Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #76
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Some valid ncx 's (which are allowed in epub3 for backwards compatibility) require the extended doctype to actually work. So this DOCTYPE is technically still valid for toc.ncx (not opf or content xhtml) and this bug was fixed to stop calling it an error in epubcheck 4.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:58 PM   #77
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Version of ePub3-itizer now posted

See post 1 at the top of this thread for the download link to ePub3-itizer_v031.zip

Changes since version v022:

1) nav.xhtml changes to add style in head to prevent display of landmarks
and to use ol list-style-none

2) remove "linear = "yes" from nav entry in spine

3) remove DOCTYPE from toc.ncx (still not sure if this is correct or not)

4) remove guide from content.opf since now optional and empty guides freak out epubcheck 4

5) should now properly identify and add manifest properties "scripted" if the xhtml page uses the "script" tag inside its "head" tag.

Please let me know if you run into any bugs

Hope this helps,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 05-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Advert
Old 05-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #78
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi All,

Added a bug fix ePub3-itzer_v031 to the first post that fixes a nasty bug I introduced in v030 that downcased ncx tags and even omitted navPoints. Thanks to Doitsu for quickly catching and reporting that bug in v030.

KevinH
Old 05-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #79
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi Kevin;

Many thanks for this new version of ePub3 plugin. Regarding the new nav.xhtml file that the plugin build, would it be possible for the plugin to allow me to choose the title (for example, instead of "Table of Contents/Guide" to use "Contenido/Guía") and to style nav.xhtml as I'd want? Now to do that, I have to edit by hand the epub3 built by your plugin.

Regards
Rubén

Last edited by RbnJrg; 05-29-2015 at 01:12 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #80
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi RbnJrg,

I will think about how best to allow different languages for the nav.xhtml that is generated from the toc.ncx.

Perhaps an ini file or setting file that will set these things or maybe a simple gui to allow users to specify these things.

Let me think about how best to handle that and I will get back to you when I have something workable.

Thanks for the suggestion.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Hi Kevin;

Many thanks for this new version of ePub3 plugin. Regarding the new nav.xhtml file that the plugin build, would it be possible for the plugin to allow me to choose the title (for example, instead of "Table of Contents/Guide" to use "Contenido/Guía") and to style nav.xhtml as I'd want? Now to do that, I have to edit by hand the epub3 built by your plugin.

Regards
Rubén
Advert
Old 05-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #81
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I will think about how best to allow different languages for the nav.xhtml that is generated from the toc.ncx.
I did some tests and of the few available epub3 apps only Azardi (Windows, Linux, OSX) actually used the TOC heading title.
I.e., epub3 users will most likely only see localized TOC strings if the app manufacturer decides to release localized versions.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend that the plugin check the language metadata of the epub and automatically select a localized TOC string based on the first two letters of the ISO language code.

For a traditional FIGS localization the plugin could query the following tuple list:

Code:
toc = [('en', 'Table of Contents'), ('fr', 'Table des matières'), ('it',
       'Tavola dei Contenuti'), ('de', 'Inhaltsverzeichnis'), ('es',
       'Índice de contenido')]
(The translations were pulled from the Sigil UI.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #82
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi RbnJrg,

Perhaps an ini file or setting file that will set these things or maybe a simple gui to allow users to specify these things.

Let me think about how best to handle that and I will get back to you when I have something workable.

Thanks for the suggestion.

KevinH
Thanks to you for your hard work.
Rubén
Old 05-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #83
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I did some tests and of the few available epub3 apps only Azardi (Windows, Linux, OSX) actually used the TOC heading title.
I.e., epub3 users will most likely only see localized TOC strings if the app manufacturer decides to release localized versions.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend that the plugin check the language metadata of the epub and automatically select a localized TOC string based on the first two letters of the ISO language code.

For a traditional FIGS localization the plugin could query the following tuple list:

Code:
toc = [('en', 'Table of Contents'), ('fr', 'Table des matières'), ('it',
       'Tavola dei Contenuti'), ('de', 'Inhaltsverzeichnis'), ('es',
       'Índice de contenido')]
(The translations were pulled from the Sigil UI.)
Hi Doitsu;

In spanish, practically is not used "Indice de contenido"; many times is used "Indice" and many times is used "Contenido". In my case, I'd prefer to have the possibility of using sometimes "Indice" and sometimes "Contenido". Also, it would be nice to have the option in the plugin (as you explained well by PM) that the users can see (or can't) the nav.xhtml file by writing in content.opf:

Code:
<itemref idref="navid" linear="no"/>
or

Code:
<itemref idref="navid" linear="yes"/>
Maybe with some settings in an .ini file -or a check box in the plugin gui- is possible to handle this kind of option.

Many thanks for your help.
Rubén
Old 07-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #84
Olivier_g
Olivier_g began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good morning,
I've the following message when I try to use ePub3-itizer_v031 (Sigil 0.8.7):

Quote:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Logiciels portables\Sigil\SigilPortable\App\Sigil\plugin_lau nchers\\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\plugin.py", line 151, in run
opfconv = Opf_Converter(opf2, spine_properties, manifest_properties)
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\opf_converter.py", line 66, in __init__
self._convertOpf()
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\opf_converter.py", line 218, in _convertOpf
props = self.props[idref]
AttributeError: 'Opf_Converter' object has no attribute 'props'
Error: 'Opf_Converter' object has no attribute 'props'
Can anyone help me ?

Olivier_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:11 AM   #85
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
That message might be displayed if the input file is invalid. Did you check the epub file with both FlightCrew and ePubCheck before running the plugin?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #86
Olivier_g

Thank you for your message.
There is no problem with FlightCrew and EpubCheck before running the plugin.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:10 PM   #87
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_g View Post
Good morning,
I've the following message when I try to use ePub3-itizer_v031 (Sigil 0.8.7):

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Logiciels portables\Sigil\SigilPortable\App\Sigil\plugin_lau nchers\\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\plugin.py", line 151, in run
opfconv = Opf_Converter(opf2, spine_properties, manifest_properties)
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\opf_converter.py", line 66, in __init__
self._convertOpf()
File "C:\Users\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\ePub3-itizer\opf_converter.py", line 218, in _convertOpf
AttributeError: 'Opf_Converter' object has no attribute 'props'
Error: 'Opf_Converter' object has no attribute 'props'
Can anyone help me ?

Looks like a typo in opf_converter.py on line 218 that only affects things under specific conditions.

Code:
should probably be:
Code:
props = self.sprops[idref]
But I'll let KevinH be the final arbiter on that.

If you're comfortable making changes to python source code, then feel free to try it (the plugins get installed in their own subdirectory of the plugins directory found Sigil's preferences location). If not, you'll need to wait for a fixed release of the plugin.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-08-2015 at 01:14 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #88
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

DiapDealer is exactly correct (as always!). This is a bug/typo and DiapDealers suggested correction is exactly right.

I will try and get out a new version tomorrow when I get a free moment.

Thanks!

KevinH
Old 07-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #89
KevinH
Sigil Developer

ePub3-itizer Updated

FYI: ePub3-itizer has been updated to version v0.3.2

Changes since the previous version:

1) Fixed typo bug in opf_converter that caused problem with spine properties

(Thanks DiapDealer for the fix! And thanks Olivier_g for the bug report!)

2) added lang= and xml:lang= to specify language from opf dc:language for nav.xhtml

Please see the first post in this thread for the link
Old 07-10-2015, 03:33 AM   #90
Olivier_g

And it works !
Thanks a lot folks,

Have a nice day,
Olivier