Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-01-2022, 02:07 AM   #61
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I bought four books, and got two freebies in February. And I only read seven books! It still leaves my TBR one down on the end of January, so it's not in the wrong direction, but I need to do better. Probably in the direction of reading more. I got stuck on one or two books this month.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:47 AM   #62
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I don't understand it, but I have been so busy since the pandemic hit that my reading has really suffered.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2022, 09:02 PM   #63
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Bigme B751C, Kindle Voyage
I'm still a little bit ahead on my goal to read 100 books, but not as much as in January. I read a total of 7 books: 5 from TBR, 1 from Kindle Unlimited, and 1 borrowed. I'm on track for reading about 80% from paid for TBR. Not bad overall, but I would have liked to get a couple more books in.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:29 PM   #64
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm a bit behind on my reading goals, but Mom is better now so my evenings are back to stitching and listening to audiobooks. My furnace inspired dry eye should be better by next week when the temperatures rise and I can then read longer on my kindle. I think I will be caught up on my book goal by the end of March. Then I can go for a longer book (Peter F Hamilton).

Last edited by Tarana; 03-12-2022 at 12:10 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:24 AM   #65
AdamGott
Connoisseur
AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle/iPad
I'm doing well on my reading goals but not so much on my purchasing goals! Too many good bundle deals to pass up (Storybundle, Humble Bundle, Baen Books, etc.).
AdamGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #66
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I bought four books, and got two freebies in February. And I only read seven books! It still leaves my TBR one down on the end of January, so it's not in the wrong direction, but I need to do better. Probably in the direction of reading more. I got stuck on one or two books this month.
March was OK. I bought far too many books in April. TBR only down 13 on January...
Old 05-06-2022, 11:37 PM   #67
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
The attached screenshot shows that I am doing ok with my goals for the year, but I do wish The Storygraph offered stats FOR DNFs. I am over 50 for the year, which is a huge step forward for me, finally shedding the masochistic "gotta finish" fixation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goals. jpg.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	193663  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:05 PM   #68
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
The attached screenshot shows that I am doing ok with my goals for the year, but I do wish The Storygraph offered stats FOR DNFs. I am over 50 for the year, which is a huge step forward for me, finally shedding the masochistic "gotta finish" fixation
Good for you! I am a big fan of people dnf'ing books....
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:28 PM   #69
spacepope
Zealot
spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Smartphone
Finally updated my post. Last month was pretty brutal reading-wise, as I started working a new job and played a *bit* too much of a certain video game. Which will continue to eat my time into the future...

Ever since I moved back to the US I've been reading paper books more, just due to accessibility to them. I never had a choice to read on paper in Japan. But, I really enjoy those deals I can get on e-books, and I try so many things I never would have read otherwise. But in equal measure, I have picked up some good books recently from the likes of Goodwill for $.50 and enjoyed them as well!

However, my kobo is hands-down the easiest thing to read on when I'm eating lunch at work. Can easily shovel food in my mouth with one hand and read with the other

Currently have a LOT of books I have read at least 10% of. Hope to finish some more soon enough. It's causing a bit of a book slump I fear...
spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:54 AM   #70
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

It's the end of May! How are people doing with their challenges?

After a shaky April, I'm back on track in May, with four bought and seven read.
Old 05-31-2022, 03:14 AM   #71
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's the end of May! How are people doing with their challenges?

I did 40% more paid work than normal in May but still managed to read 64 books and 21K pages, so I'm not unhappy about that. On track to surpass last year's book and pages totals by the end of June.

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 05-31-2022 at 06:16 AM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:07 AM   #72
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I had an unusually slow May - only 3 books read - but I'm still progressing steadily towards my goals.

I guess now I've finished the Agatha Christies I'm not getting the quick fillers inbetween the longer books.

And I really didn't expect Golden Son to take nearly 2 weeks, when I sped through Red Rising in a matter of days. Some of it's my fault - late nights not giving me time to read - but I think some of it is down to the structure of the story. I liked it, but for the most part it doesn't have the driving urgency of Red Rising. And with very short chapters, it's too easy to stop.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:33 PM   #73
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Bigme B751C, Kindle Voyage
May has been a little slower than April with only 7 books read. I'm about two books behind for the year in my goal to read 100 books. Definitely didn't meet the goal of 80% from TBR, more like 50%. One book took 9 days to finish. It wasn't that it was a bad book. I think I just didn't have the attention span for it and got distracted doing other things. Hopefully, I can make up for it in June. Plenty of time for reading by the pool.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:40 PM   #74
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
May was pretty average so I'm still on track, thankfully
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:35 PM   #75
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm so far behind I have quit trying to track. Just focusing on reading whenever I can.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote