Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #751
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I would be interested in a patch that shows the battery level beside or instead of the icon.
Also, if possible, having the hour showing either on top or bottom of the pages when reading.
Thank you
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 02:54 AM   #752
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
I would be interested in a patch that shows the battery level beside or instead of the icon.
Also, if possible, having the hour showing either on top or bottom of the pages when reading.
Thank you
The battery percentage, oh yes please.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2021, 03:00 AM   #753
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Is there a patch that makes the Back to Home button always display back to home? And not back to collections if I was in collections before?
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 05:07 AM   #754
-stepan-
Enthusiast
-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanReads View Post
Is there a patch that makes the Back to Home button always display back to home? And not back to collections if I was in collections before?
If you use NickelMenu, then you can add this:
menu_item :reader :Home :nickel_misc :home
and you always back to home screen from current reading book, and don't need any patch for this.
-stepan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 03:19 PM   #755
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Thank you
Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340047

Dunno if a patch would be possible, but you can probably figure something out w/ that.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2021, 12:08 PM   #756
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I’ll make a formal request here for all the Elipsa and Sage owners for a patch to allow note taking in side loaded kepub. I’ve seen patches for it for the past two firmware but they weren’t included in the official release just in a thread.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:44 AM   #757
sdothum
Enthusiast
sdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra 2
In my prior recent trial of a Kobo device, not all ebooks (side loaded calibre converted epub to kepub files) are capable of having the graphical (black line) chapter progress bar displayed in the footer (with the stock firmware).

Has this been fixed with the patches. i scanned this thread for which there is much discussion about the progress bar but it's not clear to me whether this particular case has been addressed (or is even an issue currently).
sdothum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #758
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothum View Post
In my prior recent trial of a Kobo device, not all ebooks (side loaded calibre converted epub to kepub files) are capable of having the graphical (black line) chapter progress bar displayed in the footer (with the stock firmware).
That's a new one to me. I definitely haven't seen it happen, and I don't remember anyone reporting it. And honestly, I'm surprised it could happen. The progress bar seems to be independent of format or errors in the book. What firmware version was it?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:48 AM   #759
Minh
Minh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sideload audiobooks for Kobo

I would love to be able to sideload audiobooks (for Kobo devices that support audiobooks obviously).
I know, that it would be easier that I just use my phone for it. But since all the new devices that come out lately support audiobooks, I just thought it would be nice to be able to use only 1 device for all my reading (or listening) experience .
Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #760
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh View Post
I would love to be able to sideload audiobooks (for Kobo devices that support audiobooks obviously).
I know, that it would be easier that I just use my phone for it. But since all the new devices that come out lately support audiobooks, I just thought it would be nice to be able to use only 1 device for all my reading (or listening) experience .
Um, Sideloading Audiobooks.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:31 AM   #761
sdothum
Enthusiast
sdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it is

Chapter progress bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a new one to me. I definitely haven't seen it happen, and I don't remember anyone reporting it. And honestly, I'm surprised it could happen. The progress bar seems to be independent of format or errors in the book. What firmware version was it?
It was the latest firmware (Kobo Sage that i was considering actually).

My side loaded (calibre converted epub) kepub would only show the "book" progress bar -- which was surprising to me since all the chapter metrics are available.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:50 PM   #762
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothum View Post
It was the latest firmware (Kobo Sage that i was considering actually).

My side loaded (calibre converted epub) kepub would only show the "book" progress bar -- which was surprising to me since all the chapter metrics are available.
Is this a terminology issue? The progress bar I am talking about is the one that shows at the bottom of the page all the time. It can be turned off in the Reading settings with the option "Show book progress bar". That one has always been for the full book since it was introduced.

The change was to the navigation bar, or slider or scroll bar or scrubber, depending on who you talked to. For kepubs, whether they are purchased or sideloaded, that changed from being per chapter to being for the full book at the same time as the above progress bar was added. Which was also when the header and footer customisation was added. And it made it consistent with how the navigation bar worked for all the other formats.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:50 AM   #763
wwwonka
wwwonka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi.
¡First post!

I am trying to set myself an offline wikipedia partition on a larger SD card. : https://phire.cc/Offline-Wikipedia-on-the-Kobo.html

The process is somewhat outdated and over my head when it comes to decompiling and it is in fact needed to make the nickel browser available without being connected to the internet.

Could it be possible in a future patch to bypass the browser prompt when the kobo is not connected to a network in order to access localhost sites served from the device?

I could then set up a menu item with nickelMenu to access my offline wikipedia served via kiwix-tools.

Cheers.
wwwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 02:46 AM   #764
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwonka View Post
Could it be possible in a future patch to bypass the browser prompt when the kobo is not connected to a network in order to access localhost sites served from the device?
Instead of waiting for patch, you can simply modify the Kobo eReader.conf file located in the .kobo/Kobo directory. Open the file in a end of line sensitive editor (for Windows, I use Notepad++) and look for a line that reads [FeaureSettings]. If the line exists, copy and paste the IgnoreCaptivePortal line below it. If it doesn't exist, copy/paste both lines. Once that's done, save the file and optionally reboot.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
IgnoreCaptivePortal=true
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:53 AM   #765
sdothum
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Is this a terminology issue? The progress bar I am talking about is the one that shows at the bottom of the page all the time. It can be turned off in the Reading settings with the option "Show book progress bar". That one has always been for the full book since it was introduced.

The change was to the navigation bar, or slider or scroll bar or scrubber, depending on who you talked to. For kepubs, whether they are purchased or sideloaded, that changed from being per chapter to being for the full book at the same time as the above progress bar was added. Which was also when the header and footer customisation was added. And it made it consistent with how the navigation bar worked for all the other formats.
i am referring to the horizontal black line (i.e. ━━━━━─────── ) that can be displayed in the footer region of the page being read while reading.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests