Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #76
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
havent' found night shade yet on my Fire6, still trying to get the feel of the update. Where is shade?
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 PM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
havent' found night shade yet on my Fire6, still trying to get the feel of the update. Where is shade?
Try this:

Quote:
You can turn Blue Shade on or off by pulling the Quick Action menu down from the top of the display.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #78
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Try this:
Huh, no seeing it there. I have 8 items there. nothing about shade. Can anyone tell me where I can find it? I have a Fire6.

Last edited by Atunah; 02-15-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:18 PM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Huh, no seeing it there. I have 8 items there. nothing about shade. Can anyone tell me where I can find it? I have a Fire6.
No idea then. I got the info from the update page. My HD6 still hasn't received the update.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:21 PM   #80
Atunah
Wizard

Bizarre, I had all the new stuff from the new update, the new home and all that. No more carusel. But I just went to check for what update i have and it went into another update loop on its own, which its now stuck in. Again, I already had the new stuff, so no clue what it is doing right now.

eta: the second update put the blue shade in the pulldown. Now i can't recall what was there before as its still 8 items.
So it took 2 updates for me to get that. Long updates.

Last edited by Atunah; 02-15-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Advert
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #81
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I gotta drop Jeff an email. I'm not feeling the love.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #82
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Interestingly the 5.1.1 got my Google Play Store app working even tho the Play services worked for me to use Youtube.

Could be that OS 5 is letting use use Google easier without rooting? After the install & on the 1st bootup, got a notification that the Google Play services need to be updated, so I did. Took me awhile after the update that it dawned on me that the display was in Google Play store & I had to click on the update button. After the lights got lit, I hit the Play store icon on my Fire 8.9 4th gen & got into the Play store.

So now it would be interesting on future updates for my apps as quite a few of them were side-loaded & whether the updates now be directly gotten from the Play store. e.g. the Fire keep saying the es file explorer update had a different signature & so wouldn't install; so I had to go to Amazon directly to do the update.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #83
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Not impressed with Blue Shade so far, and the Home screens are too busy (must I choose a photo? I just want a neutral background, finally took a picture with lens covered up and am using that for now). I am not sure I like how Recents got re-worked and shoved off to one side. Also one of the Stage Fright issues squashed in 4.5.5 is back, according to Stagefright Detector app.

I'm still getting used to it, might actually find things I like better eventually, and nothing is so bad I'd go back to 4.5.5, but as a first impression, I'm a little disappointed.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #84
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a problem with 5.1.1 in that I get Adverts in my recent page; I can do the "not interested", but more show up at one point (after browsing the various displays on the Fire HDX). This is a pain in the butt as I had paid for no adverts & there is no setting to not show the ads/"recommendations".

Also when doing a "delete" on the recent screen, the prompt is to whether to delete from the device or the home(?) screen. Did a couple of deletes & the app still remain on the home screen......wrong wording on the delete prompt?

The home screen has no method of sorting the apps/widgets as the top rows are Amazon apps/widgets; after which come my own installed apps in alpha order. Would have preferred a separate display or a method of placing rarely used or not used apps on a different display area without cluttering up the home screen.

Looks like there a lots of "recommendations"/adverts in the various screens to use up memory/storage/cpu. We should be given credit for what was paid to not have adverts/recommendations show up frequently.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #85
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
This is a pain in the butt as I had paid for no adverts & there is no setting to not show the ads/"recommendations".
Settings > Apps and Games > Amazon Application Settings > Home Screen Settings

Turns off all except for Video, but that might be because I have Prime, so they want to show Prime Video? I don't know. But all my other screens are recommendation-free after turning off that setting.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #86
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I gotta drop Jeff an email. I'm not feeling the love.
One of my daughters' HD 6 got it, the other didn't. Random!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:20 PM   #87
Atunah
Wizard

I am slowly getting used to the different way it does things, but I am still a bit struggling how the home page doesn't have my collections in it anymore. I had mixed collections there, some books, some apps, those kind of things. I think I kept a couple of the app ones, others are gone. None of the book collections show and I can't figure out how to do anything on the home page, other than moving stuff around and deleting.

I guess that is all I can do there now and the other sections are taking care of other stuff. But it was easy to have say a most used recipe book collection on the homepage to quickly find. Now I have to find my way into the book area and then look for the collection and then open it. I have like 40 collections so it can take a while for the page to scroll down.

Is there a way to put collections on the home page from the ebook cloud?
Old 02-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #88
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I have a problem with 5.1.1 in that I get Adverts in my recent page; I can do the "not interested", but more show up at one point (after browsing the various displays on the Fire HDX). This is a pain in the butt as I had paid for no adverts & there is no setting to not show the ads/"recommendations".

Also when doing a "delete" on the recent screen, the prompt is to whether to delete from the device or the home(?) screen. Did a couple of deletes & the app still remain on the home screen......wrong wording on the delete prompt?

The home screen has no method of sorting the apps/widgets as the top rows are Amazon apps/widgets; after which come my own installed apps in alpha order. Would have preferred a separate display or a method of placing rarely used or not used apps on a different display area without cluttering up the home screen.

Looks like there a lots of "recommendations"/adverts in the various screens to use up memory/storage/cpu. We should be given credit for what was paid to not have adverts/recommendations show up frequently.
My own installed apps are in order of installation, but I could really use a way to sort. I can't believe they left that out. If you want to place rarely used apps out of the way, you can put them in folders. If you drag one app on top of another it creates a folder. To add more apps to the folder just drag them in. I put most of the Amazon apps in a folder and that helps, but sorting the rest would be nice.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #89
crane3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Settings > Apps and Games > Amazon Application Settings > Home Screen Settings

Turns off all except for Video, but that might be because I have Prime, so they want to show Prime Video? I don't know. But all my other screens are recommendation-free after turning off that setting.
Thank you. There is a separate video item & I also turned that off; the video seem to be tied done along with the dts 5.1 audio.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:23 PM   #90
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Thank you. There is a separate video item & I also turned that off; the video seem to be tied done along with the dts 5.1 audio.
You're welcome, and thank you in return - I don't think I've even looked at the video settings and I probably wouldn't have thought to look there.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote