Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #61
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Ordered mine with the case from Kobo at 12:50 last night. Would have done Indigo but by the time that I tried to put in the order midday yesterday it was giving me a delivery date in late september. I hope that was early enough to get me one when they are released. Why the heck do Kobo and Indigo not have overnight or two day shipping to the US?
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #62
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
I also pre-ordered last night. I received a confirm estimated arrival in 7 to 10 days

I decided not to get the cover. Covers that fit the I-pad mini might be an option (not sure if the 1,2,3 or the 4 mini covers) so I'll wait until I have the reader.

Happy Birthday to me as well!
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2016, 10:49 AM   #63
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Beespeckled, are you sure that is an estimated arrival or is it the estimate of the time that shipping will take after it is shipped? When I read mine I thought it was the latter. Hope you're right & I'm wrong.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:07 AM   #64
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Beespeckled, are you sure that is an estimated arrival or is it the estimate of the time that shipping will take after it is shipped? When I read mine I thought it was the latter. Hope you're right & I'm wrong.

My reading as well. Just hoping that Kobo retained enough units to satisfy the at least the first hour worth of orders on or around the release date of the 6'th.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:32 AM   #65
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
For those that ordered from Kobo and Indigo, I see they both have notices up about possible shipment delays due to the Canada Post impending strike
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #66
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
fnac just sent me a notice that my unit has shipped
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #67
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsanuphe View Post
fnac just sent me a notice that my unit has shipped
Same location, didn't receive any notice, went to the site: this morning they were still waiting for delivery from kobo, now it's ready and waiting for transport.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #68
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
For those that ordered from Kobo and Indigo, I see they both have notices up about possible shipment delays due to the Canada Post impending strike
Fortunately they appear to plan to ship via other couriers, so other than the increased load on those couriers if all kinds of business turn to them shouldn't be a big issue. Those in more remote areas not covered by couriers and those with only PO box address could have problems though.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #69
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Ordered mine with the case from Kobo at 12:50 last night. Would have done Indigo but by the time that I tried to put in the order midday yesterday it was giving me a delivery date in late september. I hope that was early enough to get me one when they are released. Why the heck do Kobo and Indigo not have overnight or two day shipping to the US?
They put in a long arrival date to cover themselves in case of issues at customs. jerryleejr reported ordering a Glo HD on Aug 24 with delivery date to the US of Sept 16 and it showed up yesterday (which isn't bad considering there was a weekend in there). Others have had a similar experience.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #70
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Fortunately they appear to plan to ship via other couriers, so other than the increased load on those couriers if all kinds of business turn to them shouldn't be a big issue. Those in more remote areas not covered by couriers and those with only PO box address could have problems though.
Yep that's me! Tried to preorder from indigo and they told me my address was too "remote" to guarantee shipment due to the strike so they wouldn't let me preorder. Not sure how they consider a city of 40,000 people "remote" but whatever. *sigh*
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:00 PM   #71
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Gah, you still can't preorder from the UK store :-(

I blame Brexit.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #72
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
There is still no possibility to pre-oder in Germany. So I ordered a sleeve for it. Gotta be prepared ;-)
If you were in the boy scouts you'd get a badge for being that prepared.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #73
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Gah, you still can't preorder from the UK store :-(

I blame Brexit.
I've already ordered mine, fingers crossed it turns up Wednesday.
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:33 PM   #74
robko
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Yep that's me! Tried to preorder from indigo and they told me my address was too "remote" to guarantee shipment due to the strike so they wouldn't let me preorder. Not sure how they consider a city of 40,000 people "remote" but whatever. *sigh*
That is whacked. I'm in a city with a population of 32,000 and mine went through . I could understand more remote rural areas, but that seems weird. I guess it might depend which courier they are using.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #75
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I'm reading it as estimated arrival once it is shipped. But being an optimist, hope that means it ships within the next few days
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote