Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-31-2022, 11:04 AM   #76
gregorio
gregorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch, iPad
Hi!
I am using the plugin and it seems very useful.

However, I can't seem to get the <title> tags to update in the <head> of the HTML. Is there something I need to do?

Also, I think it could be useful to have a screen when launching the script to decide which changes to apply and which not (with checkboxes or similar).

Gregorio
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 11:24 AM   #77
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If you already have text in the title field in head, it will not be updated.
If that is not the case, please post a test epub here that shows the issue and I will try to track it down and get it fixed asap.

Everything done in this plugin is to help accessibility according to the spec, it is not meant to be a "pick and choose what you want" style plugin.

That said, the code is reasonably modular and pretty easy to follow so you should have no trouble modifying it to read a json preference file to determine what steps are needed.

Ps. please make sure you are using the very latest version of Access-Aide as a bug fix for self-closed title tags was incorporated in earlier versions. See the first post in this thread for a link to the latest version.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-31-2022 at 12:44 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #78
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Hi!
I am using the plugin and it seems very useful.

However, I can't seem to get the <title> tags to update in the <head> of the HTML. Is there something I need to do?
You might doublecheck your ToC. It pulls from that, AFAIK.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:24 PM   #79
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the source of the replacement titles are the ncx in epub2 and the nav in epub3.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #80
gregorio
gregorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If you already have text in the title field in head, it will not be updated.
I see. The thing is that InDesign exports HTML files with the <title> tag, but not meaningful (it inserts the filename) I'd like to force an update of the title tag, overwriting what InDesign put in.
gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2022, 09:47 AM   #81
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Then use Sigil's regular expression Find and Replace to empty them before running Access Aide.

Something like:

Code:
Find set to use regular expressions with this in the Find field:
<title>[^<]+</title>

And Replace set to:
<title></title>
Then running ReplaceAll should do the trick. But I would make a Checkpoint (or save a copy) just in case it changes something unexpected.

Caveat: I have not tested that but somethin like that should do the trick.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-01-2022 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #82
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
@KevinH: Probably the search should look like this:
Code:
<title>[^<]+</title>
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:43 PM   #83
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
@KevinH: Probably the search should look like this:
Code:
<title>[^<]+</title>
Yes indeed! I will fix my earlier post!

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2022, 03:46 PM   #84
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Then use Sigil's regular expression Find and Replace to empty them before running Access Aide.

Something like:

Code:
Find set to use regular expressions with this in the Find field:
<title>[^<]+</title>

And Replace set to:
<title></title>
Then running ReplaceAll should do the trick. But I would make a Checkpoint (or save a copy) just in case it changes something unexpected.

Caveat: I have not tested that but somethin like that should do the trick.
AFAIR, an empty <title></title> will trigger an error in epubcheck.

Edit: Just checked using Sigil's empty EPUB3 and give the error:

Code:
OEBPS/Text/Section0001.xhtml, line 6,offset 158, Col: 10: ERROR(RSC-005): Error while parsing file: Element ""title"" must not be empty.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-01-2022 at 03:49 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:48 PM   #85
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, but AccessAide will use the nav or ncx to fill them in. AccessAide will not touch them if values already exist. That was the reason to delete them before running AccessAide.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #86
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Yes, but AccessAide will use the nav or ncx to fill them in. AccessAide will not touch them if values already exist. That was the reason to delete them before running AccessAide.
I'll have to look more closely at AccessAide then, I missed that in it's capabilities.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:55 PM   #87
KevinH
Sigil Developer

See comments following this line:
https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Ac...plugin.py#L599
Old 05-17-2022, 09:20 PM   #88
oston
Connoisseur
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
I think I have a problem with an epub that I am using to learn how to add accessibility.

The file gets a completely clean report from Daisy Ace and I think I am using all the right semantic tags, section, figure, etc . because the do show up in the http code as epub:type=.... But NO ARIA roles are added?

Please could you suggest what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks
Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:28 PM   #89
KevinH
Sigil Developer

There are rules for which epub:type attributes can be used to create aria roles. The mapping rules are part of the access-aide source:

See https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Ac.../src/plugin.py

starting at line 57.

Also a table of what tags may have added aria roles follows that mapping. Unfortunately, the body tag is no longer an allowed tag to hold aria roles according to epubcheck.

So compare your epub code against that map and table and see if you can find an instance where an aria role could have been added (ie exists in the map of epub:type to aria-role starting in line 57) AND is allowed on that tag as determined by the table that follows.

If you find one please post a snippet of the code, so I can track down what might be happening.

Also, since epub:type is epub3, make sure you are passing an epub3 to access-aide.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by KevinH; 05-17-2022 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:32 PM   #90
oston
Connoisseur
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
Many thanks for the quick reply, Kevin. This is all very new to me and I expect I am missing something important.

Here is a typical example:

Code:
<body id="AMH-en-acc-eBook-6" lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US">
  <section id="_idContainer008" class="Section" epub:type="chapter">
If I am reading your table correctly, the chapter type must be within a <section> tag and it is?

Please let me know if you need more code?

Thanks
Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote