then set your View to Collections. Scroll all the way down and you should see Uncollected.

You can access your uncollected books the old way. They're still on your library when you don't have the 'Collections' filter on.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:56 AM   #84
Rouge One
Enthusiast

I don’t understand something I can open it on my iPad but there is a big difference it says on the kindle that uncollected has 436 but on the iPad it says it has 1,183 now does how that even make sense
Old 02-24-2022, 01:16 AM   #85
hleo12
Guru

Quote:
I don’t understand something I can open it on my iPad but there is a big difference it says on the kindle that uncollected has 436 but on the iPad it says it has 1,183 now does how that even make sense
Check on your kindle if you're on 'ALL' or 'Downloaded'. If you're on downloaded that might be why. Because on the app, uncollected shows the number of all the books without collections in your entire kindle library, including on the cloud.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:27 AM   #86
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Well the IPad app for the Kindle when you select collections it doesn’t give you the option to select all or download
Old 02-24-2022, 05:58 AM   #87
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Well the IPad app for the Kindle when you select collections it doesn’t give you the option to select all or download
...which is why the number is higher on the iPad app. On your e-ink Kindle, make sure that "all" is selected. That should show the same number of books as the iPad app.

You should also be able to add books into collections using "Content & Devices" page on the Amazon website.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:34 AM   #88
Rouge One
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
...which is why the number is higher on the iPad app. On your e-ink Kindle, make sure that "all" is selected. That should show the same number of books as the iPad app.

You should also be able to add books into collections using "Content & Devices" page on the Amazon website.

Shari
But in the content and devices it doesn’t show the uncollected collection and I can’t believe it I took download off and the uncollected opened but it now says it has 1,452 in there
Old 02-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #89
Rouge One
Enthusiast

But I have only got the uncollected collection to open once
Old 02-24-2022, 11:57 AM   #90
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
But in the content and devices it doesn’t show the uncollected collection and I can’t believe it I took download off and the uncollected opened but it now says it has 1,452 in there
It is not a real collection, it is ‘computed’. You will not see it in Content and Devices.

The numbers will not be the same if you have Audible titles in your Library (either purchases or borrowed with Kindle Unlimited). Kindle will count these, whereas the apps will not. Print Replica titles will not be included in the counts on Kindle, since Kindles cannot read these. Also, it seems books borrowed from public library (and returned) still show up to be counted in the apps, but not with Kindle.

But I don’t understand the point of this exercise.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote