Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2023, 02:37 AM   #61
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghira View Post
Sometimes they are images and are microscopic. Probably not much kobo can do about that.
For some images in epubs, I've gone in and played with the width/height of the image CSS to make the image fit better with the font size being used.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:15 AM   #62
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
I got a popup when visiting the site about taking the survey. My magic wand wish was buttons on both sides.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2023, 04:06 AM   #63
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
I remember saying I didn't care about cloud services or synching sideloaded books between devices. It feels like I had to say both of these repeatedly. And I imagine my wish about formulae working is a bit niche. However, if they sell maths books on the kobo store, it seems like they should work or what is the point? Either make them usable or quit offering them.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 04:12 AM   #64
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
I remember saying I didn't care about cloud services or synching sideloaded books between devices. It feels like I had to say both of these repeatedly. And I imagine my wish about formulae working is a bit niche. However, if they sell maths books on the kobo store, it seems like they should work or what is the point? Either make them usable or quit offering them.
Don't give up hope - the first few Hindi books I bought from Kobo (2018-2020) were awful, in one case I ended up having to buy the Kindle version to be able to read it at all. One I bought earlier this week is nearly perfect. So they improvements in rendering you need may yet come. Hopefully sooner rtather than later.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 06:43 PM   #65
glenk
Enthusiast
glenk doesn't litterglenk doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
The only thing I really want is to be able to sort sideloaded books by file name.

Can't see them doing that though but I can hope.
glenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2023, 06:48 PM   #66
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'd especially like to sort collections by filename, but I doubt we'll get that, either.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:51 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why this love for filenames when metadata is so much better? Should we all drop our current operating systems and go back to DOS?
Old 12-28-2023, 02:42 AM   #68
ghira
Zealot

It didn't even occur to me to wish for pdfs to work better. Even wishing can only achieve so much.
Old 12-28-2023, 02:43 AM   #69
ghira
Zealot

@dnsb I wouldn't usually want to sort sideloaded books by filename but there have been a few occasions where I would liked to have the option, I think. e.g. someone asked me to proofread their book and sent me it as one file per chapter.

Last edited by ghira; 12-28-2023 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:46 AM   #70
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
@dnsb I wouldn't usually want to sort sideloaded books by filename but there have been a few occasions where I would liked to have the option, I think. e.g. someone asked me to proofread their book and send me it as one file per chapter.
Load it into calibre, fix the title and/or set the series info, and then the filename won't matter.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 03:07 PM   #71
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
@dnsb I wouldn't usually want to sort sideloaded books by filename but there have been a few occasions where I would liked to have the option, I think. e.g. someone asked me to proofread their book and sent me it as one file per chapter.
Been there, done that. I create one ebook from the first chapter and simply add the new chapters to that ebook. That also make searching for misused names, homonyms, etc. much easier.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:16 AM   #72
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Load it into calibre, fix the title and/or set the series info, and then the filename won't matter.
I fail to see how having to add another step and another device to the process makes things better.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:49 AM   #73
HarryEngineer
Enthusiast
HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.HarryEngineer can eat soup with a fork.

Device: supernote
Ensure to tick the sideload option guys... we dont want to lose this functionality.

Down with cloud bs.
HarryEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:06 PM   #74
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
The questions seemed geared toward improving sideloading, not removing that option.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:11 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
I got a popup when visiting the site about taking the survey. My magic wand wish was buttons on both sides.
I'd prefer buttons on no side. They would make it such that the bezel on the Libra 2 could be smaller.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote