Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 AM   #736
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
OK. Since you said you had no trouble with different readers, I tried it this way: I downloaded the fic with an empty personal.ini. It worked on all three of my devices without problems. So, obviously, I messed up something there. Compared it to defaults, but couldn't see anything. To hunt the error down more easily, I trimmed personal.ini down to only the necessities, but I still can't find it. I've attached it. Can you see anything that doesn't belong there and causes this error? If it isn't too much trouble I mean?
I don't notice anything wrong. I tried downloading that story with your settings and didn't see anything wrong with the epub.

I doubt it's a problem, but instead of putting date _format settings in many sites, you can override all of them like so:
Code:
[overrides]
dateCreated_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
datePublished_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
dateUpdated_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:23 AM   #737
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
This is really messed up and strange. It's got to be the personal.ini that's the problem, because the fic downloaded with it freezes up my devices, and without it there is no problem. I mean, if it were only one device, I'd have thought it's defect, but it's all three. And even stranger, it's only this fic. I've downloaded others with the same ini and nothing. That's what confuses me. Oh well. Nothing to be done, then, I guess.

Thank you for your help And thanks for the override code.

Last edited by edeniz; 11-12-2015 at 03:29 AM.
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #738
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh well. Nothing to be done, then, I guess.
I wouldn't quite say that. If you really want to figure it out, you can use the brunt force approach:

Delete or comment out half of your personal.ini and try again. If it works, you know the problem is in the part commented out. If it doesn't work, you know the problem is in the part that wasn't commented out.

Then repeat as many times as necessary: Split the part where you now know the problem to be in half, comment half, try again.

If you can narrow it down to a single line or a few lines, I can look at it again with much better chances of figuring out the issue.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #739
edeniz
Zealot

Yeah, that's what I decided to do, like five minutes after I posted my previous answer. Because I simply cannot stand not knowing in cases such as this, especially when I know it's a mess of my own making, so of course I'd keep trying and trying. It took a while, but I think I finally found the culprit:

Spoiler:
Code:

br         {margin:5px; 
             line-height:1.7em; }

Apparently putting margin in there was a big, big mistake.

With a mistake like that, naturally not even epubcheck or css validators will be useful.

I don't even remember why I thought using that css line would be a good idea, when what I want is more easily accomplished with this:

Spoiler:
Code:

p              {line-height:170%%; margin-bottom:2em; margin-top:2em;}
 blockquote {padding: 0.5em 0 0.5em 0; margin-bottom:3em;}
 br             {line-height:1.8em; }
 table         { border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 1.5em; }
 td             {vertical-align:top; padding:0.6em 0.2em 0.4em 0.6em;}

tl;dr: So yeah, case closed! Finally! Thank you for all your efforts
Old 11-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #740
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted (direct link):

2015-11-13

- Change str() to unicode() many places, update de translation.

This touches the adapters for a lot of sites. I don't think it should break anything, but that's why we test versions.
Advert
Old 11-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #741
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
Hello! I'm trying to understand the setting: "Inject calibre Series when none found?" Can I use this to make everything I download with FFF have a default series? The description seems to indicate that it's about putting series info into the epub title page whereas what I would like to do is add series info to Calibre itself. I looked through the default.ini but didn't see anything that seemed related to this setting. I think I'm just confused. Help please?
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #742
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMNonMR View Post
Hello! I'm trying to understand the setting: "Inject calibre Series when none found?" Can I use this to make everything I download with FFF have a default series? The description seems to indicate that it's about putting series info into the epub title page whereas what I would like to do is add series info to Calibre itself. I looked through the default.ini but didn't see anything that seemed related to this setting. I think I'm just confused. Help please?
That setting is for what you said--including the series from calibre's metadata on the title page when the site doesn't have one. I added that primarily for ffnet, which doesn't have a series mechanism.

You ca set all FanFicFare downloads to have a default series (if they don't have one from the site) by using default_value_series in personal.ini:

Code:
[defaults]
## defaults to 1
default_value_series:IniSeries
## or with a specific number:
default_value_series:IniSeries [3]
Old 11-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #743
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:48 AM   #744
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
So, why does the plugin adds adobe-hyphenate: none to the css?

Is there a legimate reason to cripple hyphenation?
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #745
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
So, why does the plugin adds adobe-hyphenate: none to the css?

