Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-28-2022, 08:37 AM   #61
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Thanks ..
I will look into posting a windows test build via Sigil's ci deploy later today.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If you don't have anything to commit, I have a few CI-related changes I can push to trigger a deployment
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #63
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found and fixed a few bugs this morning, and added some more debug output, just in case.
I just pushed this with deploy.

I plan to host the debug builds on my BuildSigilOnMac github releases pages and post the links here.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #64
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds good. I'll grab the Windows build myself when I get a minute.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #65
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, we have used github actions to get snapshot builds of current Sigil master (unsigned) for those who are willing to run tests using Find & Replace to make sure my recent changes to make it run a bit more like Sigil 1.8 did, have not broken anything.

Please remember the following still matter:

1. The search Target mode still matters! Wrap mode ONLY works in "Current File" mode and not with search targets that process multiple files (all, selected, tabbed for CSS and HTML).

2. Searches should now start from where ever you are now and work in the direction indicated

3. When searching with a multiple file target mode (all, selected, tabbed), you can force the whole set of searches to restart (from your current location) by simply hitting the Restart button.

4. In Sigil 1.9.0+ Saved Searches that target groups of files should now be able to skip replacements and continue on making Saved Search Groups much more useful for cleaning up sets of common mistakes (such as from a scanned document).

I have hosted the links to these special test builds here:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...or_sigil_1.0.0

For Mac - grab: Sigil-master-8098671-build_num-360-Mac.tar.xz

For Windows - grab: Sigil-master-8098671-build_num-360-Win-Setup.exe

Then try running your usual search and replacements (understanding the changes given above) and report any unusual issues. We can then explain to you how to capture a debug log file to track down what might be wrong.

If all goes well, after removing the added debug pieces, this will hopefully become a fast followup Sigil-1.91 release that will make long time users used to how search operated in Sigil-1.8.0 happier under Sigil-1.9.1+.

Thanks for any help and feedback!
Advert
Old 02-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #66
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Note that this build will not install on Windows 7. You must have Windows 8+.

I'll attach the legacy installer to the Sigil 1.9.1 release once it happens.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:50 PM   #67
roland1
Connoisseur
roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roland1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the new release

I appreciate that you guys (the Sigil coding team) have created this app. for the rest of us. I used v1.8 to publish my ebook in January and now I'm working on another ebook in v1.9. It's an intuitive and pleasant experience.

Last edited by roland1; 02-28-2022 at 04:52 PM.
roland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:23 PM   #68
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
It works! Thank you so much. The only odd thing (which the previous version was also doing, so it's not a new thing) is that once you reach the end of a search group in which you did not replace all matches, clicking on Count All will produce a non-zero count (Matches Found: 3, for example), while clicking on Find will produce "No Matches Found" or "Matches Found: 1" (if you didn't replace the final match). But clicking on Restart resets everything, so I can live with this.

Last edited by icallaci; 02-28-2022 at 08:40 PM.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:56 AM   #69
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, the Count All will always record the total number of hits across all files.

Every time a new search is started, from that point in the initial file and then through all other files in the target set, the search will be performed Find by Find.

So the "No matches Found", in this case means really means "No Remaining Matches Found" from where you started the new search through all other files in the set you told it to search.

So if you skipped over replacements, Count All will find and count them as still being matches.
Old 03-01-2022, 09:40 AM   #70
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Kevin, the search from current position works as expected.

One thing I couldn't seem to work out was the Restart option. I have my search scope as "All HTML Files" and I open go to roughly the middle html file and search for "the". If I click Restart (and the "Search will restart" message appears), I would have expected the search to start from the first html file listed in the book browser, but it just searches from the current position. This is the same using either ^G or clicking on the "Find" button to search. I tried the a similar experiment with the scope set to "Tabbed HTML Files" and it behaved the same way. Am I misunderstanding that the "Restart" button is expected to do?
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:00 AM   #71
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Kevin, the search from current position works as expected.

One thing I couldn't seem to work out was the Restart option. I have my search scope as "All HTML Files" and I open go to roughly the middle html file and search for "the". If I click Restart (and the "Search will restart" message appears), I would have expected the search to start from the first html file listed in the book browser, but it just searches from the current position. This is the same using either ^G or clicking on the "Find" button to search. I tried the a similar experiment with the scope set to "Tabbed HTML Files" and it behaved the same way. Am I misunderstanding that the "Restart" button is expected to do?
If the Find button starts from the current position, while Restart begins at the beginning of the file or group of files, that would make sense to me too. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:10 PM   #72
KevinH
Sigil Developer

You should only need restart when you have run the search previously and it reports no matches found but for some reason you want to run the same search again. After hitting restart, you can go to any open CV tab and hit find and it will start the search again but this time from any file and location that you choose.

Restart will always start any new search from your current file. It will properly wrap around to the files earlier in BookBrowser order if they have not been searched yet. It keeps track if your Starting Resource and so knows when to properly stop after all files have been searched.

So it is guaranteed to search all files once while allowing you to choose the starting point.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-01-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #73
KevinH
Sigil Developer

FYI, more search related changes are coming since I have found and fixed a number of bugs since that test build was made. I hope to get things stable enough to post new test builds this evening.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #74
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay,

Here are the latest test builds with many fixes and with auto "wrap-like" behaviour on starting resources that properly move on when all matches have been visited.

You can grab them here:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...or_sigil_1.0.0

Look for:

Sigil-master-6e20bad-build_num-365-Mac.tar.xz

Sigil-master-6e20bad-build_num-365-Win-Setup.exe

Then please run tests. As before search targets matter.
Changing the find field will start a new search wherever you currently are and will continue cycling around the BookBrowser order ensuring that all matches will be visited once and only once and then report No matches found.

You can manually hit Restart and the next Find will be treated as a new search from whereever you are when you hit find.

Please give this a try and let me know of any search related bugs you run into.

Hopefully, this will be the last test builds needed.

Thanks again for testing and helping to improve Sigil.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:44 PM   #75
icallaci
Guru

I gave the newest version quite a workout tonight. It seems to be stable and does what I expect, so I think this will work for me. Thank you, thank you!

Last edited by icallaci; 03-02-2022 at 09:02 AM.