Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #61
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
What browser are you using? I used Firefox on my laptop.
Chrome. I'll try Firefox.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If you get a chance, would you please post that offer over at the Media Deals thread?
OK Posted.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #63
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Make sure to use the cloth and sticky tape. It will keep all dust out and make for a perfect fit. Even I can install these which is saying alot. lol
Oh, THOSE! Yes, the last screen protector I did on an iphone used that system, and I LOVED it. It makes it so much easier to get it *right*! Brilliant invention!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #64
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
OK Posted.
Thanks much
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #65
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Should I just remove the SIM card from the Moto E? Is that better or worse than putting it in airplane mode?

I haven't done anything with my Moto E yet--I just spent half the day setting up a DVR and I'm sick of dealing with modern technology!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Should I just remove the SIM card from the Moto E? Is that better or worse than putting it in airplane mode?

I haven't done anything with my Moto E yet--I just spent half the day setting up a DVR and I'm sick of dealing with modern technology!
Even without a sim it should stay in airplane mode or it will constantly try to find cellular services which will run down the battery. Best thing is to leave the sim in and turn on airplane mode then activate WiFi which you can leave on.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-01-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #67
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Prime music from Amazon. I have all my music in the cloud but it plays local files too. For streaming I use Slacker, Tune In and IHeartRadio. I also like Spotify.
I need an app for just local as I don't always have access to wifi here. Plus I bought a 32gb card, so I've plenty of room.

I need one that will allow me to add album art if any covers are missing.

I don't have Amazon Prime, though I think they do have some of the CDs I've purchased from them stored in their cloud. I don't really use their cloud service so haven't paid much attention.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #68
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I too need an app for local, because I'm old fashioned and like to own my actual CDs! I've only bought a fistful of mp3s online .... and I usually make a backup CD of them. But yeah, I don't want to be connected to wifi to play them, and I also bought a 32gb card to put them on.
So I'll have to figure out how to put them there, too. (But since I haven't gone home to look on my front porch, this is all hypothesis, and it might be dead easy when I actually try it!)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Does Play Music come on the phone? It can play local files. Most phones already have an app for local music.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #70
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How does the sound of the Moto E compare with the LG Volt and Nokia 520?
I've got the Nokia 520 from last year and the Moto E (this year). I've put the same audio book on both phones so I could compare apples to apples. Honestly, for me I think the Nokia has better/louder sound from the built in speaker than the Moto E. Which is good for me. Mom will be getting the Nokia for audio books and at her age she needs a louder speaker than me.
I haven't tried any headphones in the Moto E yet.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #71
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does Play Music come on the phone? It can play local files. Most phones already have an app for local music.
Yes, but the songs appear in a tiny part of the screen and the rest is them trying to sell me more stuff (If you like x, buy y type of stuff).

I've read a gazillion reviews of various music apps today and my eyes have glazed over. The two I tried wanted the paid version to let me add album covers. Not sure why the covers don't all show up as they do on my PC.

I don't mind paying for app as I have Google credit, but I want to be sure it's going to do what I want first.

I would stick with the Sony Walkman app, but it's not available for this device.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #72
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I'll hopefully spare somebody by admitting I tried to get that silly blue case on for a loooong time before the no-longer-a-teen took it, removed the band, and put the cover on.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:46 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Yes, but the songs appear in a tiny part of the screen and the rest is them trying to sell me more stuff (If you like x, buy y type of stuff).

I've read a gazillion reviews of various music apps today and my eyes have glazed over. The two I tried wanted the paid version to let me add album covers. Not sure why the covers don't all show up as they do on my PC.

I don't mind paying for app as I have Google credit, but I want to be sure it's going to do what I want first.

I would stick with the Sony Walkman app, but it's not available for this device.
Hopefully someone will know. You might want to start a thread for the music app so more people will see it. I use Prime Music formally known as Amazon MP3 It does everything I need including Album art.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:40 AM   #74
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hopefully someone will know. You might want to start a thread for the music app so more people will see it. I use Prime Music formally known as Amazon MP3 It does everything I need including Album art.
I installed it and figured out how to get it to switch from cloud library (I somehow have 608 songs there!) to music on device. But how do you get it to update/add an album cover?
Old 12-02-2015, 01:41 AM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Play a song from the album.