Is there a legimate reason to cripple hyphenation?
Nook Simple Touch Reader and Nook STR w/Glo both have a bug that will sometimes prevent the display of the rest of a paragraph after an auto hyphenated word.

B&N refused to acknowledge the problem and I can't find the bug report post on their site anymore, but other people confirmed the same issue.

Rather than have to explain to each Nook user who came along how to fix it, I made it the default for everyone. I believe you're the first user to have any problem with it.

You can change it by putting your own output_css setting in personal.ini:
Code:
[epub]
## output background color--only used by html and epub (and ignored in
## epub by many readers).  Included below in output_css--will be
## ignored if not in output_css.
background_color: ffffff

## Allow customization of CSS.  Make sure to keep at least one space
## at the start of each line and to escape % to %%.  Also need
## background_color to be in the same section, if included in CSS.
## 'adobe-hyphenate: none;' prevents hyphenation on newer Nooks
## STR(wG) (1.2.1+ for sure)
output_css: 
 body { background-color: #%(background_color)s;
        text-align: justify;
        margin: 2%%; }
 pre { font-size: x-small; }
 sml { font-size: small; }
 h1 { text-align: center; }
 h2 { text-align: center; }
 h3 { text-align: center; }
 h4 { text-align: center; }
 h5 { text-align: center; }
 h6 { text-align: center; }
 .CI {
     text-align:center;
     margin-top:0px;
     margin-bottom:0px;
     padding:0px;
     }
 .center   {text-align: center;}
 .cover    {text-align: center;}
 .full     {width: 100%%; }
 .quarter  {width: 25%%; }
 .smcap    {font-variant: small-caps;}
 .u        {text-decoration: underline;}
 .bold     {font-weight: bold;}
Old 11-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #746
lumlydwt
lumlydwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
mediaminer.org

looks like mediaminer.org has finally finished their update and move to a new server...

any chance that FanFicFare will be extended to cover it too? (I remember the old version ofFanFictionDownLoader did)
lumlydwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #747
edeniz
Zealot

I've got a question about ships. AO3 puts friendships, and even the parent-child relationship when the story focuses on it in the "relationships" category, albeit separated with "&".

The ampersand is easily gotten rid of by replacing it with a comma. I can also use regex so that, if the "ship" in question is separated by "&", then it gets deleted via
Spoiler:
Code:
exclude_metadata_pre: ships=~.&

But just in case the author did not list the characters in question in the field "characters", I'd like to basically put the separated character names into the character name field. Is that possible? And if so, how do I avoid duplication? Can't seem to find out the method for it.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #748
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
But just in case the author did not list the characters in question in the field "characters", I'd like to basically put the separated character names into the character name field. Is that possible? And if so, how do I avoid duplication? Can't seem to find out the method for it.
This seems to work for me. Note that if you also use sort_ships you'll need to update to the new test version first.

Code:
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,ships2chars
include_in_ships2chars:ships.NOREPL

add_to_replace_metadata:
 ships2chars=>[ ]*/[ ]*=>/
 ships2chars=>[ ]*&[ ]*=>/
 ships2chars=>([^/]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/(.+)=>\1\,\2\,\3\,\4
 ships2chars=>([^/]+)/([^/]+)/(.+)=>\1\,\2\,\3
 ships2chars=>([^/]+)/(.+)=>\1\,\2

include_in_characters:characters,ships2chars
New test version posted (direct link)

- Make sort_ships honor doreplacements (and .NOREPL) flag.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #749
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumlydwt View Post
looks like mediaminer.org has finally finished their update and move to a new server...

any chance that FanFicFare will be extended to cover it too? (I remember the old version ofFanFictionDownLoader did)
FanFicFare has never not supported mediaminer.org. mediaminer.org keeps changing their URL scheme which breaks that support, but it's always been there...

The problem is simultaneously supporting the past URL forms they've used for existing stories. I'm working on it, but it may be a bit.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:39 AM   #750
edeniz
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
This seems to work for me. Note that if you also use sort_ships you'll need to update to the new test version first.
It works perfectly fine. Finally that eyesore of AO3's is gone.

Now the only remaining eyesore at AO3 is the author commentary thinly disguised as tags, but sadly, there is little to be done about that aside from inserting them to replace metadata as we encounter them.

Tags
fanfiction